Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

Fian wrote: »
    It is the length of the bar that has "swiss cross 59cm" written on it in the diagrams. Generally frame size is measured by that bar, taken from the centre of the bars it connects to on either side.

Thanks Fian. I was confused when both said 59.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Fian

traprunner wrote: »
    Thanks Fian. I was confused when both said 59.

Ah. I wasn't confused by that since I failed to notice it.

I hope I am not wrong now, if so i guess i will learn something new. About two months after buying a new bike :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Sorry for the confusion, the top 59 is has geometry and tube lenghts of the 57. My fault, I'll see if I can change it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Fian wrote: »
    It is the length of the bar that has "swiss cross 59cm" written on it in the diagrams. Generally frame size is measured by that bar, taken from the centre of the bars it connects to on either side.

Really? When I was last buying bikes the frame size was measured by the length of the downtube from where the saddle dropped into its top to the middle of the pedal cassette. Now I understand why I find modern bike sizes so baffling; the geometry has changed.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Now I understand why I find modern bike sizes so baffling; the geometry has changed.
    You're lucky - some of us are starting to shrivel up in our old age, and fear our bikes outgrowing us due to change in "personal geometry"....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Beasty wrote: »
    You're lucky - some of us are starting to shrivel up in our old age, and fear our bikes outgrowing us due to change in "personal geometry"....

That can happen too; I now look like a tiny wrinkled creature, all spiky and crouched on top of wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

That can happen too; I now look like a tiny wrinkled creature, all spiky and crouched on top of wheels.

Have you not met Beasty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

I stick my hand out indicating to drivers behind not to pass. I've had no negative responses to this approach... yet.

It is good fortune to encounter drivers who pay attention to your hand signals - I usually have to turn around and eyeball them as well.

Listening to to the sound of the engine, I can guess whereabouts they are and if its worth taking my hands off the bars. With pot holes, patchy roadworks and any number of potential obstacles, from my point of view it often isn't.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Having found out about look keo touring shoes that can apparently be walked in yesterday, I've had no look in finding them.
    can anyone shed any light on the touring or urban shoes from look. Maybe they were a protype/concept thing only.

I'd throw cash at them if they were any use as I can't get going with SPDs at all having gotten used to Keos quickly enough.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I've shrunk by about 1cm over the last 25 years :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

RobFowl wrote: »

As my grandmother used say "growing down, like an ass's tail"

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

In my annual medical last year I was down to 185cm (for the first time since I was 12!) - this year I'm back up to 186 ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

In my annual medical last year I was down to 185cm (for the first time since I was 12!) - this year I'm back up to 186 ....

Was one of the doctors using a Chinese measuring tape?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Have you not met Beasty?

Is this him?

latest?cb=20130424150605

I've lost a bit of weight and added a few more wrinkles since that picture was done ....

I've lost a bit of weight and added a few more wrinkles since that picture was done ....

About as senile as him though so spot on Raam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

lXrP0gS.jpg

Is there an echo in here?

Is there an echo in here?

lXrP0gS.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Here's a more recent one of Beasty on the track ....

Walthour_and_Gussy_medium.jpg

Here he is some time during the cretaceous period.

qfCcrF3.jpg

Here's a more recent one of Beasty on the track ....
    And rumour has it you're a perfect example of the grumpy old man. Bet you're really good at it ....:)

And rumour has it you're a perfect example of the grumpy old man. Bet you're really good at it ....:)

Only when he can't find his favourite pair of cycling shoes at 8:45am on Saturday with everybody waiting for him and he gets huffy with the wife when she can't find them for him!

Only when he can't find his favourite pair of cycling shoes at 8:45am on Saturday with everybody waiting for him and he gets huffy with the wife when she can't find them for him!
    Does he not get his butler bcmf to sort out things like that:confused:

It's no fun having to get the right shoes for the outfit......

Does he not get his butler bcmf to sort out things like that:confused:

We can't possibily confirm or deny that as the adorementioned has ceased to exist in the digital sense. Just as well cos those boards jersey designs he did were pure awful.

Does he not get Scarlett Johanssen to sort out things like that:confused:

He does usually but she was out getting the Ferrari washed that morning

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Apart from fluid intake and sun block, does anyone have any advice on cycling in warm weather - 30C?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Rambling Man

Apart from fluid intake and sun block, does anyone have any advice on cycling in warm weather - 30C?

For me, its headgear to soak up sweat. Light cycling cap or swimming cap (not the rubber one obviously)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement