Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

They're grand. I'm at a "coffee" stop now on my way home with just over 60km and 1000m and they felt comfy. My other mitts are size L and fabric whereas the new ones are XL (and goatskin). I found that after a while my old mitts tend to squeeze the tops of my fingers near the knuckle which helps the fingers go slightly numb.

They arrived in a red fabric bag which adds an extra feeling of luxury to the leather gloves.

The new gloves did their job and didn't move up towards the knuckle. Most of the roads I was on were fairly smooth but on the bumpy sections, there was a bit of absorption by the double layer of leather. No numbness at all today.

The only PITA will be cleaning them as ive to dab them with soapy water rather than feck them in the machine with the rest of my gear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭JMcL

I got a pair of the Liberte leather mitts from them earlier in the summer. They're very comfortable after an hour or so of bedding in. In what could have been foolishness I wore them first on a long 8+ hour day on one of the really hot days in June (remember those?) and the performed flawlessly. I haven't used them as much as I would have as the stitching was coming undone on one of them, which Galibier sorted out no bother, but it meant I didn't have them on the holidays. I was tempted by the Campionnisimo at the time I must as they look great but was a bit hesitant about how to keep a pair of cream leather mitts clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭cletus

Another pair of Galibier cargo bib shorts. The first pair I bought have been faultless, so I got a second pair to put into rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

That time of year to restock winter training gear.

Grand Tour jacket - orange

Winter bibs

Both from Galibier.

• Advertisement

My shorts were also delivered the next day, I'm also happy out.

Currently there are a set of Zipp Sl-70 XPLR handlebars in the post (but shh, they're a birthday present to me from my boys, so I don't know about them yet 😁)

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

I cant tell you about those mitts, but I can for these ones https://www.galibier.cc/product/liberte-leather-cycling-gloves/

they are the dogs dangles, they are so comfortable to wear, they fit like a glove" after about three cycles, I suffer with pain in my right hand(not thumb side) and these eliminated it completely. So much so, I am getting the full finger glove for winter.

One thing though ~ for about 10 cycles(if you're a sweaty c@nt like me) you'll be like the incredible hulk with green hands after the dye runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭JMcL

One thing though ~ for about 10 cycles(if you're a sweaty c@nt like me) you'll be like the incredible hulk with green hands after the dye runs.

It's not just me so 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Gorteen

I'm "going gravel" with this purchase. Nice reduction in price too 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭Macy0161

11-36 cassette and new chain - after finding an ali derailleur extender/ wolftooth I got years ago, and doing the derailleur capacity sums. 30/36 coming to the Topstone (and the Lakelander which I also pulled the trigger on today).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

oops - credit card slipped- picked it up on saturday

Post edited by ednwireland on

Long sleeve Roubaix jersey from Galibier, in 'Very Orange'

Unworn Galibier top from Adverts @ a bargain €20 also in "very orange"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Brake disc pads for my winter bike and some hydraulic mineral oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

New derailleur hanger. Ironically the reason I need a new one is because I’m so paranoid about it getting damaged while in my bike bag by baggage handlers, I remove it every time I travel.

but when I put it back on, one of the tiny little bolts were slightly loose and over time the treads in the hanger were damaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

That can be repaired with a helicoil which is a stainless thread like a spring.

Most engineering workshops would have them.

The bolts are usually M4

New KMC 11 speed chain (silver/black), because all the suggestions online are to change 11 speed chains at 0.5 wear, rather than 0.75

Really? I’ve changed at 0.75 for years now with no problems. 3 chains per cassette.

I'm only going by what I read online.

I've gone from 9 speed to 11 speed, and this is the first chain I've had to swap

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Had to pop over to my mam in Clontarf so decided to get my sister her well-thought-out birthday present in 360 Cycles i.e. a voucher.

I made a comment to the lads there that the shop branded tee shirts were nice and unexpectedly managed to get myself a free one which as it turns out is a perfect fit.

Free stuff is always welcomed!

I also have spare bar tape, a spare rear derailleur hanger and a bidon on its way from Orro in England which is my first British bike-related order in about two years.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Toppeak mini toolbox thing and some qr adaptors for fulcrum wheels. Sod's law means the one I can't find will show up this week

• Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

rockguardz frame protector and front mudguard

new di2 battery shimano warranty claim !

Got a replacement for the bibtights I was cut out of in hospital, plus the jacket I was wearing.

Galibier kindly gave me a code for an "at cost" replacement service, which ended up giving me approximately 30% off both.

Roubaix jacket(Jersey?) And Mistral bibtights.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Altura Airstream jacket that I got sucked into on Prime Day. Deal was only on a small, so might not be the bargain, depending on the accuracy of the size chart!

I'm not sure if I saw any posts about your crash, hope the only injury was to the clothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭secman

Unfortunately he had a very bad one, broken ribs, collarbone and fractured skull, lucky to be re ordering cycling kits, best of luck Wheelo when you venture back out 👍

Glad that's he's on the mend, at least

Getting there very slowly, but over the worst of it - the biggest battle may be the biggest overall - convincing my wife that I am going out cycling again.

She was nervous for years every time I went out, but now after the crash, every day is a game of dodgems.

However, she fell in the garden 4 weeks later and broke 3 metatarsals and her heel, we're a pair of crocks at the minute LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Inforapenny

Folks, managed to nab myself a second hand bike for short commutes to gym, training and shops etc.

It doesn't have a rear mudguard / fender, so I want to purchase one.

Bike is a Giant Seek 1 - pic attached.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a solid, easy to fit mudguard? On a previous bike I had one that was attached to the back of the saddle and could be moved up or down and it seemed to work well.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Some new winter boots just arrived from Merlin Cycles

https://www.merlincycles.com/northwave-magma-xc-core-winter-boots-201106.html

Ordered on Monday arrived today .. super quick and will hopefully keep the feet warm and dry this winter

Advertisement