Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon Sun & Moon rumours and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Team Skull has to have taken some inspiration from Shia Le Beoufs "Just do it"

I think they're hilarious

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

One of the events in the demo was today, I went into the demo to check it out. Thought it'd be getting more items to send to the main game, it was just a lady swooning over a Machamp!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

Angron wrote: »
    One of the events in the demo was today, I went into the demo to check it out. Thought it'd be getting more items to send to the main game, it was just a lady swooning over a Machamp!

Yeah same as, 1st thing this morning I went on hoping for something good (coz I missed the 1st one!), to be fair that Machamp was a ride!! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I saw on a few Youtube videos that the base stats have been leaked from the game and a lot of people are disappointed. Apparently there's not a lot of speed.

Hopefully the fears prove overblown. I'm still very excited about this game.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement

I saw on a few Youtube videos that the base stats have been leaked from the game and a lot of people are disappointed. Apparently there's not a lot of speed.

Hopefully the fears prove overblown. I'm still very excited about this game.
    Full playable copies of both games have leaked. Speed is down on starters but from the bit I've played the whole game seems much more fleshed out than previous iteration's

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Out today everywhere except Europe, only realised that on Monday :rolleyes:

Meant to be on switch next year too.

Seems to be reviewing well

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Colham

This weekend is going to feel so long!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭beaner09

Pre ordered from Smyths, had the day off, planning to play it all day without leaving my house.

2 o clock and my game hadn't arrived, tweeted them and they said the bar code fell off my order and a replacement was being sent.

What a joke, cancelling my order and buying elsewhere, another few days wait for me to play! :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Mine got posted there a few days ago from amazon. But ASENDIA is posting it so that basically means i am never getting the game as the last 4 games i ordered that was posted via ASENDIA never came. Great i am thinking of buying one in town this evening as i know it wont come :/.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Mine got posted there a few days ago from amazon. But ASENDIA is posting it so that basically means i am never getting the game as the last 4 games i ordered that was posted via ASENDIA never came. Great i am thinking of buying one in town this evening as i know it wont come :/.
    Amazon only shipped my order today, I pre-ordered months ago :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Only realised today it was out. Downloading now.

Got my living Pokedex about 55% completed last generation, so hopefully this is the game that will see it done :D

I got it today in GameStop having pre-ordered it. I was told I was right to do so as demand was big. Dunno if I was told a porky about that or not...

Gonna get stuck into it after I watch the football tonight.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

I'm getting Pokémon Moon off Santa (just like every other normal 27 year old! :p ) So I'm gonna try and hold off reading too many spoilers between now and Christmas morning. The wait for Christmas is gonna be as long and tough as it was when I was a kid.......

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'm getting Pokémon Moon off Santa (just like every other normal 27 year old! :p ) So I'm gonna try and hold off reading too many spoilers between now and Christmas morning. The wait for Christmas is gonna be as long and tough as it was when I was a kid.......

Stop I'm the same! I usually import from day one but this year I'm playing the waiting game because my roommate is getting me either sun or moon!

MFW the very first wild Pokemon I encounter is a Pichu

385.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Just about to start my fourth trial and I have only one issue with the game so far. Spoilers coming if you didn't play the demo or haven't gotten very far into it yet.

I hate this call an ally thing wild Pokémon can do now. It makes sense for the Totum Pokémon but now every wild Pokémon can do it. If they could do it once per battle, it would be fine, but it's infinite. I got stuck in a loop with a Psyduck earlier who apparently has a lot of friends. Hold Back got him down to 1HP. Called an ally. Chip Away one shots the ally. The original uses an attack, then calls another ally. Chip Away one shots the ally. The original uses an attack and calls another ally. This went for 11 turns before he ran out of friends to help him and I could finally throw a Pokéball.

Otherwise I like almost all the new features. The apparent removal of HM's is long overdue even if Surf was a good attack. The ability to choose if the newly caught Pokémon (or egg) goes to your PC or your party is great. Showing the Pokédex after an evolution is something they should have included years ago. Rotom seems a bit pointless but it isn't a negative in any way. Healing status conditions without items is very handy. Calling ally's too often is my only complaint thus far.

Glad I decided to pick Popplio in the end. He's adorable in Refresh.

I had return to Arkham preordered. Was shipped by ASENDIA. Got a refund the other day because it still hasn't arrived over a month later. Make sure you email their customer service with any orders you never got. They refunded me without a single question. I had Sun preordered also but cancelled it and put in a new order with GameStop instead. Got it yesterday about 11am. More expensive but Amazon isn't worth the risk now that they are using ASENDIA more and more. I'd rather pay the extra now and firstly actually get my order, and secondly get it either on release day or the next day.

Is there some carry over or reward for previous games?

Just hit the first Pokemart, and have 35,000 coins to spend :S

• Registered Users Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Just my luck, my delivery's been assigned to Assendia. Well, at least I have an Alpha Sapphire that needs finishing.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Is there some carry over or reward for previous games?

Just hit the first Pokemart, and have 35,000 coins to spend :S
    Yeah, I thought it was unusual to have that much. I remember the games used to just give you 3000 to start with.

Anyway, my impressions:

I'm loving the games. The death of HMs is welcome, though I kinda wish I could zoom around on Charizard like I could Latios/Latias in ORAS. The trials are a pretty decent change from the gym system (not that I disliked that before). I like the new forms for the originals, and the new pokemon are interesting enough that I still haven't fully settled on my main team. The call for help system is an interesting mechanic, I just wish it was limited because having it happen several turns in a row is extremely tedious.

Finished 4 trials, my team is currently Torracat, Charjabug, Crabrawler, Lycanroc (Midnight), Mudsdale, and Marowak. I may replace either Lycanroc or Mudsdale, because a weakness to water is kinda hammering me right now.

• Advertisement

Anyone see any shinies yet? I've had no luck so far. Been having a lot of battles in this game too because I hate fleeing from battles and these things keep calling allies. As a result, my team is way too strong for the AI opposition. :pac:

Quite liking the soundtrack of this game so far. I'm currently at that ranch place.

I wasn't aware Butterfree was in this game (one of my favourites) so it was a pleasant suprise to run into a Metapod which I've since evolved.

In previous games, there was a thing that let you see if you had caught all of the available Pokemon in a specific area. Is there anything like that in this one? :(
    I wasn't aware Butterfree was in this game (one of my favourites) so it was a pleasant suprise to run into a Metapod which I've since evolved.

Yeah, I was the same with Ghastly & Abra. Running the two of them in my team at the moment as a nostalgic nod back to the good old days :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

It doesn't have that no :( I liked that system too.

All the islands have specific pokedexs though so its a little narrowed down

Dropped Crabrawler and Charjabug, turns out the areas you have to get to evolve them aren't until late game so it's not worth carrying them along for me right now. Replaced Charjabug with a Raichu, and I've left the 5th slot open until I find something else that interest me. Was going to bring the sandcastle, but I already have enough water weaknesses.

The day care doesn't level up Pokemon anymore! My wallet is thankful :D

If anyone would like the Pokérus, I appear to have gotten it in my game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Im enjoying this so far but am I the only one who thinks there is just way too much talking/waffling going on? Every 2 minutes somebody wants to have a lengthy conversation with me and all I want to do is battle and level up my guys.

Give me a long road with 20 trainers in a row please like in the old days.

As a wrestling fan, it kinda bugs me that they called Incineroar's Z-Move Malicious Moonsault when it doesn't do a Moonsault for the move animation :pac:

Kirby wrote: »
    Im enjoying this so far but am I the only one who thinks there is just way too much talking/waffling going on? Every 2 minutes somebody wants to have a lengthy conversation with me and all I want to do is battle and level up my guys.

Give me a long road with 20 trainers in a row please like in the old days.

Yeah, it's waaaay more story oriented that previous games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I am still waiting for mine 7 days later. I have got others from amazon that where ordered after in the mean time .... I do wonder

Advertisement