Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 7 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I reckon he's still on them unless a Chelsea version of Mirallas steps up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭Invincible

FHFC wrote: »
    Any thoughts lads. Wanna go to bed! :)

Pedro for now until/if Hazard awakens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Any thoughts lads. Wanna go to bed! :)

I dumped pedro last week for shaqiri. Brought in hazard. Hazard better player but no guarantees.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Hazard the better option pretty clearly. But nearly 2m better?

Not too sure tbh. He's worth a short term punt considering their run. There is probably better long term value elsewhere but based on the live games i've seen this season, newcastle are a dirty team and prone to giving away a lot of fouls. Hopefully this will mean a penalty or assist for award of free kick.

I like that he is a differential and with my poor score this year i need to take some risks.

km79 wrote: »
    OK I've found a way to get hazard in whilst also getting martial in as a blocker but it involves a -4 and leaves me with 3 united players moving into 3 diff games ........
    Sanchez sahko ayew out hazard martial cheap mid in......also means moving back to 343
    crazy ? I have 2 ft

Was tempted by Martial earlier in week until someone pointed out Sahko's favourable fixtures.

• Advertisement

Went with the obvious move of Silva to KDB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Invincible wrote: »
    Was tempted by Martial earlier in week until someone pointed out Sahko's favourable fixtures.

I got moses in to cover those fixtures and still get martial. 5.3m cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Deco99 wrote: »

when I already have sahko though it feels very sideways especially as it involves a -4...........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Anyone looking at Bojan? Need to get rid of Benteke, and I don't want Martial. Looking at Bojan, Ighalo, Pelle at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Getting second thoughts as to whether Hazard worth 1.8m more than Pedro! That cash can do a lot elsewhere. Yaya to Silva. Gomis to almost anyone.
    It's impossible to answer this question. It'll depend a lot upon Mourinho's tactics. Pedro has been raised Barça-style. Mourinho's not far from the opposite. But Pedro's a lethal weapon for counterattacks, which suits Mourinho's style. So far Chelsea have been "experimenting". Tough to know how they're gonna play. With Costa banned though Pedro could be more involved upfront. Could be true for Hazard too though.

I guess the question for you is how important are those £1.8m?!
    OK I've found a way to get hazard in whilst also getting martial in as a blocker but it involves a -4 and leaves me with 3 united players moving into 3 diff games ........
    Sanchez sahko ayew out hazard martial cheap mid in......also means moving back to 343
    crazy ? I have 2 ft
    Westwood or Drinkwater the cheap 5th mid that are far from dropping at the moment.
    It's a bold move you're attempting. I'm afrai I don't have a definite opinion about it. Sounds very risky but in the meantime the players you're getting rid of have disappointed lately.
    Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Anyone looking at Bojan? Need to get rid of Benteke, and I don't want Martial. Looking at Bojan, Ighalo, Pelle at the moment.
    Pellè seems on good form, though mainly at home at someone posted earlier in the week.

• Advertisement

Deco99 wrote: »

I already had Sahko though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

crazy ? I have 2 ft

Blocker? You looking at a monthly prize win?
    3 utd. is a bad idea imo.
    I'm not in the Martial camp at least for amother 3 or 4 gws.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »

Don't dismiss Vardy!

As for me, is it worth getting rid of Silva for a 4 pts hit?
    I have Wanyama to sub in.

KDB is damn tempting. He scored in their last 2 games. City have a glorious run coming. He's rising tonight.
    But 4 pts hit away to Spurs. They've been solid defensively lately (3 CS in a row in PL). KDB could be rotated when Silva'll be back (though Nasri should be the bench warmer IMO).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

iroced wrote: »

KDB is damn tempting. He scored in their last 2 games. City have a glorious run coming. He's rising tonight.
    But 4 pts hit away to Spurs. They've been solid defensively lately (3 CS in a row in PL). KDB could be rotated when Silva'll be back (though Nasri should be the bench warmer IMO).

It probably is at this stage.

Invincible wrote: »
    Don't dismiss Vardy!

Why Bojan and not Diouf?

Silva seems consistently injury prone, KDB has eye opening pass accuracy so far and goal ability, chance of Silva dropping Sat night.
    I'd go the 4 pt hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I think Spurs' new found defensive solidity is a bit misleading. Everton have blanked twice on the road while Palace hit the post twice against them and were unlucky not to score. The other clean sheet was against Sunderland. City will provide a much tougher test than anything they've faced so far.

Meanwhile I've only taken 1 hit this season!!

Whats wrong with me!!?? Hardly worth -4 to get Evans in to play ahead of Naughton is it??

Had written it off after briefly considering, but Everton have only scored once in their last 4 according to FFS who have Evans in their scout picks. Meanwhile I really dont see a Swansea cs at Soton.

Anyone got the cs odds handy?

It probably is at this stage.
    The idea of a 5th 4 pts hit in 6 transfer weeks (:rolleyes: :P) doesn't appeal to me, especially with my catastrophic last one. Though, here Silva won't play for sure so it's KDB vs Wanyama...
    But £10.1m resale on the bench for the third GW in a row is also something I'm not very happy about... Such a waste!

• Advertisement

Considered leaving him there too and annoyed myself with all the options of who to bring in including Hazard but someone mentioned Silva and calf injuries a while back and I have a feeling Pelli would love to leave him out and tell Spain he's not fit. I took the hit for KdB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Just took the 4 point hit on Silva out KDB in.

Team now stands as -

Begovic (Schmeichel)
    Bellerin, Kolarov, Francis (Dawson, Alderweireld)
    KDB, Mahrez, Ayew, Pedro (Sako)
    Gomis, Ageuro, Wilson

I would fancy a Dawson cleanie against Everton though I'm not sure where I could fit him in?

Meanwhile I've only taken 1 hit this season!!

Whats wrong with me!!?? Hardly worth -4 to get Evans in to play ahead of Naughton is it??

Had written it off after briefly considering, but Everton have only scored once in their last 4 according to FFS who have Evans in their scout picks. Meanwhile I really dont see a Swansea cs at Soton.

Anyone got the cs odds handy?

Right Swansea at 13/5 and WBA at 21/10.

I'm still tempted.

Just took the 4 point hit on Silva out KDB in.

Team now stands as -

Begovic (Schmeichel)
    Bellerin, Kolarov, Francis (Dawson, Alderweireld)
    KDB, Mahrez, Ayew, Pedro (Sako)
    Gomis, Ageuro, Wilson

I would fancy a Dawson cleanie against Everton though I'm not sure where I could fit him in?

Just posted all the cs odds in the odds thread.

Of your 5 defenders Dawson considered favourite for a cs by the bookies. Way ahead of Francis.

Right Swansea at 13/5 and WBA surprisingly at joint second fave at 21/20.

I'm tempted now.
    Who are your other defs already?

Kolarov, Naughton, Martin...

Who are your other defs already?

Kolarov, Naughton, Martin...

Gomez and Souare.

Gomez dropped and needs to go anyway. Evans my planned replacement. Chances are I'll have another priority next week too.

Going for it now for -4 if Evans outscores Naughton this week its an extra ft.

I'd written this off earlier today but seriously considering now.

Of your 5 defenders Dawson considered favourite for a cs by the bookies. Way ahead of Francis.

Didn't know there was an odds thread. Cheers
    What about the "don't take a hit for a defensive transfer" rule?

ElTel wrote: »
    What about the "don't take a hit for a defensive transfer" rule?

I think it's nonsense personally...provided it's a switch you want to make long term anyway. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97152232&postcount=379

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Cheers, made the switch.

• Advertisement

Gomez and Souare.

Gomez dropped and needs to go anyway. Evans my planned replacement. Chances are I'll have another priority next week too.

Going for it now for -4 if Evans outscores Naughton this week its an extra ft.

I'd written this off earlier today but seriously considering now.
    Are you/we definitely sure about Gomez dropped considering Lovren got badly injured? Is it Sakho who's gonna benefit from it and Moreno taking Gomez' spot?

I can see the appeal now though. Martin, Souré & Naughton all away to in form teams sound like the best they could return is 2 pts.

I'd like to stress the bold part too. Sometimes (more often than not actually), holding on a hit can put you/us in a nasty situation the week after because you/we always have (tons of) other plans. And if your hit is a long-term plan, it's a transfer you'll have to make anyway. On paper it looks good this week so of course it won't work (it's always the case isn't it :p?) but the timing is good to do it now ;).

Advertisement