Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Cycling offers Thursday 24 Sept

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Rambling Man

There will be cyclists in tents and sleeping bags outside Aldi overnight. Probably the tents and sleeping bags from the camping sale a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,484 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Just on the Garmins, of course they are great value but I think, as pointed out above, that the stock will be extremely limited.

Great if you get one, but they are for sale on Wiggle for €140, so €30 difference.

Not to be sniffed at, but not worth queing for hours in the early morning either IMO

He says as he quietly packs his sleeping bag and heats the thermos flask

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Just on the Garmins, of course they are great value but I think, as pointed out above, that the stock will be extremely limited.

Great if you get one, but they are for sale on Wiggle for €140, so €30 difference.

Not to be sniffed at, but not worth queing for hours in the early morning either IMO

in fairness I cant see anybody queuing for hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

I've just heard from a friend manager in Aldi that he has only received 2 of them. Could be a lot of disappointed people in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Einstein?

Since when do cyclists queue up?:o It's always a sprint to the finish :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,233 ✭✭✭secman

sparrowcar wrote: »
    I've just heard from a friend manager in Aldi that he has only received 2 of them. Could be a lot of disappointed people in the morning.

And one of them can't be located for some odd reason

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

If I get to an Aldi at 9, will sale items already be on display or do they only add them later?

Also, any idea which of the following three - Parnell St, East Wall or Rathmines - would be the best to check out?

Cheers,

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Hobgoblin Beer only €2.29:D

winner alright

secman wrote: »
    And one of them can't be located for some odd reason

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Bit of a queue outside ALDI coolock now, mainly OAPs :D

• Advertisement

6 people outside aldi tallaght. again mainly oaps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

Aldi east wall opened 15 min early. Staff said that they have plenty of garnins. I don't know how many plenty is though. At least 4 gone already. Happy to say I got mine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Just picked a Garmin up in Greystones. Very little commotion so they might not sell out in a hurry

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

OH got an Edge in Aldi Maynooth earlier, but not sure how many the store got in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

appears they only had 2 edges in tallaght. i got one and both now gone.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Mulhuddart had 4, I panicked and bought the last one. I have a Bryton 60 and this I don't need, but might alternate them for a bit. A friend might need one so thought I'd get one in case they needed. F. all merino base layers, but got 2.

Mulhuddart still has a fair few 200s so I wonder if staff are mixing them up. One really obnoxious guy just basically shouted "GARMIN, THE 500, NOT THE 200", a lot at the staff. Hope his sends him off course somewhere, no need to be an arse to people first thing in the morning (or ever)

Have to go back for the stand as it's too heavy to carry by bike

Actually thwy had 5 but all gone

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Einstein?

When we are so used to the overpriced cycling market, it's mad what a little reduction in price can do :D

Got an edge in Rathmines :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Is it worth getting one having a forerunner 910xt already? Also anyone know what stock is like in Dundalk?

Also are the lights worth an investment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

traprunner wrote: »
    Aldi east wall opened 15 min early. Staff said that they have plenty of garnins. I don't know how many plenty is though. At least 4 gone already. Happy to say I got mine :D

Spotted that, I thought I was late... at least now I'll have the EXACT time thanks to my Edge 500

There were 2 left at 9am!

All were black and silver btw... didn't fancy the black and red ones, but would have preferred blue/silver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Didn't realise they were selling the stand again. I have one here that I'll let go for €20 if anyone wants it. Maynooth area.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lorimc

They had four in Maynooth, all gone straight away. I was first there at about 8.45 and nobody else came out of the woodwork until 8.55 so no mad panic. I think everyone that was there got one.
    I'm really happy since my Garmin was in a RTC at the Wicklow 200 (lost most that data) and has been fairly brain-damaged since (never mind that the mount was messed up). This didn't cost much more than sending it back to Garmin for repair and for a brand new unit it was worth it. It also matches my bike better than the red one.............:)

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Fender76

My local Aldi in Wexford had only 2.. My dad got me one... Dads are great..

I feel a bit like one of those eejits you see on Black Friday coverage!

feck all bib tights in tallaght or the performance jerseys or jackets and whst they did have was almost exclusively ladies stuff got my edge but no clothing at all. guess i need to resubmit an order on the boards winter order lol

Orion wrote: »
    Didn't realise they were selling the stand again. I have one here that I'll let go for €20 if anyone wants it. Maynooth area.

If only I could drive :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

PGE1970 wrote: »
    Thanks Swamp.

I'd be obliged to hear what people think? Is that good enough/suitable for a beginner? Also, the video on Aldi website doesn't show anywhere to put the front wheel. Is it a case that there is not an attachment to raise the angle of the front wheel? Perhaps it's not necessary?

thanks again!

The turbo trainer looks just like one that I got in Decathlon-Belfast last year for about £80. If it's the same it's a very good entry level one IMO. It's ideal if you're not sure that a TT suits you and you aren't sure that you'll use it much. I've about 180 hours on it since last November and I'm happy with it.

The riser block is more to stop the wheel moving from left to right, it wasn't high enough for me so I just put it on a block of wood. Probably more to do with me personally as the belly doesn't allow for a true aerodynamic position on the bike.

EDIT: This is the one I got. You'll also need a TT tyre unless you've a load of old ones that you can burn out.
    http://www.decathlon.ie/c-00077781b-in-ride-300-550-watt-home-trainer.html

Seems a bit hit and miss then with the store allocations. I'm glad my friend misplaced mine for me last night.

As another poster pointed out they are on sale with wiggle for €140 and free shipping. If anyone is that disappointed then for an extra €30 you can have one from them.

Nothing like the smell of hysteria on a Thurs morning though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Still some garmins in Coolock. Got the bibs, performance jacket, lower end jacket , lower end Jersey, gloves and lights.All mostly going to be used for commuting. The performance jacket looks good so might take that out on longer spins.

The bib tights surprisingly were quite snug despite my height and small waist size. There is a slight gathering around the knees and shoulder straps a tad tight. I'll try them on again later tonight and if not happy will return.

Advertisement