Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Ye olden days? Aren't the poorest in Ireland still performing these bouts?
    The problem with that crowd is trying to diagnose whether the brain injury was acquired or inherent :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Melodeon wrote: »
    The problem with that crowd is trying to diagnose whether the brain injury was acquired or inherent :D

I know you were joking, but still have to say - Travellers don't have any lack of intelligence. There are some Travellers that are big trouble, but the people most troubled by them are other Travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Of course!
    I meant the crowd who participate in the sort of ridiculous 'calling out' nonsense so popularly posted on YouTube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Melodeon wrote: »
    Of course!
    I meant the crowd who participate in the sort of ridiculous 'calling out' nonsense so popularly posted on YouTube.

Body shot FTW

https://youtu.be/9yzxKAqA6uw

Commentary is priceless

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Just wondering, Am I winding up or just plain trolling.....

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,711 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

RobFowl wrote: »
    Winding up is trolling!!

(unless you are getting yourself wound up - that may be more akin to self-harm!!):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

I have found some circumferential play between the casette and freehub on about three gears (no.s 5,6,7 with 1 being the largest).

I can't see wear on the freehub splines or on the matching slots on the gears - it must be there of course. The cassette is otherwise fine?

Has anyone seen this? I'm assuming the cassette is for the recycle bin but just in case, are there any known fixes? It's a shimano 5700 cassette.

Ta

NMG

• Registered Users Posts: 11,746 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

The Program review: Stephen Frears’s Lance Armstrong film is dope, actually
    it grants you access to those moments that fact cannot. It lets you see what Armstrong so brilliantly hid: the injections and the back-stabs, the bullying and the blood bags, the creeping belief in his own lies. And it’s this rationalisation that somehow makes such a singular story relatable.
    http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/sep/13/the-program-review-stephen-frearss-lance-armstrong-film-is-dope-actually

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Just caught the trailer there, looks amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,143 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

A video from the Dash Cam thread on Motors shows a stretch of the M2 in Sydney. I didn't realise you could cycle on motorways in Australia, but there's a cycle lane running along side it (no hard shoulder). The junctions look horrible to negotiate.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

A video from the Dash Cam thread on Motors shows a stretch of the M2 in Sydney. I didn't realise you could cycle on motorways in Australia, but there's a cycle lane running along side it (no hard shoulder). The junctions look horrible to negotiate.

Probably there for the drivers' target practice considering the ill feeling that is there towards motorists and cyclists apparently.

It would be fascinating if those cycle lanes located on a motorway continued to exist after Sydney's popular (well, as popular as cycling gets in Australia) cycle lanes have been demolished.

http://www.theguardian.com/cities/2015/aug/25/sydney-australia-bike-lane-skeptic-cycling-duncan-gay-cycleways

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Or just being a wonker?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Couldn't cycle to work today, still exhausted from Saturday so I cycled to the gym for a swim. On the wah back I pegged it along the canal, I had two cyclists cycle by me in the opposite direction with red lights on the front and white on the back.... Am i missing something? Not 1 but 2

Then I slowed down to say hello to the swans and I hadn't realised there was a chap behind me, he was nearly choking with laughter I think when he heard me shout 'howya swans'

Couldn't cycle to work today, still exhausted from Saturday so I cycled to the gym for a swim. On the wah back I pegged it along the canal, I had two cyclists cycle by me in the opposite direction with red lights on the front and white on the back.... Am i missing something? Not 1 but 2

A few years ago I pulled out (on a bike) in front of an oncoming bike that had a red light at the front and, I subsequently noticed, a white light at the rear. Very uncharacteristic mistake for me to make, so I've assumed that the bike didn't register as oncoming because of the red light to the fore.

Great anger on the part of oncoming cyclist, even though I stopped in time, and no harm was done. I am genuinely puzzled why people in possession of both a white and a red light decide to put the red at the front and white at the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Lack of cyclist education. Just told a friend that having a white light in back and red in front risked cars misjudging their distance and she was shocked, shocked, I tell you.

tomasrojo wrote: »
    A few years ago I pulled out (on a bike) in front of an oncoming bike that had a red light at the front and, I subsequently noticed, a white light at the rear. Very uncharacteristic mistake for me to make, so I've assumed that the bike didn't register as oncoming because of the red light to the fore.

Great anger on the part of oncoming cyclist, even though I stopped in time, and no harm was done. I am genuinely puzzled why people in possession of both a white and a red light decide to put the red at the front and white at the back.

It was fairly dark along the towpath and tbh I have my front light pointed downward looking for objects that might inflict injury or pain. A red light flashing won't show up much

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Then I slowed down to say hello to the swans and I hadn't realised there was a chap behind me, he was nearly choking with laughter I think when he heard me shout 'howya swans'

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I have been known slow down for cute cats, foxes and a nice smell of flowers on my commute if I'm not late. It's the little things! Hate stopping/slowing when I'm out for a cycle though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

I say hello to dogs, deer, sheep and very occasionally other cyclists.

Once, on a lonely spin up to Sally Gap, I said hello to a Bumble Bee. Just as I did a bunch out for a spin came around the corner. :o

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

My Oh was cycling through Rathmines very early a couple of weeks ago making motorbike noises at every turn, she only realised she wasn't alone when the guy behind her couldn't contain his laughter any more and congratulated her on her realistic sound effects :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

gadetra wrote: »
    I'm glad I'm not the only one! I have been known slow down for cute cats, foxes and a nice smell of flowers on my commute if I'm not late. It's the little things! Hate stopping/slowing when I'm out for a cycle though.

Slowed down twice on the way home today, once for a fox and once for a hedgehog
    Love where I live :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,711 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Slowed down twice on the way home today, once for a fox and once for a hedgehog
    Love where I live :)
    betcha' glad the bcmf fella has disappeared off the face of the earth though .....:pac:

colm18 wrote: »
    My Oh was cycling through Rathmines very early a couple of weeks ago making motorbike noises at every turn, she only realised she wasn't alone when the guy behind her couldn't contain his laughter any more and congratulated her on her realistic sound effects :pac:

That is hilarious, I'm in my 30's and guilty of same though.

Saw some looper cycling along the M50 there at 8.30 this morning, some people need their heads testing, the M50 is crazy at that time

Beasty wrote: »
    betcha' glad the bcmf fella has disappeared off the face of the earth though .....:pac:

Always wondered who that was...

“They seek him here, they seek him there
    Those Mods seek him everywhere
    Is he in heaven or is he in hell?
    That damned elusive BCMF”

I believe he's now known as the Scarlet Pumpernickel in that red club gear he wears ....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Beasty wrote: »
    I believe he's now known as the Scarlet Pumpernickel in that red club gear he wears ....

Nah. We call him "yer man out the back of the group".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Saw some looper cycling along the M50 there at 8.30 this morning, some people need their heads testing, the M50 is crazy at that time

I've seen a few, worse was one idiot who joined northbound at the N4 slip and had to cycle over the bridge where there's no room at all.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

My favourite M50 cyclists are the ones who cycle in the hard shoulder on the wrong side of the road.

My favourite M50 cyclists are the ones who cycle in the hard shoulder on the wrong side of the road.
    At least they'll know what's hit them .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Is it Friday already?

Sorry cyclists, there's no room for you anymore

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057494149

1438301251506.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement