Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Cycling offers Thursday 24 Sept

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

hopefully you kept the receipt, in which case their after sales policy will sort you out....

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    hopefully you kept the receipt, in which case their after sales policy will sort you out....

Aye, they'll take it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Wont even need the receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

oceanclub wrote: »
    My rear "premium" light has already stopped working. Shows a charge light fine but won't switch on. Not too impressed...

P.

Did it get wet? I know that a bit of water shouldn't do it any harm but just wondered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Thats a pity,very bright light when its working correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Did it get wet? I know that a bit of water shouldn't do it any harm but just wondered.

Not that I recall; was working fine and hadn't been cycling in rain lately. No idea what happened. They said to pop back into store with even credit card bill if I had no receipt.

P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

It could be 4 hours to be honest. I just know that after 3 I recharge. And mine are well used, so maybe you guys will get 6 hours +.

Even at 3 hours flashing, its not bad for a tiny, USB rechargable light. Good buy for 10.

Can anyone remind me how to put these Aldi USB lights into flashing mode. I can switch between power/light levels by pushing the power button, but I can't recall how to flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭dots104

RainyDay wrote: »
    Can anyone remind me how to put these Aldi USB lights into flashing mode. I can switch between power/light levels by pushing the power button, but I can't recall how to flash.

When the unit it off hold down the power button until it turns on. This will change the mode from what it was on previously. Press the power button again (while on) to change the frequency of the flash

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

When it's on, give it a quick double tap (press) and it will switch between modes (constant / flash)

A bit off topic, but I am not a fan of flashing lights myself, particularly on the front. I think they pose more of a nuisance for other road users than the benefit of saving battery is worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    When it's on, give it a quick double tap (press) and it will switch between modes (constant / flash)

That's how the Moon Crescent lights work, alright, and these look like copies of the Moon Crescents.
    A bit off topic, but I am not a fan of flashing lights myself, particularly on the front. I think they pose more of a nuisance for other road users than the benefit of saving battery is worth.

Yeah, I use Moon Crescents as wrist lights, and I was using them in flashing mode to extend the battery life, but the flashing is so wearing on my eyes that I now put them in constant mode.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

Flashing for the rear, constant for the front. But that's just my preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,284 ✭✭✭Macy0161

2 at the front, one constant one flashing, 2 at the back, one constant one flashing is what I go with.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭otterj

Is there any waterproof pants available in any of the Dublin stores?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭listermint

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭Fian

I think constant just won't be seen in a street lit urban context. Flashing are far more likely to be noticed and to be identified as a bicycle. That is a bigger benefit for me than the battery saving.

If i were on rural roads i would probably use the constant mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

I prefer very bright lights not to be on flash, as they're pretty conspicuous anyway, and distracting when flashing. Weaker lights are not so annoying/distracting when flashing, and could do with the extra conspicuity. My lights are all pretty bright, so they're all on constant.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

A question on the bike holder stand for folks who have them. Is it necessary to bolt it to the wall, or does it have enough strength to be left as is. I bought one in the last sale of stuff as I've moved into a rental apartment so can't be fixing it really, but it's still in the parents shed waiting to be brought over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

dots104 wrote: »
    When the unit it off hold down the power button until it turns on. This will change the mode from what it was on previously. Press the power button again (while on) to change the frequency of the flash

Beautiful, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wuzziwig

sullivlo wrote: »
    I bought them but brought them back. I wasn't comfortable in them - tight on my legs. But the pad was perfectly located.

I kept the tights in the end and find them great. I've done 80+km spins wearing them and the padding is very good. As good as the expensive Santini bib shorts I have. The crinkly windproof material on the legs took a bit of getting used to but I don't take any notice of it now. They are very warm though and the weather hasn't really needed such warm clothing so they get a little sweaty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Finally got a chance to give the Aldi performance jacket a try in the recent cold weather. Really surprised how well it performed in the -2 to 0 range. Wasn't sweaty at all and with a light Jersey underneath it was quite warm.
    Definitely not suitable for anything above 5c, its a pure cold winter jacket. Not as snug fitting as say my castelli or dhb gear but still happy with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

tomasrojo wrote: »
    I prefer very bright lights not to be on flash, as they're pretty conspicuous anyway, and distracting when flashing. Weaker lights are not so annoying/distracting when flashing, and could do with the extra conspicuity. My lights are all pretty bright, so they're all on constant.

This. On many an occasion a powerful flashing light on the bike in front of me has been more of a hazard to me than it was boon to them.

Advertisement