Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Got my revolut card finally working and was able to pay for the item and it was quiet a struggle as the app kept crashing and I must have reinstalled it ten times. They had a security lockdown on it and I had to send them screenshots from the Swirl Card accounts I had used to top up my Revolut. However why kill the app in the process? I had to install it onto my spare Samsung Android phone just to contact their technical support. I received 17 different SMS confirmation texts each time. However its working fine now.

How do I get the free Revolut Physcial plastic card? I have changed my mind on this app/card service and what I like is the instant confirmation, no needing to wait 3-5 days before a purchase appears in my Bank of Ireland Credit Card online banking. This is especially important to me for sterling/foreign transactions where I wouldn't know the Euro figure until upto 5 days later or occasionally one week with BOI.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Doltanian wrote: »
    Got my revolut card finally working and was able to pay for the item and it was quiet a struggle as the app kept crashing and I must have reinstalled it ten times. They had a security lockdown on it and I had to send them screenshots from the Swirl Card accounts I had used to top up my Revolut. However why kill the app in the process? I had to install it onto my spare Samsung Android phone just to contact their technical support. I received 17 different SMS confirmation texts each time. However its working fine now.

How do I get the free Revolut Physcial plastic card? I have changed my mind on this app/card service and what I like is the instant confirmation, no needing to wait 3-5 days before a purchase appears in my Bank of Ireland Credit Card online banking. This is especially important to me for sterling/foreign  transactions where I wouldn't know the Euro figure until upto 5 days later or occasionally one week with BOI.
    Sounds like quite an issue you faced - maybe they brought out an update lately that caused on-boarding issues...

To get the free card, I think you have to delete the virtual card, and then add a physical one (it will also give you effectively a virtual with the same card number you can use until it arrives)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I received 17 different SMS confirmation texts each time.

I just executed a transfer and I also got an SMS confirmation text that was not needed. Seams there is something strange going on there.

And there we go GPS is once again having processing trouble.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

If I delete my virtual Revolut card to order the free plastic one will the number change as I have it added to PayPal already? Or would the new plastic card have the same number as my current virtual only card.

Re: the earlier technical issues I'm on iOS but didn't upgrade to iOS 11 yet so I wonder if that was the cause. Would Revolut give me a better sterling and US dollar rate than Bank of Ireland MasterCard?

• Advertisement

If I delete my virtual Revolut card to order the free plastic one will the number change as I have it added to PayPal already? Or would the new plastic card have the same number as my current virtual only card.

Re: the earlier technical issues I'm on iOS but didn't upgrade to iOS 11 yet so I wonder if that was the cause. Would Revolut give me a better sterling and US dollar rate than Bank of Ireland MasterCard?
    In my experience, same number, different expiry date. So you'd need to do an update

Possibly an IOS compat issue..to see crashes like that is weird...

RE exchange rates, yes, absolutely. That's Revolut's strong point

In my experience, same number, different expiry date. So you'd need to do an update

Possibly an IOS compat issue..to see crashes like that is weird...

RE exchange rates, yes, absolutely. That's Revolut's strong point

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Seems to be down again. Really doing themselves no favours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Nothing working at all today on Revolut.

GPS is once again having problems which effects all of those fintech companies that are essentially either reselling GPS products or having build some sort of apps on top of the GPS services.

If you get yourself a free Fire debit card you will always be up to date on GPS outages, they are very quick to inform in case of any problems unlike Revolut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,423 ✭✭✭irishgeo

GPS is once again having problems which effects all of those fintech companies that are essentially either reselling GPS products or having build some sort of apps on top of the GPS services.

If you get yourself a free Fire debit card you will always be up to date on GPS outages, they are very quick to inform in case of any problems unlike Revolut.

It's a wonder they don't move away from GPS if it's falling over every day.

In the short term that won't happen. Most of their product is basically GPS's Apex & MultiFX product. And while they have taken steps to get for example their payment interface with bank transfers, it's more complicated than simply choosing a different processor and linking directly with Mastercard.

They are going to have to make significant investments into new technology and build the app again from the ground up to be able to eliminate GPS from their services.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Anyone tried the smartphone insurance? Any issues making a claim for a cracked screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

soirish wrote: »
    Anyone tried the smartphone insurance? Any issues making a claim for a cracked screen?

First make sure your card is working :mad:
    My one failed yesterday amd today twice.Customer service is feckin joke.

GPS is having major issues in recent days, the move from one tax paradise to another did not get smooth. One would think that just moving headquarters does not create issues but one would be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭J_A_F_A

GPS is having major issues in recent days, the move from one tax paradise to another did not get smooth. One would think that just moving headquarters does not create issues but one would be wrong.

Did the Fire card/app that you've mentioned previously give timely notice of the outage?

Most of the recent incidents are not planned, but from what I can see Fire is the quickest to update (via e-mail) while for the others one has to consult twitter where it's not that easy to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

In app notification tells me that from January 2018 Revolut will be the card issuer and not Paysafe Financial services Ltd

How will that effect users like myself?

Maybe it’ll ease the possibility of offering Apple Pay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Did anyone chance the phone insurance?

Would love to see them shake up the other insurance markets here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

Jayop wrote: »
    Did anyone chance the phone insurance?

Would love to see them shake up the other insurance markets here.

I had a look at it

80c a week to insure my LG G6, €30 excess but no Theft/Loss coverage which is a biggie for me - by my track record I'm much more likely to lose it than smash it

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭apope8

Dardania wrote: »

This is what I am hoping. I remember a blog post awhile back saying they were having issues activating Apple / Android Pay because they were not a "bank".

Hopefully this is a step in that direction.

maximoose wrote: »
    I had a look at it

80c a week to insure my LG G6, €30 excess but no Theft/Loss coverage which is a biggie for me - by my track record I'm much more likely to lose it than smash it

My phone is more than 2 years old so they say that it needs to be less than 6 months. I still was given a quote similar to yours. Very cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

WyGzLgP.png

...So... agree? :confused:

Someone should really read the Ts&Cs for us.

Anyone????

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Anyone????

Ffs, if you’re that concerned, read through them yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Dardania wrote: »

What's Apple Pay? Is it using your phone instead of a physical card to pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Aquos76 wrote: »

Anyone????

Ffs, if you’re that concerned, read through them yourself

I suspect he was having a little laugh. Relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,423 ✭✭✭irishgeo

What's Apple Pay? Is it using your phone instead of a physical card to pay?

Yes you tap the phone instead of your card. Safer than card as the card number isn't given to the credit card reader.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I suspect he was having a little laugh. Relax.

Sometimes you just don’t know to be honest, just take a look at the Spotify thread for example, the amount of people on there that want to be part of a groups but won’t bother setting one up themselves.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement