Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭gn3dr

ha ha - nothing like a bit of alcohol fuelled ordering. The man maths gets easier after a few!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

A kilo of fructose all the way from Spain.

Its easier get cocaine than fructose these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

A few items from Galibier , including some fire feet socks, Atlantic winter hat and Arctic headband (anything to keep warm)

and also new headset from acros components using their 20% off offer

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭devonp

Lifeline trainer mat and wahoo ANT+ USB dongle from Marrey Bikes, Ballinrobe..ordered Friday arrived by DPD this morning

I've caved (and my better half will use as well..? yeah its her Xmas pressie 😃) and have a Zwift Hub ONE on the way

prob need a sweat catcher and a table as well ? (or a towel and an auld bar stool)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭cletus

Not exactly bike related, but the latest addition to my classroom wall

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Is that a print or did you draw it?

Unfortunately my talents don't extend to art.

It's a set of 3 prints, obviously they could be hung separately, but I think in that configuration the make a nice representation of 'bicycle'

What do your students say about the bike stuff in your room or do they just not care because you're their teacher and you suck, etc.?

Eh, they kind of like it. I've set my room up so that it's not all 'educational', as such.

I made a built-in bookshelf on the back wall, and made it a reading corner, with some comfy chairs, and books that are not curriculum orientated.

I've given some quite artistic students a space on the wall and free licence to create a mural. They've also painted quotes that I particularly like for me.

There's a signature wall where 6th year students can sign their name and the date they left the school.

Students who have excelled in an area have given me signed photos that I frame and put on the Wall of Fame.

After that, there's the bike stuff, some potted plants and ornament type things dotted around.

Apart from all that, I'm pretty sure they still think I suck 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

How much was delivery may I ask @Bambaata ?

It came from Germany?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Delivery was €80. i think Germany or Austria yeah. They were a bit slow shipping, i think it took me to nudge them about 4 days later for the to get it going and then landed in about 4 or 5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭saccades

Nukeproof cub scout frame 26"

Nukeproof stem

Brand X carbon riser bars

Nukeproof Sam hill pedals

Fohn 3l waterproof jacket

Fohn trail socks

Prime primievra carbon saddle

Fohn lightweight trail trousers

Brand X dropper

Nukeproof lock on grips

Zenith MTB shorts

Nukeproof steerer crown reducer

Nukeproof t-shirt

Dhb slice rucksack

Dhb neoprene overshoes

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭ARX

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Cheers. Happy with it and the service overall?

Did it come assembled and you just had to throw on pedals and connect bars, or was there more to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Yeah great value. Yeah came with just handlebars detached, seatpost out and wheels off. Shipped through some crowd here that called me to arrange suitable time, got the feeling the courier handles more commercial stuff than consumer but all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭The Macho Man

Not as exciting as saccades above but given I'm trying to get back into cycling shortly after roughly 4 year hiatus I'm waiting on overshoes, chain cleaner and gloves. All from Chain Reaction. I know they are in trouble but they've arrived at the hub in Dublin quite quickly. And they are doing some very good deals at the moment.

And they are doing some very good deals at the moment.

They are now not giving the option of shipping outside of the UK & Channel Islands.

Just arrived in the post. Gets good reviews, and now that I have it in my hand, it's solid and well made. Looks to be CNC'd from a solid block of aluminium

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭saccades

My dad is in the UK, saving were much bigger with UK address. Most of the prices are back up again.

Now awaiting a custom made spare hanger for the cub scout. Need a spare as this will hopefully be a long term bike.

And a Pro2 to pro4 boost adapter,have loads of 26" wheels to choose from.

#1 child is getting spoilt this Xmas, she has topped out at 5'1" and loves to ride her MTB. So thought I'd get her something with modern geometry for the next 10 years .

Anyone interested in a 14" steel inbred rolling chassis?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Galibier barrier gloves. They're my Christmas present as I didn't actually want anything

My magic shine seemed dv rear camera light also arrived. App is dreadful but it's decent camera and a good light.

• Advertisement

Went about ordering those gloves for the very same reason, but L and XL won't be back in stock till late January '24

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Eiregt

A pair of Challenge Chicanes open tubulars, a pair of latex tubes and some tubular glue for a pair of Limus tubs I've been meaning to glue up.

All a bit late at this point in the year but we'll see if I can get some use out of it before the end of the CX season

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

Picked up what must have been the last brooks saddle for 48 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Disc alignment tool & related bits from Aliexpres, forst time in two years i've bought from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭The Macho Man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭JMcL

I found the sizing on these to be on the small side. Going by the measurements on the website and against my better judgement I ordered L, but had to return for XL. Having got them, I Initially thought I could have even borderline gone up another size (I do have hands like shovels), but over time they've moulded to my hands and are grand

While I do have relatively big hands, the biggest issue I find with gloves is finger length. My fingers are stupidly long, they end up compressing in the ends of the fingers of the gloves

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

Just had a look there, couldn't see it. Would you have a link, by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

The shame, swapped over the crankset, realised as I expected the chain was just slightly to short. Went to put the new chain on and it's the wrong size. How did I mess up a single speed chain😔

Advertisement