Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stop, Search, Seize (Sky1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

He stopped me one day coming back from Turkey. An obnoxious person alright.

If he was decent he'd have stopped you going...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Just watched the first episode there on youtube. That fella Bruce is so confrontational.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Its not really freeman bolloxology to be fair. You're entitled to due process which you clearly don't get on the side of a road when they hold your property to ransom using fictional OMSP figures. I've no sympathy for the girl, she acted like an two year old but at the same time the VRT system stinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Bruce looked like Mr Bean there trying to track the alleged cigarette smugglers

You work 3 evenings from 5-12, that's a lot more than 20 hours...eh not really

I know my rights..my sister works in a solicitors office

I'd say the Brits are breaking their holes laughing at this

Bruce looked like Mr Bean there trying to track the alleged cigarette smugglers

You work 3 evenings from 5-12, that's a lot more than 20 hours...eh not really

I know my rights..my sister works in a solicitors office

I'd say the Brits are breaking their holes laughing at this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

He's like a dog with a bone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Compared to similar shows in other countries this is an embarrassment, especially the behavour of dublin airport staff, well, one member of staff. No prizes for guessing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

Has Bruce found anything on any of the people he has stopped ? And why does he always refer to the guards as "my colleagues " ... Has the head of a lad who wanted to be a cop when he grew up but was to short ...he does love his badge.:)

and a few cartons of fags and someone's fish supper which he described as "disgusting"

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Just got around to watching this. That auld queen Bruce is a right nasty piece of work!

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

I’m surprised that the whole of Ireland (and especially the women’s organisations) is not up in arms after last night’s episode. This bully hounded and humiliated that poor innocent woman just because she didn’t fall within the boundaries of his narrow-minded concept of how people should run their lives. Then, even when he found nothing, he had her strip-searched and, unless I heard incorrectly, had her body desecrated. Imagine how you’d feel walking out of an airport after that experience.

She should sue for harassment, bullying and abuse. I really am amazed that the Irish Authorities are standing by and doing nothing about this shocking treatment of visitors to their country and allowing it to be broadcast around Europe and maybe even beyond.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Chriscl1 wrote: »
    Just got around to watching this. That auld queen Bruce is a right nasty piece of work!

Is he both customs and immigration now? All he does is antagonise people.

Usually the best thing about these shows is trying to guess how much the drugs hauls are worth, much like guessing how much stuff is worth on the antiques road show. Again this week came up empty handed, a few cartons of fags and a spud gun.

You have to question whether Sky really had enough content for 20 episodes. I also condemn the behaviour of Bruce when compared to how the lady customs officer handled the Vietnamese guy, she got the same result ( albeit no result) without intimidation. Also I wonder can non English speakers even understand him, his Joe Duffyesque Dublinese must be a version of English they have not encountered before.

There will be 20 episodes? :eek:

Don't know how they plan on keeping people interested for 20 episodes. This week consisted of a Tobacco bust where nobody was even arrested, 2000 smokes taken off a guy, a Toy gun, Hair dye and more of Bruce's racial profiling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,332 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Also I wonder can non English speakers even understand him, his Joe Duffyesque Dublinese must be a version of English they have not encountered before.

Yeah lol, they should have subtitles for when he is speaking

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Mebuntu wrote: »
    I’m surprised that the whole of Ireland (and especially the women’s organisations) is not up in arms after last night’s episode. This bully hounded and humiliated that poor innocent woman just because she didn’t fall within the boundaries of his narrow-minded concept of how people should run their lives. Then, even when he found nothing, he had her strip-searched and, unless I heard incorrectly, had her body desecrated. Imagine how you’d feel walking out of an airport after that experience.

She should sue for harassment, bullying and abuse. I really am amazed that the Irish Authorities are standing by and doing nothing about this shocking treatment of visitors to their country and allowing it to be broadcast around Europe and maybe even beyond.

Get over yourself, I'd have insisted on a body scan for her, nothing added up.

Looking forward to see what Bruce has in store for us tonight.

10pm Sky one.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,667 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What I don't understand is why does Bruce have to show people his badge nearly every time to tell them he is a customs officer, surely nobody would mistake what he's wearing for a Halloween costume.

stop%20search%20sieze%202.jpg

He means business. The badge waving is to reinforce he almightiness.

Don't know how they plan on keeping people interested for 20 episodes. This week consisted of a Tobacco bust where nobody was even arrested, 2000 smokes taken off a guy, a Toy gun, Hair dye and more of Bruce's racial profiling.
    I watched an episode of Nothing to Declare UK yesterday, 20 odd mins and they had a lad with 41 bags of Coke ingested, 20 kilos of coke, a load of bars of hash and 8,000 smokes...am feeling very short changed by Stop, Search...Find Feck All

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

How many people stay watching just for the Bruce bit at the end? :)

I picture calls from sitting rooms around the country - "HURRY! THE BRUCE BIT IS ON... YOU'RE MISSING IT!"

M

"Stop calling me man", but he calls the passenger "buddy" the whole time.

Don't call me man, buddy.

His attitude is unreal.

• Advertisement
    M

The Dermot guy in Shannon Airport has a great approach with passengers, you could have 4 ton of cocaine on you that he finds and he would still be courteous to you, pure professional, no aggression.

Advertisement