Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭dahat

A huge punt but an AliExpress copy of the Abus gamechanger in white just to see what it’s like.

Also I got velotoze like shoe covers last week that seem pretty good & €14 delivered these will protect racing shoes in crap weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭cletus

I changed cars a few weeks ago, and needed to get model specific roof bars for it. They arrived today, and although they're pretty pricey, the fit and finish is so good.

Also, if anyone is reading this and they have a spare T track bolt for Thule bike racks, shoot me a pm, I've misplaced one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭secman

Ordered a pair of shimano rc5 shoes on bike discount.de last Wed or Thursday, arrived on Monday. €108 all in, same shoe in CSS €168.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭dahat

New power meter pedals from Cigala , €630 a nasty hit race week.

Issues with current ones & while I can get a discount rhs from vendor I now don’t trust the left either hence emptying the piggy bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭wijam

New Bike - Ridley Fenix ordered from Hollingsworth Bikes - I've a custom paint job on it so timeline on it is 3-4 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Shimano R8000 50 tooth chainring and 11speed chain. The chaining has been on my bike since new in 2019 and according to Hubtiger it has 26,000klm on it. Owes me nothing really.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

12 Speed DI2 Ultegra kit

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Not yet, but need a new derailleur hanger for the arkose I was selling so that. Wasn't in the post but I bought that genesis equilibrium on adverts for 500 yesterday too. That'll be the winter and relaxed spin bike now.

It's the 6th genesis I've owned and the 4th in my stable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Snap, mine is in the local an Post Depot so will collect tomorrow. I decided to give my rim brake bike one last hurah before moving to discs so got the wired rim brake version of the groupset.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I thought I was bad with a Croix de Fer, Equilibrium and Tour de Fer (which I have recently sold). That looked like a good deal on Adverts though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Prime tool roll and some DHB bits and pieces from wiggle to my brother. Get them at Easter!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

Cables and housings to tune up the local hack, hopefully make it all feel nice and slick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭cletus

Not in the post anymore, just got a Galibier VentUltra II as a direct replacement for an old Altura Pocket Rocket.

Very happy with fit and weight so far

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Magene p505 165mm powermeter from panda podium for TT season 280 euro incl vat and customs.

40mm TA disc brake carbon gravel wheels from elite wheels 400 euro.

Treat myself

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

Tidy. I’ve been running a Magene pm for around 3 years now. Great piece of kit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭G1032

Have you another power meter you compared the Magene to? Review here suggests the magene over reads higher power levels.

Have Assioma Duo myself but they won't last forever. Something like the Magene at that price point looks a very attractive alternative

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

No, I’ve never compared between pms.

Exact numbers aren’t that important for me the minute as I’m not training for anything in particular but I use the pm as a training aid anyway.

I always use the same protocol to test ftp and use one bike indoor and another on the road so any slight difference wouldn’t be critical. Having said that, I’ve never noticed any major differences or inconsistencies in readings

• Registered Users Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭G1032

Thanks. Gonna keep these in mind for when I need a PM again. A steal at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭f1000

Shimano BR-R451 'long-drop' caliper brake set for my commuter. €40, including delivery from Sports Direct

• Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

I ordered bits from jrc-components online last night around 8pm. The package arrived at 1pm TODAY! The fastest delivery ever?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I had that same experience when I got stuff from them two weeks ago - very efficient service. The little bag of jelly beans were an added bonus!

28mm Grand Prix 4 Seasons from Cycle Superstore. One arrived yesterday, but had second thoughts and decided I wanted two new ones ahead of RVV rather than relying on (an albeit good condition) 25mm on the front! Belt and braces this year!

Tailfin alloy bike rack and rack top bag, a bit pricey, but have a big bikepacking trip coming up so decided to bike the bullet

It will probably arrive before I get my hands on my new bike, which is currently sitting in the bike shop, just waiting for work to make the Bike to Work payment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

you can always pay yourself and get refund when work pays the shop😀

@Roberto_gas now there's an idea, although I have a lot of money going out at the minute, so I might just wait the few weeks

Next up

6 Customised Candy Stripe Wheeler's jerseys from Owayo and 3 Candy Stripe bandannas. Would usually only get 2, but have 3 separate designs, one for each charity I'm doing the challenge for so decided to get two of each, that will bring my total Candy Stripe jersey count up to 18 😀

Have to tip my hat to Owayo, put the design in on Wednesday, got the design proof back yesterday, signed off and payment made and jerseys sent to production today, should be shipped on 8th of April and they send you a 3D design mock up, see link below, if you hover over the top black bar it shows the designs for the 3 separate jerseys and the bandanna

https://www.owayo.com/3D/daten/2024/3/21/PRULGLISOY/index.html?o=24036067

18? That's more than the number of away fans let in the Brandywell isn't it?

Never try something new on event day they say, which I'm ignoring, so some TPU Tubes that popped up on off on Amazon.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I've tpu tubes. They're great, but when they fail , they fail instantly in my experience (stupid badly repaired pothole)

i had the kickstarter and unsure of accuracy but got 165s BASE PM basedoff GP lamas review for TT bike and have already gotten 2 sets of elites and find them brilliant!

I see your doubts but i raise you a GP LAMA review !

elite direto XR ,i will do a side by side on same workout to confirm,in GP LAMA i trust!

• Advertisement
Advertisement