Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with KBC Extra current account card? I recently moved to KBC (2 weeks ago) and tried for the first time to top up using my Card.

After putting in the 8 digit code that is sent by SMS, It came back with payment not authorised!!

Anyone else have this? I've been onto support (SUpport BOTS!!) and I am still waiting to hear back. Their support has become a joke!

Thanks,
    BobbyT28

Its a KBC issue, they blocked my first topup. Ring them its sorted in a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

ASOT wrote: »

Do I just say to them that I am trying to up a Prepaid CC ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Don't even have to tell them what it is. It's your money, tell them it's a transaction you want to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Don't even have to tell them what it is. It's your money, tell them it's a transaction you want to make.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Just got an email from Revolut saying they are offering Irish users their first card for free. They're limiting it to the first 10,000 which seems like a lot but if you want one best get in as soon as possible just to be on the safe side.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

This. Just ring up your bank and say you are trying to make a transaction to Revolut and it didn't go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

I just got the same email but for the life of me I can't find where to order it in the App!

If I try to add a new physical card it says there is a 6 euro fee for a "spare card" but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to click to get my first free physical card!!

I just got the same email but for the life of me I can't find where to order it in the App!

If I try to add a new physical card it says there is a 6 euro fee for a "spare card" but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to click to get my first free physical card!!

I ordered it through the app (the normal way) and it cost me nothing. Do you already have a card with them?

Nope. No physical card yet - only a virtual one.

What do you mean by the "normal way" - maybe I'm just not going to the correct place in the App.

I log in and click on cards in the bottom bar and that brings me to a screen showing my virtual card with two options "Disable Card" or "Limit"

If I scroll right it gives me the option of adding a new card, either virtual or physical, if I click physical it gives me a popup saying "Spare card fee is €6"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭paddy19

Revolut Offering free cards:

Just received this email from Revolut.

"Great news, we’re officially launching a Revolut office in Ireland, and to celebrate we’re offering our mighty Irish users their first card for free!
    Your friends and family can order a free card today and save €6. Act now, we’re offering 10,000 cards on a first-come, first-serve basis!"

Sounds "mighty" all right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭techdiver

What do you mean by the "normal way" - maybe I'm just not going to the correct place in the App.

I log in and click on cards in the bottom bar and that brings me to a screen showing my virtual card with two options "Disable Card" or "Limit"

If I scroll right it gives me the option of adding a new card, either virtual or physical, if I click physical it gives me a popup saying "Spare card fee is €6"

Same issue for me too.

It seems to count the virtual card as an actual physical card and thinks I'm ordering a spare card.

That's exactly what I done. I don't have a virtual card though. Maybe it doesn't differentiate between physical and virtual cards. Can you remove the virtual card? If so, remove it and try again. It might work.

Just did exactly that and it worked perfectly!

For anyone else with the same problem. Delete your existing virtual card and then when you have no card on the account add a new physical one and it should work!

Something just struck me - will this now show up as an "Irish" card to vendors. One of the benefits of the Revolut card was that UK merchants saw it as a UK card. Uh oh - hope I haven't shot myself in the foot here!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭techdiver

Just did exactly that and it worked perfectly!

For anyone else with the same problem. Delete your existing virtual card and then when you have no card on the account add a new physical one and it should work!

Worked for me too.

Silly that you have to do that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

It's a marketing trick that is all.

They have done the same with users in the DACH region (Germany, Austria, Switzerland) with the sentence that they have opened an office in Germany and hence are now offering free cards for a while.

Their growth has slowed and so they are opening marketing offices in several countries, they are not using their license to set up additional branches, all they do is have a couple of local guys who do local marketing and a free card is one of those marketing gimmicks.

The block of card numbers wirecard uses for Revolut has been split recently (to allow for DACH cards) but to the best of my knowledge Irish customers still get a 535298 card which is UK. Also most of the virtual cards continue to come from Paysafe (539123) so they are UK cards.

So even if you get a card codes as Ireland you might be able to get around that with a virtual card. Just see once you get the free card what the BIN is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Typical, I only paid 12euro for a 2nd card on Tuesday.

Thanks. It is displaying a 535298 number on screen at the moment anyway so hopefully it will all be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭inel

Wondering if there is now a way for old customers to replace their old cards with the new, contactless cards, for free.

Any idea if this would work and if there is any reason for not doing it?

(One reason might be that there is a chance the card will now show as an Irish instead of a UK card?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Don't think I'd be recommending a Card with regular payment problems :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

inel wrote: »
    Wondering if there is now a way for old customers to replace their old cards with the new, contactless cards, for free.

(One reason might be that there is a chance the card will now show as an Irish instead of a UK card?)

I've just done it by deleting my old card and ordering a new one for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭lehe8707

LOL - True that

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭J_A_F_A

Savman wrote: »
    Don't think I'd be recommending a Card with regular payment problems :rolleyes:

I recommend the card along with "don't hit the ATMs too often, don't do FOREX at the weekends and have another card in your wallet in case they're having a problem."
    I love the way that you can disable your card from the app and also that you get notification of a transaction within seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭TheChizler

paddy19 wrote: »
    Revolut Offering free cards:

Just received this email from Revolut.

"Great news, we’re officially launching a Revolut office in Ireland, and to celebrate we’re offering our mighty Irish users their first card for free!
    Your friends and family can order a free card today and save €6. Act now, we’re offering 10,000 cards on a first-come, first-serve basis!"

Sounds "mighty" all right!
    It's exceptionally rare that my "word on the street"s pan out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Rumor has they are going to announce a short 2-3 hour Windows on Sunday morning where you can't use the card. This seams to be the same for most companies using GPS (Processor) services which should address some of the trouble recently occurred (not the big one where revolut messed up but the others ones).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

inel wrote: »

Quackster wrote: »
    I've just done it by deleting my old card and ordering a new one for free.

Likewise.

It immediately created a new virtual card and my new contactless card will have 3 years extra validity. This is a no brainer unless you need the physical card in the next couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I'm trying to get a virtual card but when I click on it it says that "extra card fee is €6" do they charge for the virtual cards now?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭J_A_F_A

I'm trying to get a virtual card but when I click on it it says that "extra card fee is €6" do they charge for the virtual cards now?

They don't differentiate between virtual and physical. If you have one you'll be charged for the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

They've raised the mnium top up to 25 euro.

That's disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Amouar

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    They've raised the mnium top up to 25 euro.

That's disappointing.

Source?

I was able to top up by 10 Euros.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement