Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    They've raised the mnium top up to 25 euro.

That's disappointing.
    says 10 for me. Source?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    They've raised the mnium top up to 25 euro.

That's disappointing.

I just topped up by €10 a while ago

4B6780A9-454B-4E25-B5E7-BC9081FAE712.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

Amouar wrote: »
    Source?

I was able to top up by 10 Euros.

I just set up an account for the other half and I got the top by 10 euro message as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

It showed up on my account earlier that minium top up was 25 but now showing only a 10er.

I wasn't imaging it as a 10er wouldn't work.

Do you want to try this and post your screen shot. Also are you topping up via credit card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭long_b

I don't get it.
    If people don't want to top up by a few quid how come they want the card in the first place?
    You have to top it up to use it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

You get cheaper exchange rates so you top it up with euro and use it if buying something online in a foreign currency.

By doing this you get pretty much the cheapest possible foreign currency.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

bpb101 wrote: »
    Do you want to try this and post your screen shot. Also are you topping up via credit card

Read above I said it was showing a 10er now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Interesting article if anyone ever has difficulty with topping up, could be addressed by this attention
    https://www.engadget.com/2017/10/08/eu-raids-banks-over-attempts-to-block-fintech/

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Anybody know what the craic is with getting refunds?

Bought something last week. Money taken from my Revolut account but the site I bought it from declined my order (Irish card they said). Money still not back in my account. This was October 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Bought something last week. Money taken from my Revolut account but the site I bought it from declined my order (Irish card they said). Money still not back in my account. This was October 1.
    If the order was declined you should get the money back in your a/c after 10 days. This happened to me with Sports Direct. It was a Revolut problem at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I ordered the contactless card to replace my original non contactless card. The new card being issued has a different number on it so I assume I can cut up my old Revolut card now or is it still valid until I start using the new one?

I ordered the contactless card to replace my original non contactless card. The new card being issued has a different number on it so I assume I can cut up my old Revolut card now or is it still valid until I start using the new one?

Did you delete you non contactless card prior to ordering a new card? if you did, your old card is indeed useless now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Did you delete you non contactless card prior to ordering a new card? if you did, your old card is indeed useless now.

I deleted it yes

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

Be careful, i nearly had money taken from my card months later for an old, lready settled transaction. I got on to Revolut and they said it was my responsibility who ever i used the card with...
    Luckily i got it sorted it with retailer before the money was taken again, but revolut customer service didnt impress.

Lucas Hood wrote:
    Read above I said it was showing a 10er now.

Missed it. Glad its working

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Anyone know what happens when your physical card expires, do you have to apply again , or do they automatically send you a new one?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Anyone know what happens when your physical card expires, do you have to apply again , or do they automatically send you a new one?

The earliest-issued cards don't expire until next June so we won't know for sure until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭homingbird

I just made a payment in gb pounds on paypal with my revoult card linked to paypal & they ( paypal ) charged ) me 11.50 pounds on top of my payment of 290 gb pounds . I did it through F & F on paypal & changed currencies to gb pounds in paypal should i have converted the money to pounds on the revoult to avoid charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭lehe8707

carrotcake wrote: »

THANKS!!!!! I was wondering how to do this:cool:

Yes I have currency set to GB pounds in PayPal so should not have got stung I will ha e to cut PayPal out of further deals & relie on revolt if something goes wrong is chase a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

homingbird wrote: »
    I just made a payment in gb pounds on paypal with my revoult card linked to paypal & they ( paypal ) charged ) me 11.50 pounds on top of my payment of 290 gb pounds . I did it through F & F on paypal & changed currencies to gb pounds in paypal should i have converted the money to pounds on the revoult to avoid charges.

There should be no reason for paypal to charge anything extra for GBP payments (ie paypal conversion rate) as the transaction and the revolut card are both in the same currency (GBP).

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shivpepper

Hi all! So I was shopping online and purchased itemsf from New Look on my Revolut card (paid in sterling). I'll be in Newry this Saturday and I plan to return the items to get a refund. My q- my Revolut card is always "deactivated" to prevent fraud. If I "activate" it in the shp for the refund and then deactivate it again, am I correct in assuming that the refund won't go through? If so, can I just use another card (eg my Ulster Bank card) to get the refund?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

shivpepper wrote: »
    Hi all! So I was shopping online and purchased itemsf from New Look on my Revolut card (paid in sterling). I'll be in Newry this Saturday and I plan to return the items to get a refund. My q- my Revolut card is always "deactivated" to prevent fraud. If I "activate" it in the shp for the refund and then deactivate it again, am I correct in assuming that the refund won't go through? If so, can I just use another card (eg my Ulster Bank card) to get the refund?

Some places won't let you refund to a different card to the one you made the purchase with.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

DC Refunds are 3-5 days, not sure if credits will happen once the terminal has authorized an "active" card or not.

Here is paypal screenshot to prove it was 11.50 gb pounds they charged me.It was revoult i got done by i should have converted my euros to pounds on revoult to save .purchase price was 290 pounds paypal charged 11.50 fee then revoult charged me 336.26 euro for 301 pounds.

https://ibb.co/fbHEyw

https://ibb.co/hMdMdw[/IMG]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

You have used PayPal to send someone money and PayPal charges you for that privelege.

You will get charged a transaction fee and also a cross border fee if you for example pay someone in a different country.

These fees are called out in the user agreement and when you send money.

These charges are less or not existing if you use your balance to transfer for example or if you pay someone on their request and they take the charges.

homingbird wrote: »
    Here is paypal screenshot to prove it was 11.50 gb pounds they charged me.It was revoult i got done by i should have converted my euros to pounds on revoult to save .purchase price was 290 pounds paypal charged 11.50 fee then revoult charged me 336.26 euro for 301 pounds.

https://ibb.co/fbHEyw

https://ibb.co/hMdMdw[/IMG]

It wasn’t Revolut that charged you, as has been pointed out, Paypal charged you extra for sending the money as a gift rather than paying for an item or a service. That rate from Revolut was very good by the way

A536_A56_C-307_A-4_FC7-_B7_E5-28656_AEE1_F16.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Hi guys!

Has anyone topped up their Revolut using their Aavntcard credit card recently?

If so, were you charged fees by the CC company?

That is, is the transaction being considered a cash withdrawal?

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement