Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Revolut just charged me €6.43 for topping up using a business Visa Debit. Anyone have that before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Synode wrote: »
    Revolut just charged me €6.43 for topping up using a business Visa Debit. Anyone have that before

You sure it was Revolut who charged you and not your business bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Synode wrote: »

Commerical Cards like a Visa Business Debit Card occur charges when topping up, personal cards do not.

https://www.revolut.com/en-IE/help/transaction-issues/top-ups/why-was-i-charged-a-fee-for-my-top-up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭TheChizler

jakdublin wrote: »
    You sure it was Revolut who charged you and not your business bank?
    This was common until PSD2 banned charging consumers a surcharge for using debit and credit cards, but it doesn't apply to business cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Group vaults have just landed. Nice one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

My account got limited 2 days ago, after I added a an additional debit card for topping up and did a SEPA transfer into my revolut account from that same account.

I use Revolut mostly for online purchases and currency transactions.

So they wanted ... 3 payslips, last tax return, copies of the statements of the other bank accounts.

I told them, that they could have the payslips, but my bank statements and my tax return were none of their business. Any more info could be used for identity theft.

Funny thing ... a few hours later the limitation was lifted again without me providing anything. I guess their automatic sh!te is too aggressive at flagging things and they know it.

/M

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Wow Marlow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Hello everyone,

In a previous post, I mentioned how I can no longer use Revolut with PayPal, since PayPal would not accept a Revolut Visa.
    Someone here suggested that I add the Revolut account to PayPal instead, and I did. However, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see how this is useful. PayPal sees my account as Euro, and I do not have any currency conversion options when I try to make a payment. Today, I purchased something from a UK site, and PayPal wanted to charge a Euro amount to my Revolut account, without giving me the option to change the currency.
    As such, I don't see the usefulness at all. Prior to this, I had my Revolut Mastercard registered, and it allowed me to pay in the currency of the store, so that Revolut would do the conversions. This no longer seems to be possible, after my Mastercard expired and I only have Revolut Visa.

Am I doing it wrong?
    Thanks for all your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    My revolut card is broken.?

Not sure if this is any use to you or not but might be a workaround...

I just successfully added my VISA Revolut card to GPay / Google Pay. Previously only Mastercard Revolut cards were supported.

Well Done Revolut...

App version updated to 5.48 - not sure if thats relevant or not.

Now I have a choice of paying with either my Mastercard or Visa on GPAY -- all from the same wallet. (Am I a geek?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭Kat1170

JoyPad wrote:
    In a previous post, I mentioned how I can no longer use Revolut with PayPal, since PayPal would not accept a Revolut Visa. Someone here suggested that I add the Revolut account to PayPal instead, and I did. However, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see how this is useful. PayPal sees my account as Euro, and I do not have any currency conversion options when I try to make a payment. Today, I purchased something from a UK site, and PayPal wanted to charge a Euro amount to my Revolut account, without giving me the option to change the currency. As such, I don't see the usefulness at all. Prior to this, I had my Revolut Mastercard registered, and it allowed me to pay in the currency of the store, so that Revolut would do the conversions. This no longer seems to be possible, after my Mastercard expired and I only have Revolut Visa.

Check post No. 7949

• Advertisement

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Check post No. 7949

Click here #7949

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭derekbro

I was just able to add my Revolut visa to Google pay also!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

derekbro wrote: »

Thanks. Same here.

Check post No. 7949

That doesn't work for Revolut Bank Account, only for credit cards.

To recap: I cannot add a Revolut card to PayPal, as it is rejected. PayPal Customer Support told me they no longer support prepaid cards. I added the Revolut Bank Account as a funding source, but there are no conversion options for this.

I followed the steps in that post, but the Revolut account does not appear, just my BoI credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

JoyPad wrote: »

To recap: I cannot add a Revolut card to PayPal, as it is rejected. PayPal Customer Support told me they no longer support prepaid cards. I added the Revolut Bank Account as a funding source, but there are no conversion options for this.

I followed the steps in that post, but the Revolut account does not appear, just my BoI credit card.

1. Log in to Paypal
    2. Wallet
    3. Add currency - GBP
    4. Make it primary currency.

Your default probably is in EUR.
    But yes for every check out make sure to be paying in the Currency of the country and do not let Paypal do the conversion for you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭Kat1170

I would have thought that any Debit card is technically prepaid :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

has your revolut account been verified? it won't show until its been "confirmed" on paypal.
    they take a small payment out to check its valid, did that happen?

5star02707 wrote: »
    1. Log in to Paypal
    2. Wallet
    3. Add currency - GBP
    4. Make it primary currency.

Still no joy.

This is what the checkout looks like. When I had the MasterCard, there used to be a link right under the currency conversion rate, where I could choose the currency of the transaction. Not present for the Revolut bank account.
    Kamili wrote: »
    has your revolut account been verified? it won't show until its been "confirmed" on paypal.
    they take a small payment out to check its valid, did that happen?

Yes, I did that.

I thought so too, but Ricky from Revolut support said no.
    See chat attached.

Still no joy.
    ......there used to be a link right under the currency conversion rate, where I could choose the currency of the transaction. Not present for the Revolut bank account.

Do you have a local GB account in revolut? Something with a sort code similar to 04-00-75. Might be worth trying to add this to Paypay as a sterling account. [ACTUALLY I just tried and its not possible to get an IBAN for the local GBP account so this isn't possible]

I just tried adding by 2nd Revolut card (VISA) to paypal there now and it worked.

It took a few goes to get the address in a format that worked with paypal so persevere. I used IRELAND as my postcode in the paypal address and "# road", "area", "county" as other fields. Also managed to confirm the card and get the 4 digit code.... Hmmm what use is a second Revolut card linked with Paypal :-)

FYI - My address in the Revolut App is in the following format:-
    "# road", "County","area", IE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

My PayPal says I can't send money to my revolut anymore. Both MasterCard AND visa.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    My PayPal says I can't send money to my revolut anymore. Both MasterCard AND visa.

For this, you can register the Revolut account, using the Swift and IBAN.

For this, you can register the Revolut account, using the Swift and IBAN.

Gave it a go there.
    .just tell me they can't do the process right no so it doesn't work for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Gooser14

derekbro wrote:

I was able to add my Revolut Visa card yesterday also. It took 2 attempts. I used Google Pay successfully today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Been trying to add mine but not receiving any verification code & now says a code can no longer be used. Will try again later and see how I get on

No. There are 2 types of cards: Credit and Debit. Then there is a differentiation between normal and prepaid.

Revolut is a Credit Card with prepaid "tag".

That's weird. Because I have my Revolut card added to my PayPal. No problem. It's the virtual one.

/M

Oh .. and I can also confirm, that Google Pay now works with the Revolut Visa card.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Been trying to add mine but not receiving any verification code & now says a code can no longer be used. Will try again later and see how I get on

Tried this again and still no code. Don't understand it, number is correct in Revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭muchos04

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Anyone know can this be used for gaming/gambling? Have emailed but thought I'd ask anyways to see if anyones tried.

Thanks a lot guys. I’ll take a look

• Advertisement

Trying to add revolut to my PayPal is impossible.

Says something about invalid address. Yet it's exactly typed as it is on revolut. It still takes a €1 PayPal every attempt..

My IBAN doesn't work neither. Just tells me to try again later.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement