Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you queue?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I suggested a "fast/good queuer/packer card" before, so there would be a special line for people who have the card. You would build up points to gain entry and lose points if you if you take too long pricking about doing the whole "I am going to pack everything before I start counting out all my coins, find I don't have change and hand you a €200 note, then ask for more bags, then as for smokes, then pull out 6 months of coupons."

I am fairly good at packing efficiently & fast. In lidl staff are supposed to get bonuses or something based on speed of getting customers through. 2 people in my lidl are like machines, they know me by now and now I am fast and they are not overly worried about looking polite with me. i.e. in most shops they will not start scanning until the last person is gone.

In lidl these 2 people will scan my 10-15 items and hand them over the till one by one, a few times I have had all my stuff packed and paid for while the person before me is still at the register packing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Lidl queuing is a disgrace, at least in my local Lidl. They let the queues build up to 8 or more before anyone opens another till and all the while the customers at the back of the queue for the one open checkout are trying to guess which new till will open while trying to get as near to it as possible while remaining in the open checkout queue. Of course when a new checkout is open there is a rush to get to the front of the new queue. Great system some people get caught waiting for ages while one person can just sprint to the front of a new queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I queue with my cash in my hand and loyalty card ready to scan

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

The queues in Aldi and lidl really bug me when your in the queue and they open another till and people from the back of the queue rush over ahead of those from the front of the queue (who haven't reached the conveyor belt yet)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I am a ninja at the till in the supermarket. Debit card/ loyalty card in hand. Then pack everything at top speed. I think it comes from my mother being that woman who counts out her coppers into the hand of the person on the till :(.
    As someone else posted, a 10 items or less till would be great in Lidl. If I have a trolley full I'll always let someone behind with a couple of items go ahead. A way out of Lidl that doesn't involve going through a checkout would be great too. I've often gone in and not found what I wanted, and had to awkwardly excuse my way past a queue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement