Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Something I have been trying to do for the last few days It would be helpful if there app actully fcuking worked on IOS and opened and stopped crashing so I could do it.

Never crashes for me. Maybe an issue with your phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Effects wrote: »
    Never crashes for me. Maybe an issue with your phone?

Was crashing for me also but they have a update in the app store now to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bummer1234 wrote: »

Just checked and the update is there I'll update now.

Thanks for the helpful heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BlondeBomb

This ID verification notification I keep getting is asking me to upload new ID as driving license is no longer acceptable. When I joined I signed up with my Passport.. why are they asking me to reupload with new ID? Is it a mistake on their side or does everyone have to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

BlondeBomb wrote: »
    This ID verification notification I keep getting is asking me to upload new ID as driving license is no longer acceptable. When I joined I signed up with my Passport.. why are they asking me to reupload with new ID? Is it a mistake on their side or does everyone have to do it?

Bad messaging from their side. If you get the email or app notification you need to upload PASSPORT, national ID or permanent residence card and take a selfie so that they can comply with the rules for their new EU electronic money license.

Make sure the selfie shows your eyes clearly so that they can compare it to the document easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BlondeBomb

Thanks.

They already have my passport though and I took a selfie at time of signing up to it.

I know not a huge issue but it’s a small hassle going through it again.

I thought this was only aimed at people who joined with Drivers License as ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

BlondeBomb wrote: »
    Thanks.

They already have my passport though and I took a selfie at time of signing up to it.

I know not a huge issue but it’s a small hassle going through it again.

I thought this was only aimed at people who joined with Drivers License as ID.

Same here, and going through chat got me nowhere - they still want me to re-verify..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Sono

App has gone to ****e for me the past week or so, fingerprint log in and it just freezes on the log in screen, have the latest version from App Store but very much hit and miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Sono

Mr.S wrote: »
    Same for me but iPhone X and FaceID - just hangs in the login screen. Very annoying.

And I verified my ID again a few days ago and they sent me another email to update my ID.

Glad to hear it’s not just me having this issue, very annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

i verified mine and another fam IDs yesterday message said will take 72hrs to verify but then notification came in like 30 seconds that id was verified in both cases, but still got another notification 30mins later to verify id which seems have to disappeared now :confused:

is there some another notification to come about id being verified or the ones i gotten 30sec after uploading selfie passport was it ?
    As seemed way to fast given 72hr statement.

not having issues like others thou apps working fine on android phones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

I too had to upload my passport again and received both the 72 hour delay thing, followed a few hours later by actual confirmation of my successful identity notification. This was on Monday.

Still getting the email demands to upload a new identification as I haven't complied ... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

I'm getting sick of their constant barrage of messages and emails about the reverification thing. I'll get to it if/when I can!

Is passport the only real option we have? Tried my Public Services card but they just gave me a "Not accepted" message without any details why.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

PSC isn't a valid ID anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

maximoose wrote: »
    PSC isn't a valid ID anywhere

Except for most of our public services like driving license, passport (first time and soon for renewals) and a few other things ....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

xckjoo wrote: »
    Except for most of our public services

Ah well yes, the clue is in the name :)

For AML though- nowhere will take it. As to why, lack of DoB most likely. Bizarrely not accepted as proof of PPSN either.

I reverified at the weekend with my passport but am also still getting emails to verify, quite annoying now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

ted1 wrote: »
    Anyone experience problems open your app since the last update. (Using iOS)
    Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Just checked and the update is there I'll update now.

Thanks for the helpful heads up.
    Sono wrote: »
    App has gone to ****e for me the past week or so, fingerprint log in and it just freezes on the log in screen, have the latest version from App Store but very much hit and miss.
    Mr.S wrote: »
    Same for me but iPhone X and FaceID - just hangs in the login screen. Very annoying.

It's an issue they are aware of on IOS.
    I was told on twitter support to uninstall and reinstall the app (version 5.41) and that fixed the issue for me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,903 ✭✭✭✭GBX

RoYoBo wrote: »
    I too had to upload my passport again and received both the 72 hour delay thing, followed a few hours later by actual confirmation of my successful identity notification. This was on Monday.

Still getting the email demands to upload a new identification as I haven't complied ... :(

Im the same. I got asked to update my details, I uploaded a copy of my passport card. They got back to me saying they needed it again this time both sides. Did that and it was apparantley approved. Another email saying "for whatever reason I havent updated my details" Very patronising IMO.
    Has anybody used their passport card to verify their details?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭shanec1928

GBX wrote: »
    Im the same. I got asked to update my details, I uploaded a copy of my passport card. They got back to me saying they needed it again this time both sides. Did that and it was apparantley approved. Another email saying "for whatever reason I havent updated my details" Very patronising IMO.
    Has anybody used their passport card to verify their details?
    i done the same they see the passport card as a national id in the ned just uploaded my actual passport, was getting nowhere with support about having it already approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭alwald

GBX wrote:
    Im the same. I got asked to update my details, I uploaded a copy of my passport card. They got back to me saying they needed it again this time both sides. Did that and it was apparantley approved. Another email saying "for whatever reason I havent updated my details" Very patronising IMO. Has anybody used their passport card to verify their details?

I did the same then, as the poster above, I was asked this week to upload it as ID and provide both side and it has been approved and I haven't been asked for anything else yet.

Worse case scenario I will send them my passport next time in case I am asked again as I have no desire to argue with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

shanec1928 wrote: »
    i done the same they see the passport card as a national id in the ned just uploaded my actual passport, was getting nowhere with support about having it already approved.

Yeah I tried the passport card, and it was rejected,

Used my normal passport, and all good now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Arbie

Used passport card yesterday and was accepted within a couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Arbie wrote:

Likewise, uploaded the picture page of the passport, no issues since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

rushfan wrote: »
    Likewise, uploaded the picture page of the passport, no issues since.
    Arbie wrote: »

I did and it was accepted within 10 mins, but after about 5 days, they came back looking for the original passport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Haven't read back as I've missed heaps of pages but is anyone else getting hassled to verify again even though they did?

I got a notification to upload new selfie and ID last week (some brexit guff), which I did, and I got a confirmation notification that it was accepted. This week I've been getting constant notifications to update the app (it's up to date) and upload a selfie and ID even though it's done. There's not even anywhere in the app any more for me to do it. And then today I got a snotty email from them asking why "for whatever reason" I haven't done it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,442 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I ended up with a minus balance because I forgot to top up my card for a nowtv payment. Is it normal practice for them to process a payment when you don't have funds on the card?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

I ended up with a minus balance because I forgot to top up my card for a nowtv payment. Is it normal practice for them to process a payment when you don't have funds on the card?

You have 7 days to clear it. If you don't they probably freeze your account. Within those 7 days, they can still deny that payment, so they'll be grand. You won't :)

/M

Strange, I’ve one or two sterling subscriptions setup with Revolut and it’s declined instantly anytime I’ve not had sufficent funds to cover the payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Strange, I’ve one or two sterling subscriptions setup with Revolut and it’s declined instantly anytime I’ve not had sufficent funds to cover the payment.

It happens with some pre-authorized subscriptions, that then cancel off and later get authorized anyhow. It's because they get claimed past the pre-auth period.

They've pretty much got on top of most of that, but I have seen it before.

The good thing is, that Revolut is fairly lenient about it. You know what's on your card and what you have spend. So it is your problem to ensure funds are there.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I got my new passport in 2 days of applying for it online,... Seen as so many are having issues with updating their Revoult account I'm not going to update my account (ID) until the last minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I got my new passport in 2 days of applying for it online,... Seen as so many are having issues with updating their Revoult account I'm not going to update my account (ID) until the last minute.

Did you get full passport or card.
    I guess card and hope they except it.

I'm in the same boat and don't want to pay for a full passport as mine is our of date.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement