Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭cletus

Thanks for that, folks. I think I was mistaking the XXL being out of stock for the XL.

Ordered now

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Velotoze 2.0 white overshoes for race season - OUT OF STOCK 🤬.

Full bearing kit for my power meter pedals, preventative maintenance.

Post edited by dahat on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

A new brifter. I thought I'd escaped a silly fall with just a few scratches but alas no.. I could feel a pin moving under the hood while shifting and it turned out to be a crack in the housing. I've borrowed a hardtail to use in the interim.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Centaur rear derailleur on its way to sister in Scotland, hopefully landing before she's flying home for new years.

Get my cinelli back and running and then play Sophie's choice to which bike I sell in new year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭seanin4711

hutchinson toureg 700x40 from Bikeinn 45 for the pair delivered

Arrived yesterday. Will be with me for new year's huzzah

• Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Galibier Mistral Gloves - so assuming they arrive by the weekend, it'll be Mistral Pro Jacket, Mistral Bib's and Mistral Gloves...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Went on a bit of a galibier binge - Grand Tour jacket (orange would probably have been the safer colour but the purple looks so nice), a pair of the new mistral gloves, Mistral bib shorts and fire feet socks.

Hopefully that should get me back out on the bike for the next couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

We should really have a boards discount code for the galibier shop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭The Macho Man

I've often shopped on the sales on the Ekoi site, excellent bargains there, prompt enough deliver too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Wahoo Rival watch after seeig the price drop to €99.99 on another thread. I was considering dropping alot more on a Garmin Epix 2, hopefully this will satiate me for awhile longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Ekoi sales are like traditional home furniture superstore sales. You would want your head examined paying full price for anything as a >50% discount/sale is literally days away.

That said I have a fair bit of Ekoi gear and it is perfectly serviceable but they have made a big move from being a traditional budget retailer to a premium retailer without increasing the quality of the product. Even their pro clothing lines Israel/ Arkea are below the levels of castelli, sportful and newer entrants like gobik.

Can you review after a few days?

As a non running type I cant justify 250 plus for a Garmin watch..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

What are you looking to find out about it, I've been using one for the last 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Is this a swim bike run type watch or multisports like Garmin?

It's a lot of watch for €100

Post edited by Kaisr Sose on

Multisport but you can set it for triathlons and it apparently will auto detect transitions. AFAIK I'll give a review after I have it a few days.

Thanks..I am not looking for it for tri. I am more interested in what it offers like for ski tracking, sailing etc. I looked at spec there and did not see anything indicating that, nor did DCR's rather short 😆 review mention these.

Like you, I was looking at the Epix 2. Seen it at as low as €514 on amz de.

I'm pretty sure it does but you have to possibly tell it in the Wahoo App thing, effectively like going into Strava and changing the sport type so it does but not really as it apparently doesn't do much with that info. I don't think it is anywhere near as simple as Garmin, particularly worse if you want it recorded for training rather than interest. Garmin weights its load on you for the specific sport so you get more out of it. €514 is an amazing price, €200 cheaper than anywhere I have looked over the last year.

Thanks for that. On reflection, it may have been €537, but yes, cracking price., but still a lot on a watch you won't use anywhere near its full capacity.

Amazon de beats UK all the time.

• Advertisement

Basically I’m looking to use it for heart rate across the day & same in the gym.

Is it an effective heart rate measurement tool off the bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

Yes it has various different profiles that you can set up under cycling, running, walking, multi sport, swimming, snow sports, water sports, gym, other etc.

Seems to be fairly effective with some blips in readings every now and again. It uses a now older style single LED compared to newer machines. Deep dive analysis into HR metrics isn't really there either on the watch or app if you're looking for that though. No HRV stuff either.

If you're Garmin on the bike, I think there'd be a fair case for staying with that off the bike tbh. But that may be just me who wants the least messing (one of the reasons I went from a bolt back to garmin, being a long time garmin watch user).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭cletus

I'm the same. Pick a platform and go with it. Just like buying battery power tools

Vivoactives are perfectly good everyday watches with some sports stuff thrown in. Helped by third party apps to get stuff on then that's missing eg power data

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Bluejohn1

Got a IGSPORT iGS630s bike computer and a radar rear light SR30 for around 330 from tradeinn. Never had a bike computer so we'll see how this turns out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

New headset from Hambini for my Canyon endurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭JMcL

I've a Vivoactive 4 and it's a perfect complement to the Edge 530. One thing to be aware of is that they've hamstrung the new Vivoactive 5 in favour of another pricier vertical of their wearables. The altimeter is gone for one so if you were to use it on the bike (no reason why not if you're not on a bike with a power meter), you'd have no elevation (or it may add it from GPS). I think there are a few other bits as well - DCRainmaker went through it if memory serves

Well to my auntie ahead of a visit... DHB Dorica Shoes (£10), Lifeline HRM (£10), Lifeline Speed and Cadence Sensor (£5), with an extra 10% off from CRC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

A decent pump for the office after this mornings cluster f***! The little brompton pump is decent but to hit the 100 psi and lessen the arm pump somthing better is needed.

Advertisement