Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 7 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Jesus lads it's taking some guts to stay off this Martial choochoo. I'm clear on my decision and hope its the right one but the fear is big, and given the level his ownership has risen to and the high level of captaincy likely is it at the stage where getting him as a blocker would be the wiser move? I'm at 300k OR which is more than decent so from that position should i be playing more safe??

I'm 90% settled on getting Hazard in with my ft so it would be for -4 making it even less attractive. However if for once the popular highly owned captain did pull of a double digit score it could be hugely damaging to us contrarians!

Team assuming i make the Haz move:
    Myhill
    Kolarov. Naughton. Souare. ( Gomez. Martin)
    Hazard sanchez. Mahrez. Yaya (Westwood )
    Agüero. Gomis. Wilson

• Registered Users Posts: 48,184 ✭✭✭✭km79

FHFC wrote: »
    Jesus lads it's taking some guts to stay off this Martial choochoo. I'm clear on my decision and hope its the right one but the fear is big, and given the level his ownership has risen to and the high level of captaincy likely is it at the stage where getting him as a blocker would be the wiser move? I'm at 300k OR which is more than decent so from that position should i be playing more safe??

I'm 90% settled on getting Hazard in with my ft so it would be for -4 making it even less attractive. However if for once the popular highly owned captain did pull of a double digit score it could be hugely damaging to us contrarians!

Myhill
    Agüero. Gomis. Wilson
    I'm around the 300 k mark too
    have 2 free transfers as well
    want hazard but can't get him if I get martial ......I think it may be too much of a risk not to get martial given the amount of lads in my league who had benteke last week and have switched to martial

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

FHFC wrote: »

Myhill
    Agüero. Gomis. Wilson

Personally I bought him to make cash and get a few points. He's on a streak atm but I don't see that continuing long term.

Swansea are looking much more together than utd at the moment and gomis will continue to be fed chances. Points wise I think Gomis will be in the lead over the medium term.

Step down off the ledge ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Thinking of changing my defence a good bit over the course of the next two weeks. Have Clyne and Darmian and, while Liverpool are looking very weak at the moment, Darmian is struggling with fatigue. Both Liverpool and Man Utd have poor fixtures after this GW and I want to get rid of them. Have 2 FT's which I still don't know what to do with, so I might offload one of them now as I would still have a really good defence without one of them. I also do want Kolarov badly or a Chelsea defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

How many are on the Martial bandwagon. Lovely fixture this week. Could easily bag big points.
    Do I off load Gomis?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    How many are on the Martial bandwagon. Lovely fixture this week. Could easily bag big points.
    Do I off load Gomis?

Kinda been discussed to death all week if you read back a few threads. A lot on the bandwagon. A lot captaining. A few good men and true remain skeptical! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

This time next week, folk will be transferring in Pelle, dunno why there is no love for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Thinking of changing my defence a good bit over the course of the next two weeks. Have Clyne and Darmian and, while Liverpool are looking very weak at the moment, Darmian is struggling with fatigue. Both Liverpool and Man Utd have poor fixtures after this GW and I want to get rid of them. Have 2 FT's which I still don't know what to do with, so I might offload one of them now as I would still have a really good defence without one of them. I also do want Kolarov badly or a Chelsea defender.

Darmian first out imo. Shaw is a huge loss to united and there is a good chance Valencia takes some of his minutes. Clyne probably first name down on team sheet for Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭LucidLife

Ace2007 wrote: »
    This time next week, folk will be transferring in Pelle, dunno why there is no love for him.

I brought in him and hazard this week so hope your right and might increase value some more

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Ace2007 wrote: »

BUIB has scarred more than a few on here

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    current front 8
    Sanchez mahrez mata yaya ayew
    aguero Wilson sahko

right I'm pretty much down to these 2 options
    2FT
    1. Sanchez and sahko to Payet and martial
    2. darmian and Sanchez to Dawson and hazard

vote :)

Like others, I'd keep Sanchez (my captain this GW) but I'd take #2, because Harard, one of my two transfers in this week.

LucidLife wrote: »
    Like others, I'd keep Sanchez (my captain this GW) but I'd take #2, because Harard, one of my two transfers in this week.

I've almost fully settled on 2 at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

Wildcard active, can't decide on defenders to replace Darmian and Targett.

Currently on:

Martin
    Kolarov
    Azpilicueta
    Targett
    Darmian

Myhill in goal so have WB cover but thinking De Gea and Evans maybe?
    What bout my budget filler then, is Souaré a good shout, seen his name about a lot but don't know much about him tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

podge018 wrote: »

Currently on:

Martin
    Kolarov
    Azpilicueta
    Targett
    Darmian

What bout my budget filler then, is Souaré a good shout, seen his name about a lot but don't know much about him tbh.

Nothing wrong with a WBA GK/DEF double up IMO. Evans would be a fine choice. Then for your filler Watford seems to be best - Nyom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

Took that on board but I don't like double up defenders, never something I went with.

De Gea
    McCarthy

Martin
    Kolarov
    Azpilicueta
    Evans
    Nyom

Is where I'm at. Could get Bertrand with the 1.5m I have in bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

ElTel wrote: »
    Darmian first out imo. Shaw is a huge loss to united and there is a good chance Valencia takes some of his minutes. Clyne probably first name down on team sheet for Liverpool.

I was actually leaning towards Clyne going first! I think Liverpool are less likely to get a CS than Man Utd, and as long as Darmian plays 60-odd minutes, I'll get my points! I do see where you're coming from, though. Valencia could easily come on at half time again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

podge018 wrote: »

Currently on:

Martin
    Kolarov
    Azpilicueta
    Targett
    Darmian

Darmian will probably start this week (Valencia started in the League cup) and United are home to Sunderland, so I'd keep him for one more week.

km79 wrote: »
    I've almost fully settled on 2 at the moment

Nice, I figure it too much of a hazard without Hazard, he will be eager to make up for lost ground I'm sure.

Who will you give armband to? I am going Sanchez because to be fair he is doing a lot right and i think for whatever reasons that Hazard getting off the mark will entice him to hit the net this week, at least.

Could well be wrong but he has to be more likely to score given the 30+ attempts that have eluded the net? As in his probability of netting surely increases for every minute/match he doesn't? Form be damned this year because we all know he can score twice against most.

Basically I equate it to playing roulette. I have watched the wheel return black six spins (weeks) in a row, so I predict red this week and Sanchez is the man I'm hoping refinds his former glory.

I actually hope Aguero blanks (have him) so that more drop him this week and miss the boatload he guarantees later. Anybody shipping him for any reason that's not injury has not been part of these forums long enough I'd suggest. When he pours points I know that there are the usual handful here that won't be without him...right? You still have him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Took an 8 point hit.

Feck it. Doing ****e and after a measly 30 points last week some action was needed.

Lovren > Prodl
    Kone > Martial

I did these 2 on Sunday

Then Benteke came off injured so did Benteke > Ings.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 71 ✭✭Mr Robot

So what's the word on Benteke? Not gonna make it?

• Advertisement

2 weeks out Mr.Robot. May be back for the derby but that's not all that enticing being honest.

2 weeks out Mr.Robot. May be back for the derby but that's not all that enticing being honest.

Grand

So I've 9.1 to spend on a striker- already have Rooney and Aguero - any suggestions?

Well everyone seems to be going with Martial / Aguero. I can't say much is sticking out, Ings maybe? 2 goals in 2 albeit one was versus Carlisle, but he was in the right place, right time etc...

Well everyone seems to be going with Martial / Aguero. I can't say much is sticking out, Ings maybe? 2 goals in 2 albeit one was versus Carlisle, but he was in the right place, right time etc...

Pulled the trigger on Martial

Martial-Rooney-Aguero front line tomorrow

If the Mancs blow it against the Mackems I'm screwed :(

Martial - Ings - Aguero myself.

Captains armband will be a tough one this week. Still think City have way too much for Spurs and an Aguero goal midweek has me contemplating him. However, also liking the idea of Payet/ Martial. Drawing of straws for captain i think haha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Going Benteke to Martial. Held off all week as not convinced about it, but I've now lost 0.1 on Benteke on top of missing Martials price rises. Annoyed enough by that not to run the risk of being pushed over the edge completely by a Martial brace :)

LucidLife wrote: »
    Nice, I figure it too much of a hazard without Hazard, he will be eager to make up for lost ground I'm sure.

Who will you give armband to? I am going Sanchez because to be fair he is doing a lot right and i think for whatever reasons that Hazard getting off the mark will entice him to hit the net this week, at least.

Could well be wrong but he has to be more likely to score given the 30+ attempts that have eluded the net? As in his probability of netting surely increases for every minute/match he doesn't? Form be damned this year because we all know he can score twice against most.

Basically I equate it to playing roulette. I have watched the wheel return black six spins (weeks) in a row, so I predict red this week and Sanchez is the man I'm hoping refinds his former glory.

I actually hope Aguero blanks (have him) so that more drop him this week and miss the boatload he guarantees later. Anybody shipping him for any reason that's not injury has not been part of these forums long enough I'd suggest. When he pours points I know that there are the usual handful here that won't be without him...right? You still have him?

it's on aguero for the moment.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Before anyone asks...
    Here is a run down of a more detailed list of the news conferences ahead...

Norwich (08:45)

Arsenal (09:00)

Liverpool (09:30)

Aston Villa (10:00)

Everton (12:00)

Sunderland (12:00)

Tottenham (12:30)

Man City (12:45)

Crystal Palace (13:00)

Man Utd (13:15)

Chelsea (14:00)

Newcastle (14:00)

Watford (14:00)

Stoke (14:00)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,082 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Before anyone asks...

This is glorious work

• Advertisement

Any idea when Southampton's press conference will be?

Advertisement