Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon Sun & Moon rumours and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I am still waiting for mine 7 days later. I have got others from amazon that where ordered after in the mean time .... I do wonder

Mine just arrived yesterday, pre-ordered 2 months ago. 2 other copies that we ordered at the weekend arrived at the same time.
    My tracking didn't update either from Wednesday until it was delivered on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

mcgovern wrote: »
    Mine just arrived yesterday, pre-ordered 2 months ago. 2 other copies that we ordered at the weekend arrived at the same time.
    My tracking didn't update either from Wednesday until it was delivered on Monday.

Nuts isn't it ?. Today is my last due day if its not here by 12pm it is lost me thinks. As my Bioshock, Forza and Gears 4 went missing ..... All using you know ASENDIA ............ All had to have another copy sent out.

When Amazon use An Post properly or DHL or UPS the stuff comes early ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

There's a package for me in the post room at work since last night. could be Pokemon Moon steel book. Could be a Furby. Oh god I hope it's not a fecking furby....

Edit : I think it was both. I have mixed emotions. Now if you'll excuse me I have to buy this Moon steelbook a bacardi breezer and see if I can get the shift, it's beeeeeeautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Thats what you continually make new amazon prime accounts for.

Thats what you continually make new amazon prime accounts for.

Wish it was that easy for me i get 20% off orders so i wont get that with new account all the time ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Shooby

For those that have played, how would you say this ranks next to previous games, particularly X/Y? Considering a purchase but not sure.

Shooby wrote: »
    For those that have played, how would you say this ranks next to previous games, particularly X/Y? Considering a purchase but not sure.

I have played about 3 hours so far.

Its quite a big change i am finding it form Pokemon X. At the base its still pokemon but it fells very different from pokemon X. It fells more like a proper RPG then before. There a lot more talking i mean a lot more talking.

I am shocked at the size of the game so far and i am still on the 1st island. It looks very good for a 3DS game as well.

I would say buy it if you like pokemon. As the end of the day a pokemon game is always fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Shooby

Cool, I will give it a shot then. Thanks for the reply!

Shooby wrote: »
    Cool, I will give it a shot then. Thanks for the reply!

I think it can be got for 35 euros of CD keys for a digital copy thats where i got mine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I've played 34 hours and think its pretty great.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Kinda disappointed at the Kommo-o line. They gave it a fighting typing, but then gave it no good fighting moves. That just turns the typing into a hindrance with the x4 fairy weakness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

I cannot beat Mimikyu for the life of me!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I've beaten the Elite 4 now, it was fairly easy. Finished up with a team of Incineroar, Raichu, Lycanroc, Kommo-o, Greninja, and Lunala. Now to start breeding stuff to make a run at the post-game areas :pac:

Angron wrote: »
    I've beaten the Elite 4 now, it was fairly easy. Finished up with a team of Incineroar, Raichu, Lycanroc, Kommo-o, Greninja, and Lunala. Now to start breeding stuff to make a run at the post-game areas :pac:

How did you manage to beat Mimikyu, any tips?

IIRC I paralyzed it using Raichu, and then kept hitting it with rock slides from Lycanroc. Got a fair bit of para-flinch hax.

Angron wrote: »
    IIRC I paralyzed it using Raichu, and then kept hitting it with rock slides from Lycanroc. Got a fair bit of para-flinch hax.

Just caught a Pichu, gonna get his friendship up and evolve it to Pikachu and then use the stone for Raichu, cheers man.

Absolutely annihilated Mimikyu with Skarmory!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Just hit the forth island. Running with Arcanine, Snorlax, Umbreon, Raichu and Decidueye. Had Alakazam in the party till Raichu got psychic. Snorlax survives cute of Hold Back, which makes him great for catching stuff.

Leaving the sixth slot free at the moment to help low levels grind out exp to level up, for the pokedex. Should probably look to add something properly ahead of the E4 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm at the elite 4 now.

In truth, I'm a little disappointed. Firstly, there is just way too much talking going on. Far too much waffle. The localization is the best it's ever been but the game is just obsessed with conversations.

Secondly, the game is too easy. I was told by early players that this was a much harder game, "blacked out for the first time in years!", and so on but I havent experienced that at all.

Haven't lost a single fight the entire game and there are still way too many trainers with only a single pokemon to fight with. Give them all 4 or 5 pokemon and suddenly it becomes more of a challenge surely?

My team isn't overlevelled and I'm using some objectively "weak" guys like Dugtrio but I've smashed everything anyway. The totem pokemon I guess are supposed to be challenging but you just Z move their weakness and they die so....I dunno.

I've played all the pokemon games and the only ones I ever lost a battle in were Black and White 2. This is much easier than that. There is a balance between easy mode hand holding and the super competitive IV pros you find in pvp. They need to find that balance.

I'm told post-game there is a battle place where you fight classic trainers from previous games so I'm hoping that provides a challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Colham

Kirby wrote: »
    I'm at the elite 4 now.

In truth, I'm a little disappointed. Firstly, there is just way too much talking going on. Far too much waffle. The localization is the best it's ever been but the game is just obsessed with conversations.

Secondly, the game is too easy. I was told by early players that this was a much harder game, "blacked out for the first time in years!", and so on but I havent experienced that at all.

Haven't lost a single fight the entire game and there are still way too many trainers with only a single pokemon to fight with. Give them all 4 or 5 pokemon and suddenly it becomes more of a challenge surely?

My team isn't overlevelled and I'm using some objectively "weak" guys like Dugtrio but I've smashed everything anyway. The totem pokemon I guess are supposed to be challenging but you just Z move their weakness and they die so....I dunno.

I've played all the pokemon games and the only ones I ever lost a battle in were Black and White 2. This is much easier than that. There is a balance between easy mode hand holding and the super competitive IV pros you find in pvp. They need to find that balance.

I'm told post-game there is a battle place where you fight classic trainers from previous games so I'm hoping that provides a challenge.

I've found it much more difficult, but I've also turned off the exp share occasionally throughout the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Colham wrote: »
    I've found it much more difficult, but I've also turned off the exp share occasionally throughout the game.

True but thats a self imposed artificial difficulty leveler. Like Nuzlocke's and the like. I do enjoy them and have frequently imposed restrictions to make things more challenging but the base game shouldnt be a cake walk.

There have been enough versions to not have to cater to 6 year olds who just spam tackle. Even create two difficulty levels maybe that you can choose from the start? I dunno. But there should be something.

Anyone able to trade me a Shroomish?

I found the main story very easy, but the post-game Battle Tree I'm finding more enjoyably tough. I think part of the toughness is I'm still not 100% on the stat distributions of the new pokemon, so I'm not 100% on what I should use to attack what just yet.

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Anyone able to trade me a Shroomish?
    Until Bank updates to let you used Sun and Moon with them, it's not possible to get one in the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Kirby wrote: »
    Firstly, there is just way too much talking going on. Far too much waffle. The localization is the best it's ever been but the game is just obsessed with conversations.

I have played about 4 hours but honestly I level up the pokémon I have no intention of keeping late game, I have to pass time in between all the talking. Haven't played it all week but last thing I did was finish the Training school which was full of NPC's covering old ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Have spent a few days breeding stuff now, stupidly used the QR code thingy and got a Totodile in an inaccessible area so that was dumb.

Can't breed Grininja which when I thought about it makes sense as its a special/event Pokemon.

Team Skull worst villains ever, Jessie and James killed a Marowak in Yellow Team Skull are Vanilla Ice wannabes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Anyone got a good method of leveling up? I've finished main game, caught all Tapu's and UB and now trying to complete the pokedex, it takes forever to level some of them up though.

I just got the Lucky Egg from the professor, and just ground out a few wins over the E4.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Bought a 2ds just to play this and I'm loving it so far!

Rowlet is so cute, I love the way he spins. Rash munchlax as a gift, what a scam :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭long_b

Pokemon sun seems to be out of stock in Argos and Smyths?
    It's 55 in Gamestop
    Where's the cheapest bricks and mortar shop to buy it?

Advertisement