Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭lassykk

Is Revolut gone from the Play Store for anyone else?

Tried to update this morning for the new ID thing re Brexit and couldn't find the app in the store :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,211 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

threein99 wrote: »
    Are the cards not 5.99 each ?

We setup our account that way with two cards for the ones account. I thought it was 5.99 per card we paid, either way it would be worth it, its very handy for bills and groceries
    Card 5.99 each plus 5.99 to deliver each one

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

The lack of ApplePay is really making me consider a move to N26, I've been on the Revolut Beta team now for about 3 months, waiting patiently to be on the ApplePay Beta, and nothing.

If revolut supported it, i could happily leave the wallet at home and go Cashless.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,166 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Got the request for a different form of identification this morning. Is it just a passport that they'll accept? Never a fan of sending a photo of my passport into the ether.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭lassykk

lassykk wrote: »
    Is Revolut gone from the Play Store for anyone else?

Tried to update this morning for the new ID thing re Brexit and couldn't find the app in the store :confused:

It's gone from the store.
    They are working on it apparently and should be back soon.
    Don't know what that means!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I got a notice that if I get anyone to join they get a free card.

I have a link.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,211 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I got a notice that if I get anyone to join they get a free card.

I have a link.
    I think every revolut account on app has a referral link (invite friends) that means people you know can get a free card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

After updating my Revolut it's now gone in PlayStore but should be back up and asking again for verification. I remember signing up using Passport so not sure why they need one again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

5star02707 wrote: »
    it's now gone in PlayStore

I actually raised that with them. It's not supposed to be gone. Even the Android link on their website is broken.

Support said, they're investigating why it's gone. I'd say there's chaos at Revolut HQ IT right now :)

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

If they could get Android/Samsung Pay supported or if you could set the date for your budget (not everyone gets paid on the 1st)
    I would be really happy.

Android Pay does work with Revolut. Use it myself on my S9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,795 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Quick enough one here..

Got a call from bank saying debit card was used for an unauthorised transaction, and have put a hold on my card. I'm away tomorrow until Sunday so need access to funds in meantime until my replacement card is here.

My Revolut is currently linked to that compromised debit card and Google Pay (which is in turn linked to that debit card).. so have been topping up my Revolut that way.

I also have a credit card - there'd be presumably no fees adding that and transferring funds to my Revolut that way, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Basq wrote: »
    Quick enough one here..

Got a call from bank saying debit card was used for an unauthorised transaction, and have put a hold on my card. I'm away tomorrow until Sunday so need access to funds in meantime until my replacement card is here.

I don't understand when people say Revolut is linked to their bankcard. Do you just mean when you go to top up, the details are already there? Or is it the auto top up?

Could you transfer money now using your bank? Sending it to your IBAN and I reckon you'll get it tomorrow or Friday at the latest.

Not sure about fees for credit card. I thought when I first opened my Revolut there was a charge for CC top up but some people have said there's not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

I keep getting prompted to upload my passport, I've already done it twice and had it approved twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Anybody have their phone insurance?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Basq wrote: »
    Quick enough one here..

My Revolut is currently linked to that compromised debit card and Google Pay (which is in turn linked to that debit card).. so have been topping up my Revolut that way.

I also have a credit card - there'd be presumably no fees adding that and transferring funds to my Revolut that way, right?

I've topped up my Revolut card loads of times using my Ulster Bank credit card. There were no additional fees involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Has anyone any experience of getting money refunded ? I paid for something online with my card and the money was taken but later got an email to say the product was not available and i would be refunded. That was March 19th, surely it can't take that long ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Depends on the merchant rather than revolut I'd say

Have had plenty of refunds - some instant, some took a few days but never more than that

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Has anyone any experience of getting money refunded ? I paid for something online with my card and the money was taken but later got an email to say the product was not available and i would be refunded. That was March 19th, surely it can't take that long ?

The last refund I got from a failed order took 8 days - I'm fairly sure it was the merchants's fault (Tesco). I had to chase them for it more than a few times too ...
    On other occasions with various retailers, 3-4 days was pretty average IME.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

RoYoBo wrote: »
    The last refund I got from a failed order took 8 days - I'm fairly sure it was the merchants's fault (Tesco). I had to chase them for it more than a few times too ...
    On other occasions with various retailers, 3-4 days was pretty average IME.

I was kind of thinking that. Will send the merchant an email to see why it's taking so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

I got a refund from Argos recently. Took 5 or 6 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,795 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Wheety wrote: »
    I don't understand when people say Revolut is linked to their bankcard. Do you just mean when you go to top up, the details are already there? Or is it the auto top up?
    The former.. like so:

Screenshot-2019-03-27-19-38-43-348-com-revolut-revolut-copy.png
    Wheety wrote: »
    Could you transfer money now using your bank? Sending it to your IBAN and I reckon you'll get it tomorrow or Friday at the latest.
    Could do.. but credit card seems to be indicated as free fees so less hassle in that I reckon. Might set up bank transfer for future though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,158 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Looks like the app is back on Google play store.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,166 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Not unusual in my experience, usually with American retailers. They tend to just let the hold expire rather than actively do a refund, I've waited over 2 weeks on occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Had to wait 10 days for a refubd from Trip Advisor onto a visa debit card a year or so ago. According to PTSB at the time this was the normal waiting time for some merchants.

What forms of ID will Revolut accept? My Passport is out of date would a Public Services Card suffice?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,836 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Got an email from Revolut about the gbp account details changing in May and the transfers to U.K. accounts will now be instant which is handy

:- On Friday we sent an email about the new GBP account details we’re giving you. This is actually great news for you, but we made a small mistake by sending it from Revolut for Business, which you probably found quite confusing.

Why is this great news?

For one thing, you’ll be able to make GBP transfers, to and from your Revolut account, faster than ever before (that includes top-ups via bank transfer). Currently, GBP transfers can take a few hours or more. With your new account details, transfers will be almost instantaneous. We’ve also made improvements to your Payments In/Payments Out limits. More on that in a second, but first…

Where and when you’ll find your new account details

Your new GBP account details (in the form of a new account number and sort code “04-00-75”) will appear in the app before 22nd May 2019. We’ll let you know when they arrive with a push notification and email

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Hurrache wrote: »
    Not unusual in my experience, usually with American retailers. They tend to just let the hold expire rather than actively do a refund, I've waited over 2 weeks on occasion.

Up to 14 days. Generally less.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

Cape Clear wrote: »
    What forms of ID will Revolut accept? My Passport is out of date would a Public Services Card suffice?

Hiya, unfortunately it won't. I'm in the same boat. Don't have a current passport so I'm not able to re-verify my identity for them. I suppose just hope there isn't a no-deal Brexit and we wont need to re-verify

Chieftain wrote: »
    Hiya, unfortunately it won't. I'm in the same boat. Don't have a current passport so I'm not able to re-verify my identity for them. I suppose just hope there isn't a no-deal Brexit and we wont need to re-verify

Thanks. Can the aqccount/card still be used without the re-verification?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Thanks. Can the aqccount/card still be used without the re-verification?

It still can for the moment, but I think they are moving their banking if there is a no-deal and probably wont be able to be used after that without verification. All a bit up in the air though I suppose

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement