Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AUTUMN WEATHER 2015 - GENERAL CHAT THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Xenji wrote: »
    Torrential hail fall in Castlebar at the moment, it is white outside.

Yep, all on the sides of the road too now in Castlebar

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Any chance of this reaching the East Coast tonight. Even hail would be nice to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,845 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Any chance of this reaching the East Coast tonight. Even hail would be nice to see!

Unlikely, most of the pep in the showers will die out overland, and prevailing conditions more light rain than anything white.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Heavy hail showers on west coast,whitened foothpath

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Feels bitterly cold now after the shower.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭FWVT

Looking windy maybe stormy at times on the ECM.

Sunday :

ZU6ccSQ.png

Monday :

IYq7XCq.png

Wednesday :

Dz2a5br.png

Those winds are at 100 metres, not 10 m.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

FWVT wrote: »
    Those winds are at 100 metres, not 10 m.

I know that.

Sunday morning looking windy with fairly widespread 90-100 km/h gusts. A bit stronger in western coastal areas.

arpegeuk-52-43-0_tow7.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

According to RTE weather woman there's a yellow warning likely to be upgraded to an orange warning by tommorow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,528 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Carnacalla wrote: »
    According to RTE weather woman there's a yellow warning likely to be upgraded to an orange warning by tommorow.

About the rain or wind?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

I will be glad when December comes - I don't know which thread to peruse because of the whole "it's Winter, no it's Autumn" debate ;)

Newport is getting close to beat its previous wettest November on record in 2009 with 273.8mm right now and plenty more rainfall to come for the last few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭Ardent

Pelting down in Dublin city centre. And I mean PELTING down! Haven't seen rain like this all year long.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

Pelting ---- MONsooning down in Dublin 6 !!! (when do we get on the polarcoaster ?????)

Ardent wrote: »
    Pelting down in Dublin city centre. And I mean PELTING down! Haven't seen rain like this all year long.

I have....

May 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 8th
    July 4th
    August 23rd
    September 11th, 13th, 21st
    October 27th
    November 8th, 14th, 18th

November 18th recorded a lot of rainfall in a short space of time and severe flooding was recorded in parts of my area but luckily, the sun came out for a little and the flooding was down the drains!

Carnacalla wrote: »

Warning is being changed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Padster90s

Warning is being changed now.
    Is it right to assume this will be named Clodagh?

STATUS ORANGE

Wind Warning for Ireland

Southwesterly winds veering westerly will reach mean speeds of 60 to 80 km/h with gusts of 100 to 130km/h.

Issued:
    Saturday 28 November 2015 13:00
    Valid:
    Sunday 29 November 2015 06:00 to Sunday 29 November 2015 15:00

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

National mean rainfall totals, based in the IMT 11 station mean, for period Nov 1 to Nov 27 for each year since 2007:

370032.PNG

Nationally, still a little behind on last year (although some individual stations have recorded much higher) but with more rain forecast for last few days of November, it could well exceed last year's totals, which if was too happen would make this Nov the wettest since 2009, which holds a record that is unlikely to be broken for a long long time.

Data is from www.met.ie

New Moon

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    National mean rainfall totals, based in the IMT 11 station mean, for period Nov 1 to Nov 27 for each year since 2007:

370032.PNG

Nationally, still a little behind on last year (although some individual stations have recorded much higher) but with more rain forecast for last few days of November, it could well exceed last year's totals, which if was too happen would make this Nov the wettest since 2009, which holds a record that is unlikely to be broken for a long long time.

Data is from www.met.ie

Of how much rain was recorded, I was in love with November 2009 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Anyone got any rainfall radar charts for today (30th)? Was over in Manchester in diabolical conditions and would like to see what 'colour' rain I was walking in all day. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Some final stats for Autumn based on the 11 station IMT national mean (stats from individual stations will no doubt differ)

Mean Temperature: 10.9c, which the coolest Autumn value since 2012 (but still slightly above average)
    Mean Rainfall Total: 297.9 mm which is 94.8% of 1981-2010 normal
    Mean Windspeed: 9.1 knots which is the highest since 2011
    Mean SLP: 1014.9 hPa, highest since 2007.

Data is from Met Eireann & Ogimet.

New Moon

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mod Note: It is now (officially) Winter...so all posts/chat in relation to up and coming weather events (or the lack of them)...this way: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057483044&page=44

Leave this thread for general discussion on Autumn just gone, statistics, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

November stats from the UK.

Dullest on record.
    Above average warmth everywhere. 3rd warmest.
    2nd wettest in Scotland, 4th wettest in NI.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/news/releases/archive/2015/November-stats?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

To my mind the most miserable month in my lifetime.

November stats from the UK.

Dullest on record.
    Above average warmth everywhere.
    2nd wettest in Scotland, 4th wettest in NI.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/news/releases/archive/2015/November-stats?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

To my mind the most miserable month in my lifetime.

Really? I've seen 10x worse months,

1. August 2011
    2. July 2012
    3. June 2012 (the 27th and 28th were very warm and sunny here which brought June a bit lower than July)
    4. May 2015
    5. January 2013
    6. July 2015
    7. March 2013
    8. August 2008
    9. July 2002
    10. June 2002

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

sryanbruen wrote: »

1. August 2011
    2. July 2012
    3. June 2012 (the 27th and 28th were very warm and sunny here which brought June a bit lower than July)
    4. May 2015
    5. January 2013
    6. July 2015
    7. March 2013
    8. August 2008
    9. July 2002
    10. June 2002

It always amazes me that people remember these lists of months that were wet/sunny/cold/dull/windy etc :pac:

MidMan25 wrote: »
    It always amazes me that people remember these lists of months that were wet/sunny/cold/dull/windy etc :pac:

Oh.. everyday that goes by since I became interested in weather, I remember the weather of each of those days. I could tell the summary of any month for my area without looking at the statistics and actual summaries that I wrote for the months.

MidMan25 wrote: »

Well this guy has the data. Supposedly.

1. August 2011
    2. July 2012
    4. May 2015
    5. January 2013
    6. July 2015
    7. March 2013
    8. August 2008
    9. July 2002
    10. June 2002

Are you saying they were duller than this Nov, or just duller than normal. Most of those months (except Jan 2013 which I remember as being ****e) are summer or Spring months.

It's the dullness that annoys me btw. Don't mind a storm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Oh.. everyday that goes by since I became interested in weather, I remember the weather of each of those days. I could tell the summary of any month for my area without looking at the statistics and actual summaries that I wrote for the months.

An impressive talent!

Advertisement