Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭camz09

Hi guys, travelling to Peru next month. How helpful would Revolut be in my travels? I'm curious how it fares in terms of ATM withdrawal fees, is it a matter of me looking for zero fee ATMS's and rely on good exchange rates? There's no Peruvian soles account afaik so there's really no option there. A pity we don't have Starling yet, would love that zero withdrawal fees feature.

Also worrying when I search online about Revolut in Peru, first thing that comes up is about being charged 20% more than what's shown on POS in restaurants..which granted may or may not be Revolut's fault. Would want to avoid that, hence my plan on getting local money thru the card. Is N26 any better? Or are there any other ones you can think of? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

camz09 wrote: »
    Hi guys, travelling to Peru next month. How helpful would Revolut be in my travels? I'm curious how it fares in terms of ATM withdrawal fees, is it a matter of me looking for zero fee ATMS's and rely on good exchange rates? There's no Peruvian soles account afaik so there's really no option there. A pity we don't have Starling yet, would love that zero withdrawal fees feature.

Also worrying when I search online about Revolut in Peru, first thing that comes up is about being charged 20% more than what's shown on POS in restaurants..which granted may or may not be Revolut's fault. Would want to avoid that, hence my plan on getting local money thru the card. Is N26 any better? Or are there any other ones you can think of? Thanks!

I'm not sure about Peru but most banks do charge when abroad if using a foreign card, can be a bit hit and miss. In Thailand i get charged about €4 for every withdrawal, still cheaper than using my Irish debit card though and get a better rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

got an offer of a free metal card if 5 friends sign up

If anybody want to help us out feel free. Use the link below
    https://revolut.com/r/barry5et

• Registered Users Posts: 8,781 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

bpb101 wrote: »
    got an offer of a free metal card if 5 friends sign up

If anybody want to help us out feel free. Use the link below
    https://revolut.com/r/barry5et

Everyone has that offer on the app

The internet isn’t for everyone

The new identity verification is a balls, they don’t accept a driving licence :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

OmegaGene wrote: »
    The new identity verification is a balls, they don’t accept a driving licence :-(

Correct. Got the email to update myself and have just realised that my own passport is out of date. Brexit is crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Working in Geneva the last two days. All my CHF expenses on Revolut obviously. Total cost to me 320.42 euro. Total refunds paid based on company exchange rate 331.65.

I travel pretty much every second week and have some coming up to India and China. Unexpected benefits of Revolut!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I've not gotten any notification yet to update my account... Passport is out of date, don't drive so is there any other ID I could use?

I've not gotten any notification yet to update my account... Passport is out of date, don't drive so is there any other ID I could use?

There are only 3 options: Passport, National Identity card or other valid Govt method of identification. All must be at least 3 months from expiry.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    There are only 3 options: Passport, National Identity card or other valid Govt method of identification. All must be at least 3 months from expiry.

Would the new public services card count as valid government method of identification?

• Advertisement

Would the new public services card count as valid government method of identification?

I don't know. I don't think PTSB even recognise that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

I updated my account about 10 days ago and still haven't heard back. When I did the first verification (driving licence) I was told within 2 days that my identity had been verified.
    Anybody else still waiting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

I updated my account about 10 days ago and still haven't heard back. When I did the first verification (driving licence) I was told within 2 days that my identity had been verified.
    Anybody else still waiting?

Same here, updated early this morning and was told I would get a push notification in 10 minutes but nothing so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭glen123

Updated mine this morning. Got verified 5 hours later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Fann Linn wrote: »

I read something earlier from a poster that NID card wasn't accepted.

Well they gave me that option but considering Ireland hasn't got a NID it wasn't really an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

No. I believe the legislation says it can't be used as an ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I don't think is accepted.

I know N26 don't take it.

It is a problem if one has already sorted an account and say their passport is our of date.

glen123 wrote: »
    Updated mine this morning. Got verified 5 hours later.

Get a push notification stating that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

Get a push notification stating that ?

I had the same, and yes got a push notice .

• Advertisement

towger wrote: »
    I had the same, and yes got a push notice .

Thanks.. Mine came through about an hour ago as well

Anyone else use their card today ?
    I used mine and paid for something but didn’t get a notification and the money hasn’t come off my balance, very strange

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I used mine and paid for something but didn’t get a notification and the money hasn’t come off my balance, very strange

If the shop were happy, I'd say it'll come out later. happened to me a while ago.

they'd know if the payment didn't come through.

Wheety wrote: »
    If the shop were happy, I'd say it'll come out later. happened to me a while ago.

they'd know if the payment didn't come through.

It was online with PayPal, everything has gone through but the money didn’t come out and it’s normally instant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Bought something on aliexpress 5 minutes ago, notification came through within a second. Was surprised because it's normally around 30 seconds or so.

I think their app is having issues atm, mine won't load passed the passcode screen on iOS. Bunch of users complaining on twitter with the same issue, they replied stating they are working on a fix

I think their app is having issues atm, mine won't load passed the passcode screen on iOS. Bunch of users complaining on twitter with the same issue, they replied stating they are working on a fix

Worked fine on the shop just now and I got a notification straight away
    Maybe it’s just online

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tom_murphy112

Might be a while before Apple approves their fix :o
    ogRyxHK.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Have tried transferring from a UK bank account to my new Revolut account & sort code. Really impressed with the transfer time which was almost instantaneous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Have tried transferring from a UK bank account to my new Revolut account & sort code. Really impressed with the transfer time which was almost instantaneous.

Yep .. they're pretty spot on with that. Even the other way .. from Revolut to a UK account. Also .. fairly quick.

/M

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement