Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Marlow wrote: »
    tringle wrote: »
    Conversion rate in Paypal, thanks all i will have a look
    But the bill was in euro and my revolut card also in euro. Does that mean paypal reverts to sterling as i can see why else there should be a conversion, totally confused now.

PayPal can not see, what your Revolut card currency is. They go by the sort code or prefix, that is associated with the card. And because Revolut currently is UK based, that is always going to be the UK, so GBP is the default.

PayPal just goes by that "assumption" and ****s your over .. hence you need to manually make sure, that PayPal does not use their currency conversion.

/M

Thanks i have it changed now but having a love hate relationship with my card. Some vendors request the issuing country of the card, what is the anwer to that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Thanks i have it changed now but having a love hate relationship with my card. Some vendors request the issuing country of the card, what is the anwer to that one.

UK. But if you have to supply a billing address, then it is of course Ireland .. if you live in Ireland. Welcome to a world without borders, where vendors make you aware, that there are borders and they absolutely want to enforce such borders.

Sure .. the cards are prepped somewhere in Eastern Europe and shipped from there.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

So they've officially announced Apple Pay support in June. Ireland on the list. Looking forward to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Was watching the revrally earlier in aswel...looking forward to the group vaults aswel which should be out in two weeks time.

Yeah, group vaults might be nice. Was there something about buying and selling stocks as well?

• Advertisement

A group vault??? So we could have a family vault for holiday savings, great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Yea...They where saying it you can have one admin of the group and the admin user will control users and see whats coming in and out. Looks good for saving.

Also you will be able to send money direct from the vault to your irish bank instead of having to stick it into your main revolut account then onto a bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Bummer1234 wrote: »

Yea...They where saying it you can have one admin of the group and the admin user will control users and see whats coming in and out. Looks good for saving.

Also you will be able to send money direct from the vault to your irish bank instead of having to stick it into your main revolut account then onto a bank.

I use my vaults for putting money away for direct debits. It would be nice if you could get Revolut to take from them directly for a given direct debit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

troyzer wrote: »
    I use my vaults for putting money away for direct debits. It would be nice if you could get Revolut to take from them directly for a given direct debit

Bunq offers you something like that by giving you several sub accounts with their own IBAN you can use for direct debits on them. Plus they tell you in advance about a direct debit coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I am disappointed that they did not launch the teased new premium card designs, they were some nice looking visa cards in the teasers in Instagram.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭coolclogher

Anybody having any issues with making bank transfers from your Revolut account over the last couple of days? I did one last night but still haven't got an e-mail to say it has been executed. Normally would get that e-mail around 7.30am

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Anywhere where I can see the outputs of this - sigh - RevRally? Sounds like some good stuff but can't see anything online about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Mr.S wrote: »
    Was thinking the same. They haven’t seem to have even announced the plan to roll out Apple Pay by June.

Honestly, I'm just keeping an eye on the beta release notes.

I was at a Rev Rally in Helsinki last summer where they talked about Apple Pay, Stock trading & Children's app. Still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

You can read more details here from people who were at the rally: https://community.revolut.com/t/apple-pay-support/181/2159

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Google Pay support for the Visa coming in May according to that

Mr.S wrote: »
    I wouldn’t trust Revolut with timeframes at all. Have they ever actually met a deadline?

Everything they announce gets delayed or stuck in a “coming soon” loop.

Well, the Apple Pay deadline is the most definite one yet. By the end of June, but yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if we're still without it in July.

Hi all, and thanks for all the help with questions i had. As ive said im having a love hate relationship with my card.
    I have a question relating to a specific purchse.

Last week i booked airline tickets through an airline. It wouldnt accept my Revolut card and offered a Paypal option specifically stating no Paypal fee would apply. The cost was €350. I have a booking ref and received my etickets.

This transaction is showing in Paypal with that booking ref and a transaction id but for €375.

And a Paypal transaction was pending in my Revolut account for 7 days and was confirmed last night but for €400.

I know Paypal do a conversion (and thanks i have that sorted) but an increase of €50 from vendor through Paypal to bank seems way to much.
    Has anyone any suggestions or advice before i call the airline and paypal and Revolut. I did spend 40 mins with Revolut last week trying to cancel the transaction when i saw it but they wouldnt.
    Thanks

Last week i booked airline tickets through an airline. It wouldnt accept my Revolut card and offered a Paypal option specifically stating no Paypal fee would apply. The cost was €350. I have a booking ref and received my etickets.

This transaction is showing in Paypal with that booking ref and a transaction id but for €375.

And a Paypal transaction was pending in my Revolut account for 7 days and was confirmed last night but for €400.

I know Paypal do a conversion (and thanks i have that sorted) but an increase of €50 from vendor through Paypal to bank seems way to much.
    Has anyone any suggestions or advice before i call the airline and paypal and Revolut. I did spend 40 mins with Revolut last week trying to cancel the transaction when i saw it but they wouldnt.
    Thanks

I'd say your issue is with Paypal, not Revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

This is more on PayPal than revolut. Like the previous poster said it would be PayPal's crap conversion rate which is the default and that's how they make money. Remember when paying always use the country's currency and let Revolut use their own exchange rate and not PayPal's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Hi,

I'm going to subscribe to something, you get the first month free then they charge your card (like Netflix), but I found 1 post on reddit where someone said they were being charged after they cancelled. Are Revoult good at handling issues like this, or would I be better off to use my BoI card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

My Netflix is on my Revolut card. Absolutely no bother with it. But I subscribe to Netflix so never cancel it after trial period.

Set up a virtual card and set a limit on it and then you can’t be charge more than that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Apologies if this has been asked before, I have used my Revolut card all over Europe the last 18 months without problems but I am heading to Japan for the first time later this year.

Will Revolut be widely accepted e.g. in restaurants, for train tickets etc? It is Visa if that makes a difference.

My Netflix is on my Revolut card. Absolutely no bother with it. But I subscribe to Netflix so never cancel it after trial period.

Set up a virtual card and set a limit on it and then you can’t be charge more than that

I just checked, there is no virtual cards on my free plan. Great idea though!

It's another steaming service, but am just worried about them overcharging. Are Revoult responsive to this sort of thing?

I just checked, there is no virtual cards on my free plan. Great idea though!

It's another steaming service, but am just worried about them overcharging. Are Revoult responsive to this sort of thing?

If you go to the cards tab in the app and slide the card over it should give you the option to add a virtual card. You're allowed one virtual card on a free plan. You could sign up for the service and then freeze the card. Also, with most, if not all, streaming services you can cancel as soon as you sign up and you still get the free month(s).

jakdublin wrote: »
    If you go to the cards tab in the app and slide the card over it should give you the option to add a virtual card. You're allowed one virtual card on a free plan. You could sign up for the service and then freeze the card. Also, with most, if not all, streaming services you can cancel as soon as you sign up and you still get the free month(s).

Thanks! That seemed to work, and it seems to be giving me an option to add a 2nd virtual card, did not try though. Hope I will not be charged?

So, how does it work, do I need to add funds to that, or does it tap into the same funds for my physical card?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mickoneill31

Thanks! That seemed to work, and it seems to be giving me an option to add a 2nd virtual card, did not try though. Hope I will not be charged?

So, how does it work, do I need to add funds to that, or does it tap into the same funds for my physical card?

You won't be charged. If you try to add a second virtual card it tells you it's €5.99 a card.

When you use the physical or virtual card the amount just comes off your main amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Calltocall

Anyone have issues using Revolut on the Just Eat App, keeps getting rejected saying bank rejected transaction? I have money on card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭yer man!

Apologies if this has been asked before, I have used my Revolut card all over Europe the last 18 months without problems but I am heading to Japan for the first time later this year.

Will Revolut be widely accepted e.g. in restaurants, for train tickets etc? It is Visa if that makes a difference.

Used mine all over the country. They don't use chip and pin there or contactless so everything is swiped. This can cause an issue with the card sometimes as the store assistant can be a bit too fast with the swipe and the transaction will fail. Bizarrely if you say "Yukkuri" they will swipe slowly and the transaction usually goes through.

Now there are occasions when the car would just not work at all, so I had to use my AIB credit card for these times, but 90% of the time the revolut card will work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

yer man! wrote: »
    Used mine all over the country. They don't use chip and pin there or contactless so everything is swiped. This can cause an issue with the card sometimes as the store assistant can be a bit too fast with the swipe and the transaction will fail. Bizarrely if you say "Yukkuri" they will swipe slowly and the transaction usually goes through.

Now there are occasions when the car would just not work at all, so I had to use my AIB credit card for these times, but 90% of the time the revolut card will work.

Thanks for the tip, I will have another debit card and a credit card with me so will use those if Revolut rejected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Used my Revolut in the Philippines recently. What a dream! No changing over any money, and the free 200euro ATM withdrawal got me by for the places that didn't accept card.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement