Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon Sun & Moon rumours and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭beaner09

long_b wrote: »
    Pokemon sun seems to be out of stock in Argos and Smyths?
    It's 55 in Gamestop
    Where's the cheapest bricks and mortar shop to buy it?

Argos when it's in stock.

(Since buying a PS4 a couple of months ago I've noticed that Argos is always cheaper for games)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Argos and Smyths will usually be cheaper, but GameStop will nearly always have it in stock or will be getting another batch in the near future.

Is their something up with the GTS? In X,Y, AS and OR I never had any issue getting Pokémon that I needed but now I can't even get the other starters. My Deposited trades never go through (even at starter for starter) while all the Seek trades are looking for legendaries or Type: Null.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Argos and Smyths will usually be cheaper, but GameStop will nearly always have it in stock or will be getting another batch in the near future.

Is their something up with the GTS? In X,Y, AS and OR I never had any issue getting Pokémon that I needed but now I can't even get the other starters. My Deposited trades never go through (even at starter for starter) while all the Seek trades are looking for legendaries or Type: Null.

I had the same issue with getting the starters, I ended up getting a Primarina before a Poplio! :-/

It's like people haven't figured out breeding as I'd assumed that there would be loads of starter 4 starter trades. My Rowlet eventually went for a Litten after 4 days being on the GTS!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,094 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I have the three starters for trade got them through wonder trade and a ditto.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Breener122

The GTS is a joke i don't even bother with it. All i see on there is requests for level 91-100 legendaries and unobtainable Pokémon like Kingdra even when searching for basic mons! Tssk. How many hours have you all put into your saves? Im on 122 hours now but ive barely touched it in over a week, definitely entering Pokémon fatigue!

• Advertisement

The requests are silly, everyone wants Cosmog, I caught two ditto and have been breeding one of them with all the randoms I got through wonder trade haven't been able to get anything through gts not even a pikachu. It will be a week or so before anyone getting it on Sunday is at the level or stage for trading so hopefully there will be more up soon enough.

Weirdest ones I have to trade myself are Tepig and Dratini. You can catch Ditto up near the observatory, they're rare encounters.

72 hours in now am still on third island

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I think I'm around 100 hour mark now. Working on finishing the pokedex and then maybe start breeding to make a team for Battle Tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The requests are silly, everyone wants Cosmog.

It's like adverts so. Swap your copy of Sun for a copy of Pokemon red (battery needs replacing) with no box.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    ... but now I can't even get the other starters.

I have a box full of Littens if you want one. I got a ditto last night (for a female Litten, took a couple of days) so can breed Poplio. Hope to have a Rowlet this evening. Whaddya need?

(bearing in mind I'm on the second island, I'm not breeding for moves, specific natures or IVs yet)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Currently at 224 Pokemon caught with 74% of the Dex completed gonna try my best to get it neat completion before the Pokebank comes into play.

Favourite Pokemon so far? Has to be Tapu Koko for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm just waiting for the bank to open before I play it again. Going to try a red/blue no evolution run. Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Pikachu, Magikarp, and maybe something else cool but bad. Not evolve any of them and see how far I can get. :D

Need the bank first though so I can import them from ORAS or X/Y.

I'm open to suggestions on what my 6th could be. Any idea? As long as its from the original 151. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Kirby wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for the bank to open before I play it again. Going to try a red/blue no evolution run. Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Pikachu, Magikarp, and maybe something else cool but bad. Not evolve any of them and see how far I can get. :D

Metapod, catch it in viridian forest, technically never evolved it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Metapod, catch it in viridian forest, technically never evolved it

Ah yes. The might Metapod. The elite 4 will be no match for Harden spam! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

I'm stuck I need to get on 2nd island I've been on it but I lost all my Pokemons hp and I went to the Pokémon centre on 1st island. Thanks

I'm stuck I need to get on 2nd island I've been on it but I lost all my Pokemons hp and I went to the Pokémon centre on 1st island. Thanks

Can you not get the ferry?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

mcgovern wrote: »
    Can you not get the ferry?

I got the ferry the first time but now it's not working

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I managed to get three shinies the last few days. I got a shiny Ditto while chaining for a 4 IV one, and I got a shiny Grimer while chaining for the Black Sludge item. I also managed to hatch a shiny Litwick. Sadly they don't have great IVs so I won't be using them competitively.

The system of getting BP is a pain. That Battle Royal is rigged, I swear. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I got the ferry the first time but now it's not working

Charizard fly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I managed to get three shinies the last few days. I got a shiny Ditto while chaining for a 4 IV one, and I got a shiny Grimer while chaining for the Black Sludge item. I also managed to hatch a shiny Litwick. Sadly they don't have great IVs so I won't be using them competitively.

They've been rigged for years, loads of stories online of people getting hit with 3x Quick Claw Sheer Cold on the bounce

I finally won one you get two battle points, hardly seems worth the effort.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Al
    Redzer7 wrote: »
    Favourite Pokemon so far? Has to be Tapu Koko for me.
    Either Incineroar or Tapu Bulu I think.

Also yeah, the new Battle Tree is extremely annoying to grind out points.

I spent ages trying to breed a Drampa with the right nature, must have filled 3 boxes. Got 2 shines from it though! First one was at the start and doesn't have great IVs, second one has 5 perfect IVs but not the way I would like them.

First shiny pokemon from an egg, sandy colour Drampa.

Found this link on gamefaqs.com for anyone looking to do the island scan.

Every QR code shiny and non shiny version is included.

https://m.imgur.com/a/EFOqs

Completed the Alola Dex, the last Pokémon I got was...... Vanilluxe!

beaner09 wrote: »

Ha he was one of my last to get aswel! Think slowking was the last. Really hope they bring out a national dex when they release the Pokemon Bank update, I highly doubt it though. Running out of things to do now at this stage.

• Advertisement

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Ha he was one of my last to get aswel! Think slowking was the last. Really hope they bring out a national dex when they release the Pokemon Bank update, I highly doubt it though. Running out of things to do now at this stage.

News articles are saying the National Dex will be coming with the Bank update... so it'll take me a few minutes to get it completed thanks to my living dex!

Advertisement