Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon Sun & Moon rumours and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭beaner09

Mega Evolution Bracelet/Stones will probably be available in the post game!

I'm guessing the Synchronisation thing will be announced soon, not really looking forward to it. The Pokemon announced so far have been mostly good, liking all the new abilities!

I find it funny how people who haven't played the game in 20 years have such knowledge on how the newer Pokemon suck without playing the game.

And if they didn't have 700 Pokémon another group of people would complain that the game is stale, boring and they have no ideas! Ya can't please everyone so you may aswell please the people who actually buy your game rather than someone who bought it 20 years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

beaner09 wrote: »
    Mega Evolution Bracelet/Stones will probably be available in the post game!

I'm guessing the Synchronisation thing will be announced soon, not really looking forward to it. The Pokemon announced so far have been mostly good, liking all the new abilities!

I find it funny how people who haven't played the game in 20 years have such knowledge on how the newer Pokemon suck without playing the game.

And if they didn't have 700 Pokémon another group of people would complain that the game is stale, boring and they have no ideas! Ya can't please everyone so you may aswell please the people who actually buy your game rather than someone who bought it 20 years ago!

I like mega evolution - I want mega lapras and milotic!
    You can't keep everyone happy, this is the unfortunate backlash from people jumping onto the bandwagon, they think they know it all when the real fans who bought a game every year as it came out are left bemused at the noobs :pac:

May as well keep the real fans happy and focus on releasing more gens and more battle options! I want 6v6 battles!

I like mega evolution - I want mega lapras and milotic!
    You can't keep everyone happy, this is the unfortunate backlash from people jumping onto the bandwagon, they think they know it all when the real fans who bought a game every year as it came out are left bemused at the noobs :pac:

May as well keep the real fans happy and focus on releasing more gens and more battle options! I want 6v6 battles!

Yeah I like Megas (some could have been done a bit better but overall they're good), those 2 would be fine, my issue would be when/if they do it when a regular evolution would be better!

6v6 match making is desperately needed alright, can take so long to get a battle with passer bys and 3v3 isnt enough when you have so many Pokes to choose from!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

beaner09 wrote: »
    Yeah I like Megas (some could have been done a bit better but overall they're good), those 2 would be fine, my issue would be when/if they do it when a regular evolution would be better!

6v6 match making is desperately needed alright, can take so long to get a battle with passer bys and 3v3 isnt enough when you have so many Pokes to choose from!

I wish megas were like an "After" evolution evolution if you get me - charizard evolves to mega charizard when holding mega stone at level 65 for example ..

6v6 would be amazing especially against the token 6 magicarp guy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

One of the theories I've seen mentioned was that they'd introduce the Burst mechanic from one of the mangas. Thing is, I have no idea how the heck that would even work in the game, without completely reworking how the games work. I think it'd be a cool idea for a spin off series though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Some more new stuff. Really looking forward to flying on a Charizard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Bloom Doom might be my new favourite move name.

My biggest issue with the Megas is it has eliminated the possibility of certain Pokémon getting a regular evolution. Pinsir, Sableye etc. People make the arguement that Eviolite Sableye for example would be too overpowered. Simple solution is to leave out the Eviolite. Problem solved. At the end of the day, I'd rather more actual Pokémon over a gimmick evolution.

Really need to get back into playing to get me in the mood for November.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Angron wrote: »

This is the point where I feel like I'm turning into a genwunner - or rather a genfiver? - because everything was great before Gen 6 onwards started to really mess with things.

I'm glad what I thought would be a synergy evolution type thing is actually just 1 really strong attack!

I understand the Exeggcutor forme change but curious about the reasoning behind Ninetales/Sandslash.

Seems they might be moving away from traditional gyms, interesting move!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

This is exactly what I wanted from a new pokemon game. Like, almost to the letter. Serious change up to the structure, cool new pokemon, no more HM's. Happy as larry so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

I am so delighted that they're doing this. I felt like the games were becoming stale. They really needed a shake up and so far they're getting it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Ridley

Just be awkward and make an Alolan Eevee which can evolve into every type the regular one can't. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I'm a bit iffy on the "Alola Forms", to me it just seems like a way to bump up the amount of Pokemon without having to come up with new ones. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

I'm a bit iffy on the "Alola Forms", to me it just seems like a way to bump up the amount of Pokemon without having to come up with new ones. :pac:

That was my initial reaction until I saw that Nintales <3 I wonder how the Vulpix will be evolving, hardly a fire stone.

Thankfully no new Megas announced. We don't need another Mega Kang, Mawile, Blaziken or Mence fascio again.

Would be nice if the Pokémon reclassed as Fairy types were retconned as region variants. Like a Kalosian Clefairy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Dunno, I really like the Alolan forms. Makes sense that Pokemon in different regions would evolve and develop differently. I'd rather that over another 100 or so new pokemon. Like, with over 700 as it is, do we really need new ones every game? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Just started Pokemon Yellow again the remastered version just so I can catch some of the Pokemon and bring them to Gen 7 with me, looking forward to it :-)

Anyone else gonna do the same? I'll complete the game first of course.

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Just started Pokemon Yellow again the remastered version just so I can catch some of the Pokemon and bring them to Gen 7 with me, looking forward to it :-)

Anyone else gonna do the same? I'll complete the game first of course.

I bought Yellow in that sale the other week. Attempting a Nuzlocke with the idea of sending stuff over to Moon eventually.

If possible, I might get Sun as well so I can play through that with Mimikyu as a 'starter'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Wing126 wrote: »
    Dunno, I really like the Alolan forms. Makes sense that Pokemon in different regions would evolve and develop differently. I'd rather that over another 100 or so new pokemon. Like, with over 700 as it is, do we really need new ones every game? :pac:
    +1 I wished they did that sooner, I was just talking about it at the weekend

Alolan Marowak and Meowth announced.

Marowak looks ****in' badass...

Also a couple new pokemon shown off including a Sand Castle pokemon...

corocoro9165.jpg

corocoro9161.jpg

corocoro9164.jpg

imgcorocoro9162.jpg

• Advertisement

Hahaha! It's a surfing Raichu!

Does anyone have a spare Arceus code?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

joe123 wrote: »
    Are the proper Pokemon going to be in this? The likes of Charmander and Geodude and the likes? Those new ones look daft.

Last Pokemon game I played of the main ones was Pokemon blue so maybe time hasn't been kind to the game?

I was a bit like that when I started watching the xyz series.
    "wtf is that yoke. Look at the state of it. what happened to the originals"
    I'm afraid to pick up the latest pokemon games now :pac:

bluewolf wrote: »
    joe123 wrote: »
    Are the proper Pokemon going to be in this? The likes of Charmander and Geodude and the likes? Those new ones look daft.

Last Pokemon game I played of the main ones was Pokemon blue so maybe time hasn't been kind to the game?

I was a bit like that when I started watching the xyz series.
    "wtf is that yoke. Look at the state of it. what happened to the originals"
    I'm afraid to pick up the latest pokemon games now :pac:

I started with gen 1 played until gen 3 and skipped until gen 6. In my own experience all of that feeling is just nostalgia. Pokemon main games are actually playable now. With physical/special split, simplified breeding and training and the overall flow of the game is so much smoother than the original clunky games.

Also some original pokes have rubbish designs too;

Duck with leek
    Haunted pokeball
    Upside down haunted pokeball
    Some eggs

:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Not G.R wrote: »
    I started with gen 1 played until gen 3 and skipped until gen 6. In my own experience all of that feeling is just nostalgia. Pokemon main games are actually playable now. With physical/special split, simplified breeding and training and the overall flow of the game is so much smoother than the original clunky games.

Duck with leek
    Haunted pokeball
    Some eggs

Omg farfetch'd was just the cutest little thing
    Ah yeah it's pure nostalgia, they're not objectively better or worse than the originals from what I've seen sure

bluewolf wrote: »

Duck with leek
    Haunted pokeball
    Some eggs

Omg farfetch'd was just the cutest little thing
    Ah yeah it's pure nostalgia, they're not objectively better or worse than the originals from what I've seen sure

Just as a follow on; I actually hate every single new Pokemon shown so far bar Mimiku and the Alolan Ninetales :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Just as a follow on; I actually hate every single new Pokemon shown so far bar Mimiku and the Alolan Ninetales :pac: :pac:

I'm actually prepared to fight you over Pikipeks honour

Advertisement