Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

OmegaGene wrote: »
    No it’s working fine for me, have you updated since the 26th

Yea all up to date for me after with version 5.40, Running on latest ios also that came out last week
    Yes I’ve been having trouble over the weekend on and off. Can’t get past pin page it just freezes. And I end up deleting the app and reinstalling.

After most recent install, it looks like lots of issues with the app but they’re fixing it

Yea thats exactly what happens to me...Enter pin/Face ID and freezes and just crashes out, I see the app issues thing coming up now unless they see it themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭WealthyB

I'm one of the users who submitted drivers licence as ID, Revolt have been prompting me to re-submit my ID.

Trouble is, my passport expired and only today have I applied for a new one.

BE WARNED: I've just spoken with Revolt, and the agent advised me that come April 12th if there is a no-deal brexit, my account would be suspended if I've not submitted new ID details by then.

Something to be mindful of - in a race against time now with the Passport office.

Edit: now they are saying people will have a few days lieu, but it's vague. Eitherway I'd be requesting that replacement passport ASAP if you're in the same boat as me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

WealthyB wrote: »
    I'm one of the users who submitted drivers licence as ID, Revolt have been prompting me to re-submit my ID.

Trouble is, my passport expired and only today have I applied for a new one.

BE WARNED: I've just spoken with Revolt, and the agent advised me that come April 12th if there is a no-deal brexit, my account would be suspended if I've not submitted new ID details by then.

Something to be mindful of - in a race against time now with the Passport office.

Edit: now they are saying people will have a few days lieu, but it's vague. Eitherway I'd be requesting that replacement passport ASAP if you're in the same boat as me!

i haven't submitted any docs thou gets promts all the time for passport, but their last emails stated it was until 22nd of May, that accounts will be stable till that date, unless they changed their mind again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

It all depends on Brexit and Revolut don’t know for sure if or when a no deal will happen

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Gooser14

scamalert wrote:
    i haven't submitted any docs thou gets promts all the time for passport, but their last emails stated it was until 22nd of May, that accounts will be stable till that date, unless they changed their mind again.

The 22 May date is with regard to the change over to the new account number & sort code. The old account number will be deactivated on 22 May. I believe there is no connection between the new account & sort code & the requirement to submit new ID.

• Advertisement

Gooser14 wrote: »
    The 22 May date is with regard to the change over to the new account number & sort code. The old account number will be deactivated on 22 May. I believe there is no connection between the new account & sort code & the requirement to submit new ID.

I have the new account number and sort code on mine now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Yeah, got the changeover email details today with the new new sort code deets.

Never asked for any ID stuff? I've been using Revolut for about 3 years though, if that has anything to do with it. I guess just upload your passport if you can and live your best life

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

-=al=- wrote: »

Never asked for any ID stuff? I've been using Revolut for about 3 years though, if that has anything to do with it. I guess just upload your passport if you can and live your best life
    I am with them about 3 years as well and got the request to update passport yesterday.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Was the old account an IE account? Don't remember it being GB (just checked there)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

-=al=- wrote: »

bromley52 wrote: »
    I am with them about 3 years as well and got the request to update passport yesterday.

Same here. Got request yesterday. Had been with them since before accounts were available. When it just was prepaid/topup.
    antodeco wrote: »
    Was the old account an IE account? Don't remember it being GB (just checked there)

It was never IE. It was topup and prepaid, then UK account details got added, then SEPA account details. And they were always UK based.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭milhous

When I signed up 3 months ago I need to snap license or passport to open acc. This must not have been the norm in the past

milhous wrote: »
    When I signed up 3 months ago I need to snap license or passport to open acc. This must not have been the norm in the past

It was the norm I signed up years ago, but everyone needs to reconfirm due to moving from the U.K. if a hard Brexit kicks in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Sono

Has anyone ever tried to get cash back with this card? Is it a way around the atm withdrawal limit?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Sono wrote: »
    Has anyone ever tried to get cash back with this card? Is it a way around the atm withdrawal limit?

Nope. I’ve never used the card in an ATM as it’s basically a cashless card. And if they had Apple Pay I wouldn’t have a need for the physical plastic card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Sono

That’s fair enough but with the bank charges coming in with my irish bank I’m trying to avoid paying them to withdraw, sometimes you just need cash! Not often but it’s handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Sono wrote: »

I tried but most shops wouldn't do it. My local bar does. If i buy a pint they will just charge the card say €55 and give me the 50 in cash but that means if i'm local and want to withdraw cash i need to have a pint :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    I tried but most shops wouldn't do it. My local bar does. If i buy a pint they will just charge the card say €55 and give me the 50 in cash but that means if i'm local and want to withdraw cash i need to have a pint :D

Seems like problem > solution right there!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭rahmalec

Does anyone else’s app keep freezing after putting in the pin?

Nope. I’ve never used the card in an ATM as it’s basically a cashless card. And if they had Apple Pay I wouldn’t have a need for the physical plastic card.

They support Apple pay! Wife uses it with her Revolut and iPhone.

antodeco wrote: »
    They support Apple pay! Wife uses it with her Revolut and iPhone.

All depends on the card you have, some have visa and some have MasterCard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Apple Pay is not available on Revolut, Google Pay is, only if you have a Mastercard

Apple Pay is not available on Revolut, Google Pay is, only if you have a Visa

I use my Revolut mastercard on Google pay.

Let me check with the wife. I may have gotten that wrong about her apple pay.

Edit: Apologies she doesn't! Don't know why I thought that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,268 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Anyone experience problems open your app since the last update. (Using iOS)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

More interesting stuff again.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-47751945

BohsCeltic wrote: »

Meh boring

Disgruntled ex employee out for revenge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭webpal

ted1 wrote: »
    Anyone experience problems open your app since the last update. (Using iOS)

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

My validation of passport and selfie was done within 20, minutes.

I thin it is important that the selfie shows your eyes clearly as there seams to be a check of the biometric against the passport in an automatic way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

It also looks like they are now doing Sepa instant transfers to those banks which support it.

A withdraw I did was at my receiving account within minutes.

Too bad that Irish banks don't do Sepa instant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

It also looks like they are now doing Sepa instant transfers to those banks which support it.

A withdraw I did was at my receiving account within minutes.

Too bad that Irish banks don't do Sepa instant.

Interesting - must give it a whirl to bunq

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,296 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I keep getting emails to upload my now ID picture.

Something I have been trying to do for the last few days It would be helpful if there app actully fcuking worked on IOS and opened and stopped crashing so I could do it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement