Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Marlow wrote:
    The banking license allows them to give credit facilities. Something we don't have anyhow currently.

Is it not the case that they need the bank licence to guarantee funds they hold are protected by EU guarantees?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

.G. wrote: »
    Is it not the case that they need the bank licence to guarantee funds they hold are protected by EU guarantees?

Yes. But they didn't have that either up until now. Not having the bank license just removes those extra bits. It's your risk at that point.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

dollylama wrote: »
    Anyone having problems adding funds to their Lottery account using Revolut?

It has worked fine for months but this past 2 days I'm getting "The transaction was declined. Please contact your bank." on the lottery website .... and nothing is showing on Revolut to indicate a declined transaction. It's only €20 I'm trying to add

You sure you have been using the Revolut card for topping up lotto? They have been quite insistent that you can't top up with a card from a non-Irish bank.

I've never been able to do it with Revolut or N26.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

.G. wrote: »

As far as I know, your money is held in a Llyods bank account in the UK. Revolut are just an emoney platform. They are not a bank.

Your money is covered in the Llyods account.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Aright lads,

I picked up a Garmin Vivoactive 3 about a week ago on an amazon flash sale.

Through a bit of research I found out that Garmin Pay supports Revolut Mastercard (not Revolut Visa cards). I emailed Revolut support to confirm and they told me that Garmin pay is in the Beta Testing stage.

I added my Revolut Mastercard to Garmin Pay and have been testing it all week and am happy to say it works flawlessly :)

On a side note I picked up the Garmin Watch for around €160 which is excellent value for money compared to the Apple watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Have some codes for a free card. They say you need to deposit a tenner but you can spend that or just transfer back into your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,845 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Aright lads,

Through a bit of research I found out that Garmin Pay supports Revolut Mastercard (not Revolut Visa cards). I emailed Revolut support to confirm and they told me that Garmin pay is in the Beta Testing stage.

I added my Revolut Mastercard to Garmin Pay and have been testing it all week and am happy to say it works flawlessly :)

On a side note I picked up the Garmin Watch for around €160 which is excellent value for money compared to the Apple watch.

It wouldn't work on my Vivoactive? What address did you enter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

Aright lads,

Revolut Mastercard also works on Fitbit Pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,066 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Sorry if its a dumb question, but I assume Revolut works at an ATM on the same premise as a regular bank card? And can be used in restaurants etc too? Mine arrived a month ago and I haven't used it yet-do I need to make a transaction with it first in order to verify it (like when getting a new bank card).

I don't want to be caught abroad after topping up my account but unable to access the cash :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Sorry if its a dumb question, but I assume Revolut works at an ATM on the same premise as a regular bank card? And can be used in restaurants etc too? Mine arrived a month ago and I haven't used it yet-do I need to make a transaction with it first in order to verify it (like when getting a new bank card).

I don't want to be caught abroad after topping up my account but unable to access the cash :D

Make sure verify your identity in the app settings.

Then top up and use it anywhere.

Much handier in restaurants etc if all your friends have one great app for bill splitting etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Used mine last night for the first time. Paid a portion of a restaurant bill, no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Used mine last night for the first time. Paid a portion of a restaurant bill, no issues.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Mr.S wrote: »
    The only time Revolut doesn't work, is with some 'offline' payment terminals like some vending machines, unmanned petrol stations etc. It's rare though.

And An Post too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    And An Post too.

That's because the Revolut card is classed "Credit Card" or sometimes "Prepaid Card". An Post only takes Debit cards.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 8,792 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Marlow wrote: »
    That's because the Revolut card is classed "Credit Card" or sometimes "Prepaid Card". An Post only takes Debit cards.

/M

I bet they accept their own pre paid card

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I bet they accept their own pre paid card

Yup, the multi-currency card is coded as prepaid debit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

I scrolled back a bit and read the last persons problem with the Paypal charge, but im trying to add my Revolut physical card to Paypal and i click ADD and bam i get the 1 dollar charge (i know why) but paypal wont accept my card saying "The billing address you entered is invalid. Please confirm the billing address associated with this card and try again." But i have matched it EXACTLY how it is on my revolut account....

Anyone else have this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I had a problem adding my card to paypal too, because I kept adding my eircode to the end of my address on paypal, whereas on revolut, it was at the start. Could that be the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

I had this issue aswel and never got to try and add it to Paypal, Would it be something to do with be a UK card or anything? Im anyone as a solution i would also like to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,792 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

BKWDR wrote: »
    I scrolled back a bit and read the last persons problem with the Paypal charge, but im trying to add my Revolut physical card to Paypal and i click ADD and bam i get the 1 dollar charge (i know why) but paypal wont accept my card saying "The billing address you entered is invalid. Please confirm the billing address associated with this card and try again." But i have matched it EXACTLY how it is on my revolut account....

Anyone else have this problem?

Are you putting the card as your main bank on PayPal or just an additional card, I did the latter and it was fine and then selected it to be primary payment option

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,280 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

No problem adding to Paypal

_Godot_ wrote: »
    I had a problem adding my card to paypal too, because I kept adding my eircode to the end of my address on paypal, whereas on revolut, it was at the start. Could that be the problem?
    Bummer1234 wrote: »
    I had this issue aswel and never got to try and add it to Paypal, Would it be something to do with be a UK card or anything? Im anyone as a solution i would also like to know.
    OmegaGene wrote: »
    Are you putting the card as your main bank on PayPal or just an additional card, I did the latter and it was fine and then selected it to be primary payment option

Worked it out, had to add so many variations of it. Multiple 1$ charges which will be returned. Ended up the EIRCODE in the wrong place and although Leinster was in the revolut address Paypal didnt want to know about it. Got it sorted, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Worked it out, had to add so many variations of it. Multiple 1$ charges which will be returned. Ended up the EIRCODE in the wrong place and although Leinster was in the revolut address Paypal didnt want to know about it. Got it sorted, thanks!

Just got it myself, Enter your eircode into the town/city column(With rest of address in previous columns) and i entered EIRE into Eircode section and it worked.

Unless there is another thread elsewhere compiling a list of ways that you can avail of a service cheaper by using revolut / n26 (on the basis that you are temporarily living in that country) and paying in another currency.

I know there is a Netflix thread but I was looking at how different services are priced comparison with Euro V USD. For instance, Down Dog Yoga app, the yearly charge is 52e but if I pay in dollars via revolut AND I was in the US when I paid it amounts to 32e.

Are there any other similar circumstances that you have all found in your travels, no matter how small?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Unless there is another thread elsewhere compiling a list of ways that you can avail of a service cheaper by using revolut / n26 (on the basis that you are temporarily living in that country) and paying in another currency.

I know there is a Netflix thread but I was looking at how different services are priced comparison with Euro V USD. For instance, Down Dog Yoga app, the yearly charge is 52e but if I pay in dollars via revolut AND I was in the US when I paid it amounts to 32e.

Are there any other similar circumstances that you have all found in your travels, no matter how small?

Subscribing to the Economist.
    A good 10% delta from what I remember.

Also you can access UK iTunes (so get the TV shows through it)

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

I had the problem with paypal. My paypal address was old and pre eircode so refused to to take address with eircode included as card address. I just left it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭ppn

How do I use the Revolut physical card to pay? Does the app automatically take the amount paid from whatever accounts you have on the app? Say if I have the equivalent of €20 in the GBP and 20 in the Euro accounts, will the physical card automatically use both accounts doing any conversion needed to make up €35, for example? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭TheChizler

The full amount has to be taken from a single balance, it can't automatically spread it across balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

You have to have the full amount to cover the transaction in one currency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭ppn

I thought Revolut automatically does the conversion for you? Did I not read that elsewhere in this thread or am I missing something? (Or is it just that you need sufficient funds in any currency in a single account? Example; f I have €100 in my account and make a purchase in USD, the app will do the conversion from here and take the necessary amount?)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement