Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Muahahaha wrote: »
    can I ask that when you signed up for it on the app did you ever get any kind of confirmation screen saying that they are sending you a card out? I just filled out all details, address, etc and clicked confirm but the app never really made crystal clear that they are posting one out, it just went onto the next screen which has me a bit worried. Have tried to add a debit card too but am currently waiting on the verification code to show up on my bank statement before I can enter it into Curve to validate it.

As far as I remember all the app does after signing up is show a shipping/waiting status (or something similar) but yes, it wasn't totally clear that a card was on the way. You should be able to add your Revolut card straight away. I added another credit card and a debit card too. Had a bit of trouble with the debit card and it took a couple. of validation codes before it went through. I should have posted a link to the Curve card and we'd have got €5 each!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Got a new BOI card and now you have to enter the cvv and use 3DS when topping up (apparently it’s Revolut doing it not BOI). It’s a pain in the hole, loved that you could top up in seconds even if at the till and realizing you are short money in Revolut, now you have to wait for a text with the one time pass word which after 3 resends still won’t come so I can’t top up.

Very annoying that they didn’t just leave it as is for one touch top ups with all details saved and no 3DS.
    hm, i had that happen on older BOI card, but after first 3D verification it didnt popup again,and other topups went as usual.

scamalert wrote: »
    hm, i had that happen on older BOI card, but after first 3D verification it didnt popup again,and other topups went as usual.

It’s happened me twice now so I’ll see on the next top up if it’s still happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

You will only have to do that a few times. I'm not sure of their algorithm but it seems to become a 'trusted' card or something after a few top ups. Happened to me when topping up with my N26 card when I first got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,639 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

jakdublin wrote: »
    As far as I remember all the app does after signing up is show a shipping/waiting status (or something similar) but yes, it wasn't totally clear that a card was on the way. You should be able to add your Revolut card straight away. I added another credit card and a debit card too. Had a bit of trouble with the debit card and it took a couple. of validation codes before it went through. I should have posted a link to the Curve card and we'd have got €5 each!

yeah I found the same, things could have been clearer after I clicked Confirm. I tried to add a debit card straight away so let Curve charge me a euro so it shows up on my statement with a verification code to enter on the app. Still waiting for it to show up on my statement, the app said it can take up to three days to processbefore it shows up. Thanks again for the info, its a pity we missed out on the referral bounty !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Greg81

Hello,

Quick question. Does person who is inviting another person (via referral link) gains anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Greg81 wrote: »
    Hello,

Quick question. Does person who is inviting another person (via referral link) gains anything?

Usually not. When they invite you via the app to invite people sometimes you have a week to invite people which lets you try get metal membership free for a year. You have to invite and sign up 5 people.
    Other banks offer money - in N26s case st Christmas they were giving €30 per successful signup

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Polka King of_the Midwest

Got a new BOI card and now you have to enter the cvv and use 3DS when topping up (apparently it’s Revolut doing it not BOI). It’s a pain in the hole, loved that you could top up in seconds even if at the till and realizing you are short money in Revolut, now you have to wait for a text with the one time pass word which after 3 resends still won’t come so I can’t top up.

Very annoying that they didn’t just leave it as is for one touch top ups with all details saved and no 3DS.

I'm having the exact same problem when trying to top up. I'm not receiving any texts from Mastercard. I've checked with my mobile provider (gave them the times when I tried topping up) as well and they said they couldn't see any evidence of texts being sent to my phone. It's very frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I'm having the exact same problem when trying to top up. I'm not receiving any texts from Mastercard. I've checked with my mobile provider (gave them the times when I tried topping up) as well and they said they couldn't see any evidence of texts being sent to my phone. It's very frustrating!

Are you with Virgin Mobile?

Are you with Virgin Mobile?

No, I'm with 3. I get texts from my bank fine. My bank confirmed to me that the texts I'm not receiving are sent from Mastercard. 3 have no records of any of the texts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Trying to set up a bank transfer to someone, double checked the IBAN and BIC but the"confirm beneficiary" pink button won't work when I put in the information. Wonder could it be because I'm outside of Ireland at the moment. Anyone else come across this ??

Trying to set up a bank transfer to someone, double checked the IBAN and BIC but the"confirm beneficiary" pink button won't work when I put in the information. Wonder could it be because I'm outside of Ireland at the moment. Anyone else come across this ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,725 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Kat1170 wrote: »

Is there a location based security option that you can turn off?

McGaggs wrote:
    Is there a location based security option that you can turn off?

It's off, I'll try turning it on just incase.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Question regarding€200 withdraw from ATM....

I tried it before and it came up in sterling and wanted to charge quite a bit is there a way I should be doing it differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Question regarding€200 withdraw from ATM....

I tried it before and it came up in sterling and wanted to charge quite a bit is there a way I should be doing it differently.

Always use the currency of the country you're in.

If you're in Ireland and it gives you the option of euro or sterling, take euro.

If you're in the UK, take sterling.

If you're in the states, take dollars.

Rince and repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

troyzer wrote: »

If you're in Ireland and it gives you the option of euro or sterling, take euro.

Rince and repeat.

Thanks thought that alright but didn't see the option on the ATM I used.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

troyzer wrote: »

Rince and repeat.

Thanks thought that alright but didn't see the option on the ATM I used.

If it says something like "Would you like your account to be debited in sterling?" Say no. Always say no.

I tried again a few hours later and strangely I got all the texts in one go then, 3 from earlier in the day and the one for the most recent attempt. I managed to top up then answer I have made one other top up since and I got the message straight away that time.

I’m with eir so it’s not a 3 or virgin issue.

I tried again a few hours later and strangely I got all the texts in one go then, 3 from earlier in the day and the one for the most recent attempt. I managed to top up then answer I have made one other top up since and I got the message straight away that time.

I’m with eir so it’s not a 3 or virgin issue.

It must be a Mastercard issue so. It happened again today when I tried to buy something on the Debenhams website. The stupid thing popped up and I never got the text. It is making my card unusable. Same thing happened when trying to top up my leap card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

When using Revolut on Amazon.co.uk to purchase an item in Sterling do I need to transfer money from my Euro account into my Sterling account and then pay or does the app do the conversion automatically using the best exchange rate.

I presume I should not convert the Sterling price to Euros on Amazon.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

When using Revolut on Amazon.co.uk to purchase an item in Sterling do I need to transfer money from my Euro account into my Sterling account and then pay or does the app do the conversion automatically using the best exchange rate.

No need to transfer. Revolut will take care if it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Pay in sterling on Amazon. No need to do anything with Revolut. It'll automatically exchange the correct amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

No need to transfer. Revolut will take care if it.
    Wheety wrote: »
    Pay in sterling on Amazon. No need to do anything with Revolut. It'll automatically exchange the correct amount.

Thanks Lads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

such a good time to be paying in pounds at the moment

1 euro = GBP 0.88

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

My revolut card is broken.

Does anyone know if I order a new card, can I keep the same number?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    My revolut card is broken.

Does anyone know if I order a new card, can I keep the same number?
    dont think so, no bank gives same card numbers would apply same to prepaid cards as revolut id imagine as well, as a safety measure either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

5star02707 wrote: »
    such a good time to be paying in pounds at the moment

1 euro = GBP 0.88

Only going to get better over the next week or more

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭TheChizler

scamalert wrote: »
    dont think so, no bank gives same card numbers would apply same to prepaid cards as revolut id imagine as well, as a safety measure either way.
    Any time I've broken my debit card AIB sends the exact same one, expiry and all. Possibly a new CVV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

TheChizler wrote: »
    Any time I've broken my debit card AIB sends the exact same one, expiry and all. Possibly a new CVV.

Same.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement