Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 RWC coverage

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Tristram wrote: »
    TV3 player cuts out again. Bye bye Rugby World Cup.

It's awful. I was using it to watch the Japanese game and it kept stopping, the app had to be closed every time. When it stopped I'd try another device while it reloaded on the other. Same crap.

Dragged the laptop out and even then it wouldn't open most of the time. A shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,107 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Should check out Reddit for alternatives on the rugby forum, without getting into specifics. Some good quality out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

The ads aren't HD either right?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

laugh wrote: »
    The ads aren't HD either right?

The Specsavers "wiggle wiggle wiggle" one certainly isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Big Mal is a gent and a top bloke but he's putting me to sleep.

Jenno been the only interesting pundit so far.

Keith wood is too nice IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Mal used to be less serious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭noway12345

I find Jennings to be quite dull, also O'Kelly. I'm not looking for nonsense like Hook used to go on with but a bit of entertainment would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

I thought it was Malcolm O'Kelly but I wasn't really looking at them, just listening :o

If you were only listening how did you know he was very tall:D:D

Henwin wrote: »
    If you were only listening how did you know he was very tall:D:D

His voice sounded like it was far away?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,735 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I watched the France v Italy game on TV3 last night and I won't watch another game on it. Useless and the picture quality was woeful. TV3 skimping on HD for Saorview hopefully bites them as most people with only Saorview surely have FTA satellite too.
    You'd think RTE would have had this, ya know seeing as they get free money off everyone in the country.

TV3 had a massive debt written off by the tax payer so they got free money too but let's ignore that for some RTE bashing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

Its all too fake. It looks fake it sounds fake. I miss Tom,Brent,George and Conor.

I used to think it was hard to watch Sky but this is like something you would see in America.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 glasshopper

Its all too fake. It looks fake it sounds fake. I miss Tom,Brent,George and Conor.

I used to think it was hard to watch Sky but this is like something you would see in America.

yep. but with poor sound and picture. i've switched to itv (hd)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Have no TV so tried use the 3Player
    Absolute disaster, keeps freezing and I have to refresh which means have to sit through that fecking Guinness add for South African lad who used be in a gang a million fecking times..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

TV3 is awful. I'm watching it on ITV and skipping the studio stuff completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Geordan Murphy is the Michael Owen of Rugby Co-commentatoring...
    So monotone it is painful

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,009 ✭✭✭fitz

As a musician, the vocals in the "World in Union" clips they're using in ITV have been setting my teeth on edge. Painfully awful. Still, the ITV coverage has been marginally better than TV3. Really missing RTE tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

"Ok Matt what did you think of that game?"

"Very good performance but I felt.."

"Great thanks Matt now we'll go for a break"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Just getting to see my first match........turned on as the haka is starting.....and then after the first phrase........ADS???????? Jazuz!!! Now I know what ye were all on about! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Sun King

vienne86 wrote: »
    Just getting to see my first match........turned on as the haka is starting.....and then after the first phrase........ADS???????? Jazuz!!! Now I know what ye were all on about! :eek:

The all blacks had barely stood up straight from the Haka and they had cut to a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,337 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

vienne86 wrote: »

ITV did the same to be fair (ridiculous though)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I was flicking between the Rugby and football on saorview and the difference in the picture is just shocking.

Ads came on so switched back to RTÉ. After about 5 mins I switched back and ads are still on. is this the same ad break or another one, and I just happened to miss the 3 seconds of analysis?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

RTE just do rugby right...love their champions league lineup in the soccer too... TV3 is just terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Half time was 6 minutes of ads few minutes of analysis. 6 minutes of ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 jimmymcelroy

It's probably been asked already but can you get it itv on upc? Tv3 is just awful, so is Stuart Barnes

• Registered Users Posts: 81,891 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It's probably been asked already but can you get it itv on upc? Tv3 is just awful, so is Stuart Barnes

No you need a dish or if you have an aeriel you might get overspill from UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭maddness

Matt Cooper is just awful, he hasn't a breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

I've reached my limit of TV3. I just can't hack it anymore. It is abysmal.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I've reached my limit of TV3. I just can't hack it anymore. It is abysmal.

They keep repeating half time analysis at full time

Is there any real analysis happening? As in here's a bit of video we picked out and I've circled these guys and that kind of thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Do RTÉ even have a highlights program?!?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement