Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

keredern wrote: »
    Hi guys!

Has anyone topped up their Revolut using their Aavntcard credit card recently?

If so, were you charged fees by the CC company?

That is, is the transaction being considered a cash withdrawal?

Thanks!
    Not recently I haven’t but I have topped up via my Avant CC a couple of times over the summer and I was never charged anything interest or fee from avantcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Not recently I haven’t but I have topped up via my Avant CC a couple of times over the summer and I was never charged anything interest or fee from avantcard.

Thanks for that.

Just went to top up by €200 from the CC to discover that Revolut are now charging a €2 fee! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Thanks for that.

Just went to top up by €200 from the CC to discover that Revolut are now charging a €2 fee! :(
    Hasn't that always been the case with credit card top ups?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

TheChizler wrote: »
    Hasn't that always been the case with credit card top ups?

Didn't know that but it's not a big deal really.

Sure they have to make a few pounds!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Didn't know that but it's not a big deal really.

Sure they have to make a few pounds!!! :D
    I don't think that's even profit for them, the card money charge Revolut for the transaction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

There is a 1% fee on CC top ups

Debit cards are free

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Justin10

I'm off to America next week, I've to pay the balance off plus a safety deposit.

Is there any issues when they put the deposit back on my account?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭adam88

Ordered items through amazon. Paid in gbp. They Pre authorised the card and charged the card when items were being shipped.
    The pre authorisation is still showing in my account. Anyone know how long this will stay. I'm so not in the form for trying to explain my case to either amazon or revolut today

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

adam88 wrote: »
    Ordered items through amazon. Paid in gbp. They Pre authorised the card and charged the card when items were being shipped.
    The pre authorisation is still showing in my account. Anyone know how long this will stay. I'm so not in the form for trying to explain my case to either amazon or revolut today
    Preauthorisation has happened for me very few times. It's always been £1. And, when the final amount was deducted before delivery, it always excluded the preauthorisation amount.
    Also, whenever I cancelled the order after preauthorisation, it took 5 working days for releasing the blocked amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Quick one...

You pay a 2% fee on ATM withdrawals over €/£200 per month. So 200 in either currency is free.
    If I was to withdraw €/£250 in one month, would I pay the 2% on the extra 50, or the whole lot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Quick one...

You pay a 2% fee on ATM withdrawals over €/£200 per month. So 200 in either currency is free.
    If I was to withdraw €/£250 in one month, would I pay the 2% on the extra 50, or the whole lot?
    Just the extra 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Any way to disable the contactless feature of the card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Yes, it's in the extra security section

3609675_A-71_BB-4_E06-_A4_C7-74632_DABE415.png ED143_D12-_C731-42_FE-_B982-8_E7_CBEE72_A54.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭paddy19

Just got this email from Skrill upping their fees.

Will Revolut follow?

We are making some changes to our terms and conditions which will come into effect on 14th December 2017. We want to take this opportunity to summarise the changes for you.

Skrill Account Fees

The following change shall apply to the Fees stated in the Skrill Account Terms of Use:

Send Money Fee will be reduced to 1.45%, with a minimum Send Money Fee of €0.50 (EUR) and no maximum fee

Your continued use of our services after 14th December 2017 will be taken as your acceptance of the above changes. Please get in contact with us should you need further information.

Sincerely,
    The Skrill Team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭paddy19

Just got this email from Skrill upping their fees.

Will Revolut follow?

We are making some changes to our terms and conditions which will come into effect on 14th December 2017. We want to take this opportunity to summarise the changes for you.

Skrill Account Fees

The following change shall apply to the Fees stated in the Skrill Account Terms of Use:

Send Money Fee will be reduced to 1.45%, with a minimum Send Money Fee of €0.50 (EUR) and no maximum fee

Your continued use of our services after 14th December 2017 will be taken as your acceptance of the above changes. Please get in contact with us should you need further information.

Sincerely,
    The Skrill Team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Anyone here have any issues transferring funds using an EBS card? When I enter my card details it brings up the screen to enter random digits from my EBS passphrase but when I try to the page always goes blank before I can enter anything?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭homingbird

Testament1 wrote: »
    Anyone here have any issues transferring funds using an EBS card? When I enter my card details it brings up the screen to enter random digits from my EBS passphrase but when I try to the page always goes blank before I can enter anything?!!

I would like to know the answer to this too as I setup a EB's account for my sister to use with revolt could it be you are using adblocker that is causing this problem.

homingbird wrote: »
    I would like to know the answer to this too as I setup a EB's account for my sister to use with revolt could it be you are using adblocker that is causing this problem.

No I don't have adblocking on my phone. In the app it displays the page where you enter your passphrase but when you tap on it the page goes blank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭homingbird

No I don't have adblocking on my phone. In the app it displays the page where you enter your passphrase but when you tap on it the page goes blank.

Maybe the app is wrong can you try using the website instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Anybody using a smart card protector sleeve?

My EBS card added fine and I’ve topped up with it with no issues also.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Anybody using a smart card protector sleeve?

I have an RFID blocking wallet

Aquos76 wrote: »
    My EBS card added fine and I’ve topped up with it with no issues also.

My card details saved fine. It's the security passphrase page that's causing me hassle. As soon as I tap one of the answer fields and my keyboard comes up the page goes blank.

My card details saved fine. It's the security passphrase page that's causing me hassle. As soon as I tap one of the answer fields and my keyboard comes up the page goes blank.

I’ll try topping up an amount now and let you know how I get on so.

Just put thru two individual top ups of €10 each and both went through fine. I’m using iOS app if that’s makes a difference.

Possibly, I'm on an HTC U11 using the latest version of the app. You had no trouble inputting your EBS passphrase? I can get the page to display but it disappears when I try typing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

[QUOTE=The high horse brigade;105002475]I have an RFID blocking wallet[/QUOTE]

Your goodself and Aquos76 seem to be the go to people with queries from Revolut newbies such as myself.Thanks for your assistance and tolerance of what might appear to be rather silly questions.:)

If one buys on Amazon,do change the euro in your euro account on Revolut into sterling in order to carry out a purchase in sterling.

TBH I'm primarily getting this card for purchases on UK sites most especially Amazon.

Possibly, I'm on an HTC U11 using the latest version of the app. You had no trouble inputting your EBS passphrase? I can get the page to display but it disappears when I try typing.

Well the first time I couldn’t remember it so I had to reset it so I said I’d do another one and see and that worked fine, displayed the screen asking for my 2nd 4th and 5th letters.

• Advertisement

seligehgit wrote: »
    Your goodself and Aquos76 seem to be the go to people with queries from Revolut newbies such as myself.Thanks for your assistance and tolerance of what might appear to be rather silly questions.:)

If one buys on Amazon,do change the euro in your euro account on Revolut into sterling in order to carry out a purchase in sterling.

TBH I'm primarily getting this card for purchases on UK sites most especially Amazon.

Leave it as a Euro balance Revolut will convert and pay in sterling as long as sterling is asked for by Amazon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement