Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon Sun & Moon rumours and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Currently trying to Shiny chain my first shiny. Trying for a shiny Magnemite currently 342 and counting...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Just finished the first trial and evolved my Abra. Kadabra has been nullified something fierce in this game. Doesn't learn any attack until level 21....I am glad I Googled that. Usually always use it but I'll change my party. Have a Growlithe, Pichu, Trumbeak, Butterfree & Dartrix, still undecided on this game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

ERG89 wrote: »
    Just finished the first trial and evolved my Abra. Kadabra has been nullified something fierce in this game. Doesn't learn any attack until level 21....I am glad I Googled that. Usually always use it but I'll change my party. Have a Growlithe, Pichu, Trumbeak, Butterfree & Dartrix, still undecided on this game though.

Dark types/moves are extremely common too now, but isn't there a TM it can learn, and it learns confusion at 16!

Currently on the 3rd island with Raichu, Decudieye, Growlithe, Gyarados (a magikarp called one in to help so I caught it :D) Le Toucannon and Mudsdale.

I'm enjoying but there's some annoy features. There's way too much dialogue/scenes, just let me play. Most trainers have only 1 pokemon. I hate the ride pokemon. I miss the HMs on your own pokemon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I don't really mind the Ride Pokemon, at least they free up some moves in my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Banjo wrote: »
    I have a box full of Littens if you want one. I got a ditto last night (for a female Litten, took a couple of days) so can breed Poplio. Hope to have a Rowlet this evening. Whaddya need?

(bearing in mind I'm on the second island, I'm not breeding for moves, specific natures or IVs yet)

Ending up getting one eventually. Would have thought offering Popplio for Litten would be quick enough but it took about a week. Rowlet took about an hour. I think Litten might have been the least picked starter. Started WonderTrading Cyndaquil once I got the Oval Charm and got a ton of Popplio and Rowlet but not a single Litten. I assumed Litten would have been the most popular choice.
    I finally won one you get two battle points, hardly seems worth the effort.

You get more for winning the higher levels but it requires a lot of luck. I started one with Primarina. My opponents were Mega-Venasaur, Vikavolt and Blissey. All three targeted me first turn.

The Battle Tree is much better. 1 point per victory and 20 if you beat it for a total of 40 in probably an hour. Took a few failed attempts and swapping of party members before I got it and beat it with Primarina, Snorlax and Kartana. A Ferrotorn gave me a world a trouble on one of my failed attempts. I was doing hardly any damage while he had Leftovers and Ingrain getting back 95% of the damage I was doing no matter what move I hit. During my successful run, I almost threw the 3DS across the room thanks to a Thunder Wave/Roost spamming Dragonite. He used all ten Roost's before I could beat him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I was chaining for an Eevee with the Hidden Ability Anticipation but got a nice surprise when a shiny Eevee appeared. I caught it and it looks like it could work in competitive battles. It's got 4 IVs and while it doesn't have perfect HP, it does say it's 'fantastic' which I believe is the next best thing. The downside is it's Jolly nature which isn't ideal, and also it doesn't have the hidden ability.

Still, I reckon I will try it out in a few online battles. I'm thinking for Jolly nature that Leafeon would be my best bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,095 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Gonna go on an egg hunt for white Litten tonight have a late start tomorrow so I think a run of 30 eggs is worth a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Some people are just insane. A lad on twitch was soft resetting the start of the game over and over for a Shiny Rowlett. Thats 1 in 4000 chance. Over 80 hours he was doing it. He finally got it on attempt number 1775 and I was watching the stream at the time. People kept telling him to just breed for it but he wouldn't listen. Real OCD stuff. Comittment too.....but mostly OCD.

If committed to the OCD theory you need to say OCD three times otherwise it's not OCD but merely a tick...

Finished the elite 4 last night the end scene is ridiculously long my 3ds went dead so two hours of training and battle with the elite 4 wasted. Damn New 3ds Xl battery goes fast when flashing red.

Any news on when the Pokebank are releasing an update?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Any news on when the Pokebank are releasing an update?

I recall seeing the end of this month was when it's due

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Heard pokebank is coming?

Heard pokebank is coming?

Think it's coming out towards the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Isn't there a new online battle competition this month that allows Bank Pokemon? Presumably we'll get bank before it starts.
    Edit: Alola Friendly starts on 27th and is Alola pokedex only but I was sure there was another one that allows 1 Legendary per team.

Edit: Edit: http://www.serebii.net/news/2017/10-January-2017.shtml
    Pokémon Sun & Moon - Special Battle Season 2

The Special Battle rules for Season 2 have been revealed. Season 2 will run from January 17th 2017 to March 19th 2017 and runs on Sun & Moon. This ruleset alters things to allow for the inclusion of Pokémon through the National Pokédex after the release of Bank later this month The base rules for this season are as follows:
    Battle type: Single Battle
    Pokémon Restrictions: National Pokédex.
    Banned Pokémon: Only 1 of the following can be used per team Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma, Magearna
    The other standard rules apply, including all set to Level 50 if above that, and you choose 3 Pokémon out of your 6, and you cannot have two Pokémon holding the same hold item.
    Edit @ 13:28: In addition to these Special Battle rules, Single Battle and Double Battle on Rating Battle on Battle Spot will be updated to allow National Pokédex with the usual Pokémon restrictions banning the usual Legendary & Mythical Pokémon. This will also allow for use of Pokémon from Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire but no mention of any Pokémon obtained through Poké Transporter, blocking Pokémon from the Virtual Console games and Generation V and before games from being use

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Spoilers ahead if you haven't finished the game yet.

What are people expecting for the next game? The pattern suggests a remake but of what? FRLG came next but is already a remake so I was expecting them to skip it, especially with RBY available on the virtual console. But SUMO had a LOT of Kanto references in it and even had Lillie literally going to Kanto near the end. The main character came from Kanto, all Alonan forms are of Kanto Pokémon, Bill is mentioned, Nugget Bridge is in it, Charizard as the only ride Pokémon not in the game. Seemed to be a lot for it not to be hinting at FRLG being next. I only noticed a couple of Johto and Kalos references with very few for the other regions, especially Sinnoh which is the other option for a remake.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'd like a remake of gen 4. It gets a fair bit of flak, with a lot of people calling it the "worst" gen, but I enjoyed the games.

A remake of a remake would be a bit odd, but isn't something I'd necessarily rule out. Heck, the popularity of Go could even be incentive to do Gen 1 again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I definitely think the next game will involve kanto. There were a load of references in sun/moon. Not recessarily a remake but perhaps the ability to go to kanto, like in gold/silver.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

They're definitely going to revisit Kanto at some point, it feels like. It'd sell like hot cakes as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭beaner09

It will be a D/P remake I think - the nods to Gen1 where in X/Y too, not just SUMO, they just do that so the "genwunners" don't get put off by all the new stuff (I think they learned from there mistake with B/W having no old gen Pokémon during the main story and people were put off by those games!)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

We're going to be stuck into a Remake/New Release cycle forever now aren't we?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Does that mean the rumours about a current-gen Switch release (Stars / Eclipse) have been quashed? They could always round the series out with a kind of Greatest Hits epic journey through the regions on the hybrid, with an online arena a la colosseum / battle revolution....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I reckon they are waiting to reveal it until Sun & Moon has been on sale 6 months or so. It makes sense to maximise the sales. Those games seems to be pushing the 3DS beyond its limits. Eventually they should remake Red/Blue/Yellow for a home console though maybe for its 25th anniversary or something.
    Oh my do I feel old writing that.

Kanto is over-rated Johto is my favorite region

• Registered Users Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

ERG89 wrote: »
    I reckon they are waiting to reveal it until Sun & Moon has been on sale 6 months or so. It makes sense to maximise the sales. Those games seems to be pushing the 3DS beyond its limits. Eventually they should remake Red/Blue/Yellow for a home console though maybe for its 25th anniversary or something.
    Oh my do I feel old writing that.
    Agreed, I've noticed the frame rate dropping to the 20-25fps range during battles in Sun & Moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Kanto is over-rated Johto is my favorite region

The remake did so much more justice to it than its original outing. The limitations felt like original Johto was squished down to accommodate a hollowed out Kanto, and I was like "what was the point, then, really?" Then the remake came along and it was all "ah, that's nice."

A red blue green yellow remake/revisit with the full pokedex spread across all four titles would be interesting, charmander, squirtle, bulbasaur, pikachu on the covers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Poke Bank has been released now for Sun/Moon. You get a free Mewmium Z Crystal for using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Mew's obtained in RBY using the mew glitch can't be transferred :(

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭beaner09

Mew's obtained in RBY using the mew glitch can't be transferred :(

You can only transfer legit Mew got from under the truck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Getting a transferable Mew is a snap!

Specifically a snap in your thoracolumbar region in terms of pain and recovery time.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/5q4meg/how_to_trick_pokebank_into_thinking_your_gen_1/

God speed anyone who has the time, patience and nerve.

Advertisement