Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Weather 2015/16 : See Mod Note Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭droidman123

FWVT wrote: »
    Actually I don't agree with you. And I don't think anyone in was actually saying that forecasting weather changes it.

Oh...so you DO believe irelands weather can be accuratly forecast 2/3 months ahead? Fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭FWVT

Oh...so you DO believe irelands weather can be accuratly forecast 2/3 months ahead? Fair enough.

Ok, forget it. Read what you want to read, no point explaining it to you anymore

FWVT wrote: »
    Ok, forget it. Read what you want to read, no point explaining it to you anymore

Ok tell you what,you forget it too.i know i am right and you know you are right.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Every time i see theres a new post here the last couple of days, i wish i could forget it after looking at it

So i had the cheek to say the weather in ireland cannot be forecast 2/3 months ahead and the weather mafia gather there little gang together? My comment has been twisted and turned every which way,but i still stand firm in my opinion (or fact). I would like a solid base as much as anyone to reliably forecast our weather so far ahead but alas i live in the real world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Can we all get back to talking about future conditions during Winter 2015 / 16? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Can we all get back to talking about future conditions during Winter 2015 / 16? :mad:
    Well said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Or current weather even. Its a foggy start here but beautiful and autumnal. The colours at this time of year are splendid. Its definitely more autumn than winter to me though. Late autumn is November imho 1 December marks the beginning of Christmas and winter in my mind. Would love a benign November to try shorten the next few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

i still stand firm in my opinion (or fact). I would like a solid base as much as anyone to reliably forecast our weather so far ahead but alas i live in the real world.

Mod note

You've presented your views very clearly and made your point repeatedly droidman123 - some agree with your opinion, others don't.
    It's time to move on now because this debate is getting repetitious and it's beginning to more or less monopolise the thread.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

More tabloid crap saying we could still be in for the coldest Winter since 1963 despite the warm spell.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/6719873/Warmest-November-day-on-record.html

I think we'd all be better off if we stopped posting links to weather "articles" in UK/Irish tabloids. It's beyond a joke at this stage. They will only stop it if people stop giving these "articles" hits.

• Advertisement

I think we'd all be better off if we stopped posting links to weather "articles" in UK/Irish tabloids. It's beyond a joke at this stage. They will only stop it if people stop giving these "articles" hits.

Good idea

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

More tabloid crap saying we could still be in for the coldest Winter since 1963 despite the warm spell.

I'm not a models-guy and I don't believe squat from the tabloid reports predicting months ahead....but a mild spell in late October/early November hardly tells us much about the winter? :confused:

I'm not a models-guy and I don't believe squat from the tabloid reports predicting months ahead....but a mild spell in late October/early November hardly tells us much about the winter? :confused:

Yep just look back at the unseasonably warm Autumn of 2011 and see how Winter 2011/12 turned out! I only had 3cm of snow on December 13th and that was it! Nothing terribly cold and February recorded 18c of that Winter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Mod note

We agreed last year to confine sensationalist tabloid reports to the Weather in the Media thread but they appear to have crept back in here again.
    I'll put a note in the OP to post any tabloid links there if you must

Also, Just another reminder that this is the Winter 15/16 thread- current conditions/autumn related posts will be moved to the appropriate threads

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Yep just look back at the unseasonably warm Autumn of 2011 and see how Winter 2011/12 turned out! I only had 3cm of snow on December 13th and that was it! Nothing terribly cold and February recorded 18c of that Winter!

It hasn't been an especially mild autumn; Sept was a degree below average; October about average; November looks like it might be mild.

And one precedent hardly means much....there have been very cold winters preceded by mild Autumns.

It hasn't been an especially mild autumn; Sept was a degree below average; October about average; November looks like it might be mild.

And one precedent hardly means much....there have been very cold winters preceded by mild Autumns.

Elaborate please with an example in a PM because this is off topic to the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

When should we start looking out for stratospheric warming? Hoping Redsunset does his annual thread again this year, seems to be a key element in predicting wintry conditions from about mid November onwards :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

19.5c in Valentia yesterday I see, on Nov 1st. As much as I'm looking forward to winter, I'm enjoying the pleasant weather.

The snow can wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Papers saying snow "just around corner" can someone back me up, what are the models saying in the next few weeks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Snowbiee21 wrote: »
    Papers saying snow "just around corner" can someone back me up, what are the models saying in the next few weeks

Models are pointing towards mild damp weather. No snow.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »

I definitely think it's gonna be a damp Winter as in dull due to how sunny last one was. The snow I am definitely unsure about. I have had no snowfall since February 2014 and even then, hardly much.

Loughc wrote: »

You sure,? Lots of charts pointing at cold wintry conditions around the period 14th of November cheers :confused:

You sure,? Lots of charts pointing at cold wintry conditions around the period 14th of November cheers :confused:

Where does it say that?

I definitely think it's gonna be a damp Winter as in dull due to how sunny last one was. The snow I am definitely unsure about. I have had no snowfall since February 2014 and even then, hardly much.

Agreed, no proper snowfall since 2010 if I'm right!!

Agreed, no proper snowfall since 2010 if I'm right!!

Well the last proper snowfall I had was March 2013 but for a long time - yeah 2010.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

What charts are these?

Where does it say that?

Take a look at the charts thread

Well the last proper snowfall I had was March 2013 but for a long time - yeah 2010.
    didnt last for long though?

didnt last for long though?

Oh oh mine went on long enough in 2010, especially compared to 2013. All the days I recorded snow during both years here:

Jan - 22nd
    Feb - 23rd, 24th
    Mar - 11th, 12th, 19th, 20th, 26th, 27th

Jan - 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 28th, 29th
    Feb - 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 15th, 16th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 23rd, 24th
    Mar - 30th, 31st
    Nov - 26th, 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th
    Dec - 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 7th, 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Any chance of tonight's lotto numbers? Yer like Mystic Meg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement