Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I don't see any message asking me to confirm receipt of the card.

Instead there is a message saying I have to enter the Pin when I use the card for the first time. Is that what you mean?

As far as I remember, you have to use it with a chip and pin machine first to activate the contactless?

But I suggest anyone joining Revolut to simply freeze the card in the app until you receive it.

I'd prefer a daily limit to a monthly limit though. I have it on N26 and set it at €80 a day. Can just increase it instantly if you need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Wheety wrote: »
    As far as I remember, you have to use it with a chip and pin machine first to activate the contactless?

But I suggest anyone joining Revolut to simply freeze the card in the app until you receive it.

I'd prefer a daily limit to a monthly limit though. I have it on N26 and set it at €80 a day. Can just increase it instantly if you need to.
    Do you mean freeze it until you activate it cos I have received it.

I just seen that Degiro doesn't accept Transfers from Degiro. Apart from them is it faster to use Revolut to transfer money to your other accounts than using a traditional bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Do you mean freeze it until you activate it cos I have received it.

I just seen that Degiro doesn't accept Transfers from Degiro. Apart from them is it faster to use Revolut to transfer money to your other accounts than using a traditional bank.

Nah, I just mean if people are worried that it will be intercepted in the post to just leave it frozen.

Degiro don't accept accounts like Revolut but I have set it up with my N26. If you want a referral for N26, PM me. I'll share the referral bonus with you.

Wheety wrote: »
    Nah, I just mean if people are worried that it will be intercepted in the post to just leave it frozen.

Degiro don't accept accounts like Revolut but I have set it up with my N26. If you want a referral for N26, PM me. I'll share the referral bonus with you.

Thanks for the Offer but I already tried to sign up and they refused me. I've no idea why, might be that the selfie and Passport photos didnt resemble in their opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,032 ✭✭✭Jeff2

From what I'v read N26 don't like Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I had no issues with N26 at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,316 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Jeff2 wrote: »
    From what I'v read N26 don't like Ireland.

?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭paddy19

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    ?

Who says?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,316 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

paddy19 wrote: »
    Who says?

Jeff2 above!

But yeah first I heard of it

I tried to link my Revolut account to my Kraken wouldn't allow it.

Message pops up saying bank not allowed.

Has this happened to anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

Anyone else get the brexit related email from Revolut asking to provide another idenity document? I provided my drivers licence when I signed up, but presume now I have to send a passport photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Anyone else get the brexit related email from Revolut asking to provide another idenity document? I provided my drivers licence when I signed up, but presume now I have to send a passport photo.

same issue family member got sms and email to update app and provide new id, seems to come from revolut about brexit, thou didnt click the link, also checked play store and app is up to date :confused:

seems no hints online about it either, would be a bit odd asking to provide ID again.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Josieg

scamalert wrote: »
    same issue family member got sms and email to update app and provide new id, seems to come from revolut about brexit, thou didnt click the link, also checked play store and app is up to date :confused:

seems no hints online about it either, would be a bit odd asking to provide ID again.

My OH got the same messages tonight but I haven't. Her app is up to date so not sure what that's about. Nothing on the Revolut page about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,754 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Josieg wrote: »
    My OH got the same messages tonight but I haven't. Her app is up to date so not sure what that's about. Nothing on the Revolut page about this.

Just got an email from them about this. Apparently it's because their UK license won't work in Europe in the event of a No Deal, so they've applied for a License in the EU which they may need to migrate users to depending on the outcome.

Unfortunately however, this new License requires a different form of ID besides a Driving License.. hence the email.

Not sure if I'll bother. I have yet to use the card anyway.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Just got an email from them about this. Apparently it's because their UK license won't work in Europe in the event of a No Deal, so they've applied for a License in the EU which they may need to migrate users to depending on the outcome.

Unfortunately however, this new License requires a different form of ID besides a Driving License.. hence the email.

Not sure if I'll bother. I have yet to use the card anyway.

if they move to another EU country where they mentioned they got license to operate from ill stop using revolut as it will be disaster waiting to happen more here: https://blog.revolut.com/we-got-a-banking-licence/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

if they move to another EU country where they mentioned they got license to operate from ill stop using revolut as it will be disaster waiting to happen more here: https://blog.revolut.com/we-got-a-banking-licence/

In what way do you see it being a disaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

I’ve funded paddy power, Ladbrokes, skybet, boylesports and betfair using revolut card but just tried for bet365 and get message that the merchant isn’t supported. Anyone else find this problem?

RHJ wrote: »
    In what way do you see it being a disaster?

poorly managed, corruption is vile, legal system is a joke, friction with Russian's who basically own revolut, hell even revenue is a joke if you were to put 3k euro raw into account youd prob be interrogated next day by revenue as to where funds came from, recent law passed each bank has to report every acc that hold more then 3k or smth in that terms, equivalent of Nigeria or some 3rd world country, to say the least.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%AAkio_bankas such things quite common as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

I’ve funded paddy power, Ladbrokes, skybet, boylesports and betfair using revolut card but just tried for bet365 and get message that the merchant isn’t supported. Anyone else find this problem?

They have stopped bet365 as of a few months ago, bit of a pain.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Interrogated by who? What?

Take the tinfoil hat off! A baking license is good for Revolut.

Precisely the only ones with anything to feel about revolt getting their banking licence are the traditional bricks and mortar Banks as they lose customers.

• Advertisement

Integrated by who? What?

Take the tinfoil hat off! A baking license is good for Revolut."
    didn't know they hire monkeys who can't type, for mods nowadays.

didn't know they hire monkeys who can't type, for mods nowadays.

I know Boards.ie can be hard to navigate but here is the link to the Conspiracy forum.

https://touch.boards.ie/forum/576

You're welcome :-)

RHJ wrote: »
    I know Boards.ie can be hard to navigate but here is the link to the Conspiracy forum.

https://touch.boards.ie/forum/576

You're welcome :-)

i know its a bit erratic post but unless you lived there and know crap that goes on, ill pass on having my funds kept there, if revolut decides to migrate, just personal experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,404 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i know its a bit erratic post but unless you lived there and know crap that goes on, ill pass on having my funds kept there, if revolut decides to migrate, just personal experience.

Your money is guaranteed by the EU if they move. Its not now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

That bank went bust before Lithuania joined the euro and became fully regulated by the ECB

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    so they've applied for a License in the EU which they may need to migrate users to depending on the outcome.

Their european banking license was granted in December ... last year.
    troyzer wrote: »
    That bank went bust before Lithuania joined the euro and became fully regulated by the ECB

Some people hold on to old memories disregardless what has happened in the meanwhile. And yes .. it is guaranteed by the ECB. So disregardless of corruption etc., if they were to go bust and Lithuania wouldn't pay up, the ECB would cover it and then drag the money out of the Lithuanian state again. Basically the same that happened here during the last financial crisis.

/M

Ironically, your money will be more safe then it is currently when they switch to an EU banking license.

you might be correct my own personal experiences aside it could be good, anyhow just interested whats the story with some people getting messages and emails, as said it says app needs updated and passport id to be provided, yet app is up to date, and theres no indication in app to verify anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

Only started using.
    Got email about free physical card.
    Order one, and charged 5.99 for standard shipping. is that normal shipping charge for the "free" card?
    Just wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

thanks. yeah, i have topped up..
    Free card doesn't necessarily mean free shipping... hence my question... trying to chat to them atm.

update: support refunded the shipping cost after providing evidence i got the promo link...

• Advertisement

I want to topup my Revolut account from my Transferwise account. I havent received my Transferwise card yet.

To transfer money from my Transferwise account to my Revolut account costs around 65cents.

Is it better to wait until the Transferwise card arrives and then topup in the Revolut App using the Card. Would that be cheaper.

The 65cents is trivial but Im wondering what would be the best method when topping up larger amounts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement