Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 7 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I've been on Hazard all along and believe he is a better option if money isn't the main motivation. However on wildcard now I'm tempted to roll the dice with Pedro for a few weeks and see how that goes.

Actually I can't afford Hazard, Pedro it is :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 33,081 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FHFC wrote: »
    Yeah in the case where you could only have 2 starters it could be a free move. Risk is Targett plays.

Problem with starting Gomez is the liklihood if the 10 min cameo.

We will have the team before the deadline I imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

CSF wrote: »
    We will have the team before the deadline I imagine

How?

wonski wrote: »
    How?

There's a lad who's been getting the teams leaked who has had them right every week so far even last week with all the major changes made to the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

There's a lad who's been getting the teams leaked who has had them right every week so far even last week with all the major changes made to the team.

Yeah forgot about that. I take it you're keeping an eye on him on FFS so i don't have to!? :)

Wont help with the risk of a Gomez timewasting sub cameo sadly (assuming he doesn't start).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

With Silva ruled out I'm considering a -4 to bring in KdB or Pedro/Hazard.

I have Kolorov and Aguero so City are cover. I have no Chelsea cover since ditching Hazard last week so I'm swaying towards getting some in before Newcastle.

Or would I be better sticking with my first thought - KdB?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Benteke to Pelle or Martial for -4?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Benteke to Pelle or Martial for -4?

I've gone with Martial and captained him. Cue a 1-0 win for Sunderland :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Had planned on getting a WBA defender in but with Silva out i'll switch him to De Bruyne.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Has he been confirmed out? For me, it'll be a toss up between KDB and Hazard. Newcastle away seems very inviting for Hazard, and KDB seems to be a very good player, will provide a lot of goals and assists this season imo.

I'm in the same boat. Was hoping Silva was going to be fit and was going to -4 with Gomez but need to get rid of Silva now. KDB or Pedro I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Silva confirmed out is a real pain the a$$.

I brought him in last week because Pedro was supposed to be out (had planned to do Ayew > Silva, and now he's missed two games in a row :(

So to bring in Hazard or Pedro is dilemma 1 and to take a 4 point hit or not to also do Sakho > Martial is dilemma 2....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

SantryRed wrote: »
    Away on hols so missed out on getting .3m from Gomis -> Martial but did it anyway today.

Have another free transfer to use but will wait until after the league cup game. Will probably be one of:

Ruddy -> Butland
    Gomez -> Dawson/Zouma
    Silva -> ???.

Have 1.5m in the bank so most options available.

With Silva confirmed out, I feel like I need to transfer him out. Hazard/Pedro or KDB are the top of my list but struggling to decide on which one.

Gomez -> Zouma will be the transfer more than likely next week.

EDIT: Must also say, that I'm 5 points clear in a pay league with this week to go for the monthly prize. So tempted to go Hazard/Pedro this week, and then bring in KDB for Sanchez next week now...

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

Just done Hazard in for Silva. Was mulling over who to bring in, when I took Silve out I had exactly 11.3m to spend so took that as a sign...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Benteke->Martial done earlier in the week and now Wilson->Ings with second f/t

bank emptied :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

.2 Short of Gomis to Martial...

Who do ye think I should change.?

c0282e01a504e0b561b28cf047494c6f.png

Benimar wrote: »
    Silva and Benteke out for a -4. Either to KdB/Martial or Sanchez/Ighalo

Anyone care to express a view?

option 1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

manual_man wrote: »
    Benteke->Martial done earlier in the week and now Wilson->Ings with second f/t

bank emptied :eek:

Wilson is joint top scorer, pretty harsh selling him.

Ormus wrote: »
    Wilson is joint top scorer, pretty harsh selling him.

It's a gamble alright. Ings is on form too though, and with Benteke out for a spell, Ings should be leading the line. Ya gotta roll the dice now and again :D

Running Ayew to Hazard or Pedro through my head for a -4. Have the funds and don't have much other use for them but can't settle on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Keep Gomis, no? I'd switch O'Shea for a West Brom player if I were you. Then Darmian for Azpi next week or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Hold and Pray?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,118 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Arnie is taking up 1.6m more than Fletcher would... for your 8th attacker, 6m is too much imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

PARlance wrote: »
    Arnie is taking up 1.6m more than Fletcher would... for your 8th attacker, 6m is too much imo.

I'd agree with that, unless you're planning an all out attack then downgrade him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

PARlance wrote: »

Exactly what I was thinking. If you need to use a transfer this week Arnie to 4.4m playing mid (Fletcher) would open up a world of options for you next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Sound lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Sound lads!

But you've gone up hugely in my estimation by virtue of the fact that you had Arnie at all;)
    He's still very much under the radar and seems to be in the best form of his Stoke career, decent fixtures and I'm on a wildcard. Have I talked myself into something:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

But you've gone up hugely in my estimation by virtue of the fact that you had Arnie at all ;)
    He's still very much under the radar and seems to be in the best form of his Stoke career, decent fixtures and I'm on a wildcard. Have I talked myself into something :o

I strongly considered putting Arnie in my gw3 wildcard.
    I'm glad I didn't because his starting spot looks far from secure.
    I'd stay away.

Running Ayew to Hazard or Pedro through my head for a -4. Have the funds and don't have much other use for them but can't settle on it.

Come on somebody, tell me how I should do this because Hazard is gonna start turning it on tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,118 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Come on somebody, tell me how I should do this because Hazard is gonna start turning it on tomorrow.

Hazard... ready to explode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Would only do it if you're going to captain Hazard. I'm not convinced he's back just because he "scored" a goal off a massive deflection in the 90' against 9 men. I'd rather be a week or two late to that party for 11.3m

Advertisement