Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stop, Search, Seize (Sky1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,667 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Go back a few episodes and watch Bruce do his bit for Irish-Chinese relations.

https://youtu.be/kXpn6z2s9ss?t=1989

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tinto_85

MotharAGad... Looks like he's trying to get a rise out of people.. Surely someone a few rungs above Bruce the martial artist Lee would have had a screening of this programme before it was broadcast on Sky..?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

http://youtu.be/4ERfuSd4L_4

There's another unfortunate Chinese man here @ 36:39 "Uno Momento"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I like the cork fella at the fella, had to laugh when passenger said you can make small hole in plywood of van, customs reply " I can make a big hole. Haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

Just an observation, having seen an episode of this show for the first time this evening.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but on the UK/Australian versions of this show, do they not open dodgy packages in rooms that resemble a controlled laboratory which are specially kitted out with large stainless steel worktops, sinks etc.?

I always thought the logical purpose of this was to control the unintentional release of unwanted foreign flora/fauna, and also, where drugs were involved, to protect the officers from hazardous chemical exposure.

My concern is that, in one scene officers were opening/handling/documenting various drugs at their workstations in an open plan office (AFAIR this was in Shannon), and in another, the ubiquitous officer in Dublin Airport was opening contraband food from a suitcase containing insects in what appeared to be an interview room.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

I can't believe the Bruce guy. He has zero skills at dealing with the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭6541

I liked the Bruce guy, more of a bumbling idiot. The show overall is an embarrassment. If these are the people protecting our borders god help us.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

VeVeX wrote: »
    I can't believe the Bruce guy. He has zero skills at dealing with the public.

Yeah he is very rude and not good at dealing with people. Can't understand how he is working in customs.

While it might not be a patch on some of the other custom shows, its all quite good. If the show got rid of bruce, it would be a lot better

Funny conversations on twitter, his daughter, trying to defend him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

I know two custom officers on this and they even said this show makes them look stupid. The lad that had green diesel in his van seem to be the only one that got a fine in the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Mc Love wrote: »
    Funny conversations on twitter, his daughter, trying to defend him

Link

I just caught up on last night's show, is it really appropriate for a government officer to call what is obviously a delicacy in another culture, "disgusting"? Wouldn't be a fan myself but sure you could say the same about black pudding and don't the Scandinavians bury fish for 6 months, dig it up and have for their dinner? Mank bags, but I'm not a government officer carrying out my duties

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Kenevil

I see customs officers don't even know the allowances. Where are they getting this 300 allowance for cigarettes within the EU from?

Allowances from new members are only 300

• Registered Users Posts: 17,332 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Why does he insist on showing his badge multiple times? It's pretty obvious he's not the airport cleaner.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

fritzelly wrote: »
    Why does he insist on showing his badge multiple times?
    Because he is a classic example of someone who gets handed a badge or a high-vis jacket and thinks and needs to show he's God. I am appalled that the Irish authorities have allowed this man to be highlighted on a TV series watched by millions of foreigners. On the evidence we have seen he is an embarrassment to the country and isn't even remotely as funny as he thinks he is. His rise-a-row approach is deliberately calculated to evoke a response from his victims ("amigos", "my friends") thus allowing him the opportunity to show off his badge and authority.

All of the other officials shown in action in this series are shining examples of how to go about their business. He is a classic example of someone who should never be handed a badge or a high-vis jacket.

Mebuntu wrote: »
    Because he is a classic example of someone who gets handed a badge or a high-vis jacket and thinks and needs to show he's God. I am appalled that the Irish authorities have allowed this man to be highlighted on a TV series watched by millions of foreigners. On the evidence we have seen he is an embarrassment to the country and isn't even remotely as funny as he thinks he is. His rise-a-row approach is deliberately calculated to evoke a response from his victims ("amigos", "my friends") thus allowing him the opportunity to show off his badge and authority.

All of the other officials shown in action in this series are shining examples of how to go about their business. He is a classic example of someone who should never be handed a badge or a high-vis jacket.

Well said. I am however looking forward to his shenanigans this evening.

• Advertisement

10pm Amigo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Jesus, just seize the bloody car :rolleyes:

M

I was thinking there for a minute that the tears would release it. €18k OMSP for that age BMW seems insane.

M

That lad going through dressed like LL Cool J was going to get stopped no matter what.

The person who didn't pay the vrt was a disgrace! She knew the risks and didn't pay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I'm watching it on +1.
    What's with Bruce? He's called no one "amigo" yet !

Mc Love wrote: »
    The person who didn't pay the vrt was a disgrace! She knew the risks and didn't pay!

She got her comeuppance in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Happy for her I work with a lad that has the same attitude as her. Would she have to pay the 1800 euro plus the full vrt within 7 days or is the 1800 taken off the vrt

Advertisement