Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 RWC coverage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

BarryD wrote: »
    I'm curious if TV3 hopes to build viewership from the RWC exposure or just capitalise on advertising? I'd watch TV3 from time to time and you'd be used to the ads but today was far worse. It's a sure fire way to lose viewers, whatever about advertisers. Maybe they'll wise up and tone it down.

They have no ads during the play itself. So they go ad free for about 90 odd minutes including extra time. So they try to squeeze in as many ads as they can before the game, at half time and at the end and it seems like they're showing an endless amount of ads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭nehe milner skudder

this is a cluster****

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

irishfeen wrote: »
    For anyone sick of TV3 who has a sky box -

vetywz.png

I have a sky plus hd box, but can't change frequency?

The options in my add channels section are Frequency which can't be changed, polarisation, symbol rate, FEC, standard and modulation scheme

edit, ignore I figured it out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I feel like smashing Matt Coopers face and ripping his sarcastic little voice out at this stage.

Who thought
    "hey we need a rugby pundit"
    "oh wow lets get Matt Cooper"

Nobody ever that's who.

In his defence- he's not a pundit, he's an anchor

I feel like smashing Matt Coopers face and ripping his sarcastic little voice out at this stage.

Who thought
    "hey we need a rugby pundit"
    "oh wow lets get Matt Cooper"

Nobody ever that's who.

and when his phone rang, why did he not say, "lads i think you have the wrong bloke,I'm the current affairs chap from the radio"

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

efb wrote: »

An anchor really dragging the ship that is tv3.

an anchor alrite. anchoring this ****e to the bottom of the intellectual rugby deep end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

He's certainly weighting things down

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

This is what I use if 11.053 isn't working (probably depends on your location)

Frequency 11.097
    Polarisation: V
    Symbol Rate 23
    FEC 2/3
    Standard DVB-S2
    Modulation Scheme 8PSK

They should have used Daire O Briain

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

and when his phone rang, why did he not say, "lads i think you have the wrong bloke,I'm the current affairs chap from the radio"

" Not at all Matt!, you're rugby mastermind destined to be on TV with that face"

Bill O'Herlihy was a news broadcaster too

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

3e showing highlights of the Japan game now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Stheno wrote: »
    I have a sky plus hd box, but can't change frequency?

The options in my add channels section are Frequency which can't be changed, polarisation, symbol rate, FEC, standard and modulation scheme
    Are you hitting down arrow when you turn to "add channels"? ... it should simply be the left right arrow after that.. like this.. but use the frequencies you quoted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭noway12345

They should have used Daire O Briain

RTÉ.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

I have not watch tv3 but while itv is better the amount of breaks is an absolute joke.

Please let the BBC get the games next time.

I mean after the national automation and a break FFS:mad:

Are you hitting down arrow when you turn to "add channels"? ... it should simply be the left right arrow after that.. like this.. but use the frequencies you quoted.

Got it sorted thanks :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Just a reminder that ITV now also have the rights to some of the 6 Nations so we'll be deprived of choice again come February.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    I have not watch tv3 but while itv is better the amount of breaks is an absolute joke.

Please let the BBC get the games next time.

I mean after the national automation and a break FFS:mad:

BBC unlikely to with the Con government cutting back their funding

Just a reminder that ITV now also have the rights to some of the 6 Nations so we'll be deprived of choice again come February.
    No we won't BBCHD and ITVHD are FTA so are available to everyone with a FTA or Sky box.

• Advertisement

No we won't BBCHD and ITVHD are FTA so are available to everyone with a FTA or Sky box.

Not everyone has Sky though. Those of us stuck with TV3 now will also be stuck with RTÉ then. That said, RTÉ are preferable to TV3.

Not everyone has Sky though. Those of us stuck with TV3 now will also be stuck with RTÉ then. That said, RTÉ are preferable to TV3.
    Just get a cheep box and dish - you can do it very easily.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Folks, just a reminder that while you may criticise tv coverage, personal abuse of players, coaches, pundits, commentators etc. will not be tolerated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

RTE do build up, do half time and full time analysis (whether you enjoy it or not is another thing) and the ads arent infuriating.

I don't have sky... But I have a satellite and a tv with a HD satellite tuner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

They have no ads during the play itself. So they go ad free for about 90 odd minutes including extra time. So they try to squeeze in as many ads as they can before the game, at half time and at the end and it seems like they're showing an endless amount of ads.

True and you'd be prepared for a few extra ads but they're milking it for all it's worth - you get the idea that the game is almost secondary. Bad move to alienate viewers.

Just get a cheep box and dish - you can do it very easily.

UPC is fine, it's just since UTV Ireland came to ruin our lives it's become an issue. Like I said I'm fine with RTÉ it's just annoying to not have a choice.

Zzippy wrote: »
    Folks, just a reminder that while you may criticise tv coverage, personal abuse of players, coaches, pundits, commentators etc. will not be tolerated

the punditry and coverage is so bad, you charter should be re-written to legislate for it :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

TV3 using the IRB World English Commentary feed I think.

This.

TV3 only have 1 commentary team at the World Cup, every other game they show is just the IRB English feed, available to all broadcasters that have paid up, most would usually have their own commentary team for every game, but TV3 only have yer man doing the Ireland & England* game so far, he's their only guy at the tournament,

(Notice how they never mention TV3 on these 'other games" , or there's no interaction with the studio, or when the do cut to the commentary team, we usually find them talking away about something totally different!)

*he probably only did the England game because it was the opening ceremony, he'll probably do the final as well.

TV3 are doing this on the ultra cheap, that's why the adds everywhere..

I watched the 2nd half of Ireland on a muted TV3 with the RTÉ radio commentary playing on my iPhone through a Bluetooth speaker beside my tv.
    (Picture was a few seconds early so I paused it and had them both synced perfectly). After 5 minutes I felt like I was watching on RTÉ.

There aren't many pundits out there as good as Donal Lenihan,

I'll be watching all the games on TV3 HD, using the rte radio for the Irish games, and just use the 'TV3' IRB feed for the other games, because the ITV commentary is awful as well!!

Just no quality studio time with detailed analysis.
    "
    Right guys, can we beat this team?

Right after the break.
    "

• Advertisement

Who watches analysts? I watch the game and highlights of important events. Analysts do nothing for me

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement