Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Marlow wrote: »
    No. You get a sort-code and account number with your GBP account, if you have it activated. It's for UK local transfers.

In the app go to "More" -> "Profile" -> "Account Details" -> "GBP".

It will be in there.

/M

Ah yes I see it now, cheers. I only use the card for day to day spending to keep my Visa Debit offline and away from card machines (Revolut is the only place it's registered for topping up) so I hadn't used the account stuff at all.

Ends in 75 also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

Hi by any chance has anyone here are managed to add their Revolut card to Garmin pay successfully?

I managed to add my KBC debit card no problem, but any time I try with Revolut, I get an error message saying it's not currently supported on Garmin pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

RHJ wrote: »
    Hi by any chance has anyone here are managed to add their Revolut card to Garmin pay successfully?

I managed to add my KBC debit card no problem, but any time I try with Revolut, I get an error message saying it's not currently supported on Garmin pay.
    I don't think it's supported

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Have you tried both MasterCard and Visa cards ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

RHJ wrote: »

Only KBC and Boon are supported on Garmin Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,669 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I’m still waiting for my passport for I popped over to Revolut blog to see what the plan is now the brexit fiasco is delayed and there isn’t a no deal Brexit and here’s what they said

“If the UK and the EU strike a deal, or if there’s a period of transitional relief, then nothing should change on our side. We would continue to passport our UK authorised permissions (via Revolut Ltd) across Europe, and there would be no action required on your side.”

So no rush with my passport then. :cool:

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Wheety wrote:
    Anyone know when we're getting the new UK account numbers?

I got mine on 29 March.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭geminiman63

Just got this email from Revolut ...

You're probably Reesly sick of hearing about Brexit by now. We understand. It's all very Merkely and confusing.

We're sorry to Boris you with more Brexit stuff, but please don't send this email to your Juncker folder. We have an important message you May want to hear.

For now, all our politicians have stopped having a Barnier about what deal to sign. This is good news. It means that you'll stay as part of our UK entity for the foreseeable future, and that you don’t need to do anything on your side for now. There's a Chancellor this will change in the future, but we will keep you up to date as developments continue.

We suggest that you celebrate by using your Revolut card to go out and buy a sweet treat. Maybe a strawberry Macron.

So panic for my passport to process is off ....

Ha ha
    I was just coming to post that very thing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

I groaned. But enjoyed. They just about pulled it off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

For anyone who’s travelled to the US with this, how do you find it? Any issues with it being accepted? I’ve swipe enabled on it which should help.

I’m traveling for 14 days in the US, am I better to load the majority of spending money onto the card, and keep a few hundred in cash, or what did you find works best?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Mr.S wrote: »
    Card all the way. Some offline terminals like gas stations and public transport machines might not work, but other than that you'll be fine.

Thanks. Card it is then. I’ll keep a few hundred in cash for tips etc and load the rest onto the card. Is it mainly swipe and sign they use ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Just got this email from Revolut ...

You're probably Reesly sick of hearing about Brexit by now. We understand. It's all very Merkely and confusing.

We're sorry to Boris you with more Brexit stuff, but please don't send this email to your Juncker folder. We have an important message you May want to hear.

For now, all our politicians have stopped having a Barnier about what deal to sign. This is good news. It means that you'll stay as part of our UK entity for the foreseeable future, and that you don’t need to do anything on your side for now. There's a Chancellor this will change in the future, but we will keep you up to date as developments continue.

We suggest that you celebrate by using your Revolut card to go out and buy a sweet treat. Maybe a strawberry Macron.

So panic for my passport to process is off ....

So thats the end of bloody ten a day reminders from Revolut :rolleyes:

NATLOR wrote: »
    So thats the end of bloody ten a day reminders from Revolut :rolleyes:

And how many people pi55ed away money getting passports

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭J_A_F_A

For anyone who’s travelled to the US with this, how do you find it? Any issues with it being accepted? I’ve swipe enabled on it which should help.

I’m traveling for 14 days in the US, am I better to load the majority of spending money onto the card, and keep a few hundred in cash, or what did you find works best?

Thanks

A tip posted last year about turning off location based security worked for one of my offspring during her stay in the US over the winter. The card was being randomly declined until the location based security was turned off. No problems after that.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107521582&postcount=5597

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

J_A_F_A wrote: »
    A tip posted last year about turning off location based security worked for one of my offspring during her stay in the US over the winter. The card was being randomly declined until the location based security was turned off. No problems after that.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107521582&postcount=5597

Yeah, it's great in theory but never works properly and is better left off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

OmegaGene wrote: »
    And how many people pi55ed away money getting passports

You might still have to get that sorted. You just have a bit more time now.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 9,407 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Yeah, it's great in theory but never works properly and is better left off.
    I found it worked OK in the US as long as you had a data connection, WiFi or otherwise. Terrible here regardless of what you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

Hey folks,

Probably a stupid question, but wondering if I want to put money into my Revolut Turkish account from my Revolut Euro account, do I just do an exchange and it will go into the account. Cant seem to see an obvious way to just transfer between my accounts. Cheers

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Chieftain wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Probably a stupid question, but wondering if I want to put money into my Revolut Turkish account from my Revolut Euro account, do I just do an exchange and it will go into the account. Cant seem to see an obvious way to just transfer between my accounts. Cheers

Yes. I think technically you only have one account with Revolut but it holds multiple currencies at the same time. So there is no transferring between accounts just currencies.

• Advertisement

Chieftain wrote: »
    Hey folks,

when you exchange the currency it sets up a balance in that currency and you can swipe between the various currencies to check spending and balance, its quite cool actually and i have five currencies at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

when you exchange the currency it sets up a balance in that currency and you can swipe between the various currencies to check spending and balance, its quite cool actually and i have five currencies at the moment

Nice one, thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Thanks

It's perfect. Some places may take a while to process and actually come out of your account, usually bars and restaurants as they often process the payment later as they check if there's a tip to be added. So it's good to have cash for tips instead.

I was caught out with 2 or 3 payments that brought my account into negative territory as didn't have cash on us a couple of times so added the tip to the bill and the payment was processed after we returned home with the tips added.

As someone said, it won't work in some places like the pumps at petrol stations so you need to go into the cashier to pay first.

Relatively few places use contactless. In fact one place that did, despite it appearing the transaction went through on their terminal, it never got as far as Revlout. It was a hotel bar and they had our credit card details anyway and it eventually showed up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Anybody else have $1 from Paypal taken from their account. Payment is marked as pending. Just happened to both me and my OH an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

jakdublin wrote: »
    Anybody else have $1 from Paypal taken from their account. Payment is marked as pending. Just happened to both me and my OH an hour ago.

Do you use PayPal?
    Had you done any updates?

If not block card.

Do you use PayPal?
    Had you done any updates?

If not block card.

Payment was just reversed. Just odd that it happened both me and the mrs at around the same time, but in separate locations.

jakdublin wrote: »
    Payment was just reversed. Just odd that it happened both me and the mrs at around the same time, but in separate locations.

A $1 payment and then reversal sounds like a test by PayPal that the card was legit when it was added
    If you didn’t add the card then keep an eye on it

A $1 payment and then reversal sounds like a test by PayPal that the card was legit when it was added
    If you didn’t add the card then keep an eye on it

Added the card to Paypal about a month ago and went through that process then. No idea why it happened again.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Despite having my Revolut card attached to my Amazon account for years, I still get charged the pending £1 every time I order! It falls off after about a week at the most.

• Advertisement

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Despite having my Revolut card attached to my Amazon account for years, I still get charged the pending £1 every time I order! It falls off after about a week at the most.

That is an amazon security check nothing to do with Revolut

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201895660

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement