Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Golf Society - Captains Prize, 19th Sept, 2pm, Fota Island, Deerpark Course

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

paulos53 wrote: »
    If you are still looking for that practice round:
    http://deals.justgolf.ie/deal/cork/druids-glen-resort-sept

Valid Monday-Friday

Looks Good paulos

So who is up for it? Looks like a Monday to Thursday deal.

We could go for 28/29/30/31 September if it suits people?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Seve OB wrote: »
    Looks Good paulos

So who is up for it? Looks like a Monday to Thursday deal.

We could go for 28/29/30/31 September if it suits people?

Playing 4 days in a row...you are taking it seriously Seve ;)

Playing 4 days in a row...you are taking it seriously Seve ;)

was an option to see if anyone was interested for that week

actually preference would be for the Monday(Glen) & Tuesday(Heath - Open comp there also that day) and am also looking to play Luttrelstown open on the Wednesday, it's only €30 if anyone fancies that either/also?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

was an option to see if anyone was interested for that week

actually preference would be for the Monday(Glen) & Tuesday(Heath - Open comp there also that day) and am also looking to play Luttrelstown open on the Wednesday, it's only €30 if anyone fancies that either/also?
    Ah I know Seve, was just twisting your post around

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Are we sticking with stableford or going all out for the major and playing stroke?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Are we sticking with stableford or going all out for the major and playing stroke?

Great idea .

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Great idea .

In theory I'd agree however Boards outings are long days 4.5 hours minimum, and most of us have to go to work on Monday ! Lol

mafc wrote: »
    In theory I'd agree however Boards outings are long days 4.5 hours minimum, and most of us have to go to work on Monday ! Lol

I'm only joking , it would be a form of torture with numerous events of finger pointing, 1, shank 2, bunker 3, tree bounce 4, water 5 , wrong drop 6/7 , green - brilliant 1 putt -

"I think it was 8"
    "are you sure"
    "Put me down for a scratch"
    "I can't"
    "what"
    "It is strokes"
    "how do strokes work"
    "ok I'll put you down for an 8"
    "What time is sunset"
    "gets dark early these days"
    "It is ok - there is a light on my gps"

"Was that a monkey I just heard"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭3putt

We'd be just about lucky to get last orders at the bar

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I'm only joking , it would be a form of torture with numerous events of finger pointing, 1, shank 2, bunker 3, tree bounce 4, water 5 , wrong drop 6/7 , green - brilliant 1 putt -

"I think it was 8"
    "are you sure"
    "Put me down for a scratch"
    "I can't"
    "what"
    "It is strokes"
    "how do strokes work"
    "ok I'll put you down for an 8"
    "What time is sunset"
    "gets dark early these days"
    "It is ok - there is a light on my gps"

"Was that a monkey I just heard"

:D

will you bring some of whatever you were drinking on saturday night? Will be great crack!!!:p:D:D

• Advertisement

Only a few days to go. I guess you have all been practising hard. Anyway, I'm sure you have all figured it out by now, but here is the timesheet for Saturday. Please make sure you are in plenty of time.

We will be playing off the White Tees. LD will be on the 16th as recommended by Fota. They also recommend NP to be on the 13th. I had the 11th in my head as it's shorter, but 13th is a bit downhill from recollection, any thoughts?

There will be an area reserved for us after to have a bit of food and do prizes etc. so it would be great if you can all hang around for that. My guess is that most of you will as we are heading out in town afterwards........

Time Player 1 Player 2 Player 3 Player 4
    14:00 Ben1977 ssbob Ciaranra kieran.
    14:10 a post punk O'Reilly Tony kiers47 HoleInOne
    14:20 bobster453 ThecHamp26 Macker1 spacecoyote
    14:30 Barnaboy mafc shaunac93 dwd
    14:40 The Big Easy pistolpetes11 athlone99 ballyk
    14:50 princess poppy recycled tigerwood1 doublecross
    15:00 Golfgraffix paulos53 FixedePitchmark charlieIRL
    15:10 Keano RoadRunner 3putt Seve OB

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Looking forward to this big time!!

Quick one - the practice facilities, anybody know can you just go up and use the range / putting green etc or are they reserved for academy members?

In the age old tradition of the society - I can only follow above post with.

When are the tee times going up and have you got the results yet ?

Joking aside lads - hopefully the leaders drag each other down and winner will come from further back.

We are in a great spot to see everything going on. Who is going to look up weather first ?

In the age old tradition of the society - I can only follow above post with.

When are the tee times going up and have you got the results yet ?

Joking aside lads - hopefully the leaders drag each other down and winner will come from further back.

We are in a great spot to see everything going on. Who is going to look up weather first ?

just cracked out laughing as I read that!

Already looked up the weather.... all good

20790240393_fb5291c534_b.jpg

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Looking forward to this big time!!

Quick one - the practice facilities, anybody know can you just go up and use the range / putting green etc or are they reserved for academy members?

just read it earlier. looks like it is free for anyone staying at the hotel

Might have to slip down on Friday night :) Spa treatment on Saturday morning, Sauna, Jacuzzi, hit the range, leisurely stroll down to the clubhouse for an early lunch....... could be worse ways to start the day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Getting out early and getting on it early :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Being such a close run thing shall we do live scoring ?

And anyone need a lift ?

J

Being such a close run thing shall we do live scoring ?

And anyone need a lift ?

J

I'm a bit of an old traditionalist and believe scores should be kept secret until the big unveil! I'd also rather not know what kind of scores other guys are shooting.... But hey, times change and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

I'm a bit of an old traditionalist and believe scores should be kept secret until the big unveil! I'd also rather not know what kind of scores other guys are shooting.... But hey, times change and all that.

Afraid of bottling it ??

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

ssbob wrote: »
    Getting out early and getting on it early :D:D:D

Why not start on the course? Actually that might straighten me up 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Lads ye are leaving it late, hope ye have enough time to complete the round.

Best of luck to all involved and enjoy Cork :)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Afraid of bottling it ??

Just don't like knowing, prefer the surprise!

Actually when you did it in PGA for captains couple of years ago I stayed away from the scores. I had no idea I had won until my name was called out, I didn't think I had done enough and it made it all the sweeter than knowing the scores and waiting for my name to be called!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Hope Sky Sports do a good job showing this. Nobody wants to see longwinded interviews with the players :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Ben1977 wrote: »
    Why not start on the course? Actually that might straighten me up 😀

Ben, we must remember to bring a wireless with us as well as the hip flask! We can listen to Irl smash Canada as we go around??

Can have a couple before hitting town but really want to offload the car asap!

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Unfortunately I'll be heading home. Work and the boss put a stop to my plans of a big night out in the true capital

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭a post punk

Lads weather is looking good this weekend! I got no practice in last weekend because of the awful weather I'll be out every night this week! Hope ye are all looking forward to the trip to the real capital😜

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bobster453

Really looking forward to this one.Live scoring would be good if not too much bother..those of us out early can then sit back and relax..watch it live on sky sports and have live scoring..oh the tension of it all :)
    Seriously tho best of luck to our Captain on his big day and all those fighting for a spot in the A Team..my money is on Tiger
    Glad i only have an hour drive for this one..wont be knackered before i tee off

They also recommend NP to be on the 13th. I had the 11th in my head as it's shorter, but 13th is a bit downhill from recollection, any thoughts?

https://vimeo.com/channels/fotaisland/page:3

Just looked at 13 again. One for the brave. Reminds me of the 9th in corballis. Long, water left and wind helping that way. Alarms going off in my head as I particularly like miss-hiting left :rolleyes:

Maybe adjust that driver of yours on the hole Road runner.

Bring welding kit and vice grips.

• Advertisement

Like yourself I'll be sporting a new driver on the day fixie :) Gotta take this seriously!

Advertisement