Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,820 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Marlow wrote: »
    Yep .. they're pretty spot on with that. Even the other way .. from Revolut to a UK account. Also .. fairly quick.

/M

Yeah Revolut to the U.K. banks is a few hours but now the new account numbers are in it’s going to be instant

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Yeah Revolut to the U.K. banks is a few hours but now the new account numbers are in it’s going to be instant

It is even a few hours from a german (N26 account) to Revolut and from PTSB. Revolut credit the funds the second it hits their systems.

/M

Marlow wrote: »
    It is even a few hours from a german (N26 account) to Revolut and from PTSB. Revolut credit the funds the second it hits their systems.

/M

I’m talking about Revolut to a regular U.K. bank account, used to be 2-3 says then it changed to a few hours and now it’s instant since they brought in the new account and sort codes, I got mine today

I’m talking about Revolut to a regular U.K. bank account, used to be 2-3 says then it changed to a few hours and now it’s instant since they brought in the new account and sort codes, I got mine today

First time I tried it, I managed to transfer money from N26 in Germany and then back out to a third party UK account in less than one day. With the recipient confirming he got it like an hour or two after i send the money. I guess I didn't use transfers when I first got it, even though I was a quite early adopter before we even had account numbers.

/M

And there it arrived, just before 1am. The push notification with the new account details.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Received an email from revolut asking me to provide photo evidence again.

This is legit, right?

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Received an email from revolut asking me to provide photo evidence again.

This is legit, right?

yep and its all explained in the email

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,446 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Just an FYI, merchants are appearing wrong on the app today. Thought I had a comprised card but just got the names wrong on the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

yep and its all explained in the email

Just because something is 'explained' in an email it doesn't necessarily mean the email itself is from a legitimate source.
    I'm not saying this email isn't legit, but there are loads of scam emails out there purporting to be from your bank, revenue etc. So you need to be careful.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Just because something is 'explained' in an email it doesn't necessarily mean the email itself is from a legitimate source.
    I'm not saying this email isn't legit, but there are loads of scam emails out there purporting to be from your bank, revenue etc. So you need to be careful.

Yes, this is why I checked here first. Thanks both.

I can see the notice and link in the app now.
    Link isn't working for me though, servers might be busy perhaps.

• Advertisement

I didn’t say it’s legit because it’s explained I said yes it’s legit and it’s explained in the email (the reason needed for the upload) to save typing about it being for Brexit because it’s been discussed here already, no need to be narky

It’s in the thread for the last few days too and on the app where the upload needs to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Is there any legitimate reason why Revolut need peoples tax returns and payment slips when no other bank or payment service I deal with needs this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I didn’t say it’s legit because it’s explained I said yes it’s legit and it’s explained in the email (the reason needed for the upload) to save typing about it being for Brexit because it’s been discussed here already, no need to be narky

It’s in the thread for the last few days too and on the app where the upload needs to happen

Fair enough. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Zardoz wrote: »
    Is there any legitimate reason why Revolut need peoples tax returns and payment slips when no other bank or payment service I deal with needs this ?

So they can share it with the Russian Maffia

Cape Clear wrote: »
    So they can share it with the Russian Maffia

Is there collusion with Putin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

seems if you check online most get hit with that once they move couple k into account - as revolut wouldnt have any means to checks where money originated from (that said if its top up is made from your bank account it shouldnt be really their issue to begin with) - like money laundering etc, banks here would be able to run it via revenue etc so prob would never even be mentioned.

thou providing personal details to online banking doesnt sound appealing and i get your point, some dont care, but since brexit kicked off things, seems revolut been all over place lifting daily limits, opening crypto access, they look to expand further across globe but too much at the same time going on, as last think id want to get stuck with app crashing or card not working because theres upgrades being rolled out daily now, and quite few interference's .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,020 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Well they gave me that option but considering Ireland hasn't got a NID it wasn't really an option.

I meant the Public Service Card.

I got the email today to update my ID, passport is out of date, seem they don't accept drivers license, don't have one of those anyway. it will take awhile to get a new passport, how long can I still use my card for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I got the email today to update my ID, passport is out of date, seem they don't accept drivers license, don't have one of those anyway. it will take awhile to get a new passport, how long can I still use my card for ?

10 working day turnaround for online passport. My revolut card is still working. I suppose it will work until UK exits.

Public service card is useless for this it’s not classed as a national identity card and Ireland don’t have them, sadly it’s passport only but 10 days isn’t too bad.
    This will only come into play if it’s a no deal Brexit and wether that happens is anyone’s guess but best to have it done just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Anyone having issues updating the ID, when I click the link on the App nothing happens!! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,158 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

They might want to validate that you have legitimate funds as part of the money laundering regulations.

If you spend loads of money they want to make sure that you are getting it from legitimate sources, payslips are one way of proving it. Tax returns another one with the added benefit of it being also a proof of address.

Looks like the validation is now also hitting accounts which used passports as validation. I just got an e-mail and an in app request to verify myself again.

I used my passport so clearly whichever country they are planning to move to has stricter requirements as it's also requiring a selfie. So I speculate its Luxembourg.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Skuxx wrote: »
    Anyone having issues updating the ID, when I click the link on the App nothing happens!! :confused:

Same for me. I presume it will work eventually maybe they are having a problem with the amount of people updating their ID. I originally used my passport so I was hoping I would avoid doing it again but got an email today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

Same for me. I presume it will work eventually maybe they are having a problem with the amount of people updating their ID. I originally used my passport so I was hoping I would avoid doing it again but got an email today.

Looks like they are having issues with it

mOLunWr.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Looks like the validation is now also hitting accounts which used passports as validation. I just got an e-mail and an in app request to verify myself again.

I used my passport so clearly whichever country they are planning to move to has stricter requirements as it's also requiring a selfie. So I speculate its Luxembourg.

no Lithuania they got their license there according to blog, thou not sure if it ties them directly to own accounts there or prevents branching out.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Another one who originally used their passport - same one remains in date, so they'll get the exact same identity as before! Do they not keep records of identity documents?

Definitely a pain, as it took me umpteen tries to get it to work the first time. Now, I'll have to wait until the app is working properly to re-up the passport. As if we didn't have enough reasons to hate Brexit ...

scamalert wrote: »
    no Lithuania they got their license there according to blog, thou not sure if it ties them directly to own accounts there or prevents branching out.

While they have both Banking and Electronic Money license in Lithuania they have also declared that they are looking at amother country for an electronic money license.

They were clear that for brexit they move the existing account to another electronic money license not bank license.

So in light of the quality of the validation it does look more like Luxembourg than Lithuania. Especially as the electronic money license license in Lithuania is under political scrutiny.

But once Brexit comes in, we sure will get a notification where we move to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Anyone else keep getting the app crashing on iOS? after a few times trying it eventually works.

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Anyone else keep getting the app crashing on iOS? after a few times trying it eventually works.

No it’s working fine for me, have you updated since the 26th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭purplestar77

Bummer1234 wrote: »

Yes I’ve been having trouble over the weekend on and off. Can’t get past pin page it just freezes. And I end up deleting the app and reinstalling.

After most recent install, it looks like lots of issues with the app but they’re fixing it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement