Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW3 Match Day Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 On The Q.T

8-10 wrote: »
    Pretty sure he's out judging by the rumoured lineups doing the rounds. Sounds like Can, Lucas, Firmino in for Henderson, Ibe & Lallana (who is our for up to 4 weeks)

Jordan Rossiter on the bench

Thanks for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,000 ✭✭✭✭CSF

8-10 wrote: »
    Pretty sure he's out judging by the rumoured lineups doing the rounds. Sounds like Can, Lucas, Firmino in for Henderson, Ibe & Lallana (who is our for up to 4 weeks)

Jordan Rossiter on the bench

Late fitness test, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

No Koscielny or Mertesacker

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Confirmed #LFC team to face @Arsenal: Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Gomez, Milner, Can, Lucas, Firmino, Coutinho, Benteke

Confirmed #LFC subs v @Arsenal: Bogdan, Sakho, Moreno, Origi, Ings, Ibe, Rossiter

#Arsenal XI vs. #LFC: Cech; Bellerín, Chambers, Gabriel, Monreal; Coquelin, Ramsey; Ozil, Sánchez, Cazorla, Giroud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Confirmed #LFC team to face @Arsenal: Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Gomez, Milner, Can, Lucas, Firmino, Coutinho, Benteke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

spock. wrote: »

benteke time!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Not even in the squad.
    I have Francis off the bench with 6 points, a rare good break this year buti always prefer the unknown element of the player on the pitch. Still it means I can properly celebrate a Beteke goal.

Not feeling confident now as a bellerin owner

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

wow. certainly more confident in Tekkers now. Milner shifted out to the right for 'Pool it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Phil McNulty ‏@philmcnulty 4s5 seconds ago Islington, London
    Mertesacker unwell and Koscielny a back problem - so it will be down to Chambers & Gabriel to handle Benteke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

MarkSRFC21 wrote:
    Not feeling confident now as a bellerin owner

I'm feeling somewhat hopeful. An Arsenal cleanie would be a huge differential now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Balls to that..... Gomez in for Mert so with Saylor's 6 points left to rot on the bench as 3rd sub

Arsenal lineup: cech; Bellerin, Gabriel, chambers, monreal, coquelin, cazorla, ozil, Ramsey, Sanchez, Giroud
    Subs; ospina, Gibbs, debuchy, arteta, flamini, chamberlain, Walcott

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Good news for Benteke owners so i'm worried. Some key opponents have Kos or Mertesacker so that works out ok. As long as Benteke blanks, this will work out well.

Looks like Gomez could be a long term keeper, if he is trusted against Arsenal he won't be dropped anytime soon barring a poor performance.

Not even in the squad.
    I have Francis off the bench with 6 points, a rare good break this year buti always prefer the unknown element of the player on the pitch. Still it means I can properly celebrate a Beteke goal.

I would take 6 points for Bellerin right now every day of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭JPA

manual_man wrote: »
    wow. certainly more confident in Tekkers now. Milner shifted out to the right for 'Pool it seems

Milner pushing on in a 433 no? Lucas and Can sitting.

I'm feeling somewhat hopeful. An Arsenal cleanie would be a huge differential now.

I suppose, but I can't see that back four keeping a cleanie unfortunately.

JPA wrote: »

I would think more Milner taking ibes place, firmino taking lallanas and can and Lucas taking milner and hendersons

• Registered Users Posts: 36,140 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    I would think more Milner taking ibes place, firmino taking lallanas and can and Lucas taking milner and hendersons

Far more likely to be Lucas sitting, with Milner and Can given some freedom to get forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Firmino could be a dark horse tonight.

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    Far more likely to be Lucas sitting, with Milner and Can given some freedom to get forward.

I'd say he's playing the same system as the first two games, except with can and Lucas sitting where Milner and hendo were.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

JPA wrote: »

Doubt it. That would mean Coutinho on the right. Milner on the right for his defensive abilities as opposed to Ibe i think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I would take 6 points for Bellerin right now every day of the week

Normally I would as well, but a live Monday night football is so much better with a few involved, every Arsenal corner or set piece could have given me a little rush as a Mert owner. There will be times tonight when Bellerin will give you a similar buzz, could even hit double figures like all the other players I didn't sign that I considered pre season.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

42% own at least one of Koscielny, Mertesacker, Walcott or Henderson

http://t.co/GW2ex6XHwE

But who is on those benches?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

FHFC wrote: »
    42% own at least one of Koscielny, Mertesacker, Walcott or Henderson

http://t.co/GW2ex6XHwE

But who is on those benches?

Francis, Wilson and Martin no doubt. Just had a luck at my main league and the leader has Azpi to sub in with 7 points. Outrageous good luck rewarding the stupidity to even have Azpi on the bench against West Brom and play Kos against Liverpool instead :mad:

I had a quick scan and there are a decent amount of 1 and 2 pointers as well. If Arsenal concede it's a bad break, if we keep a cleanie then it's a result that Per and Kos miss out

Thank the Lord for no Arsenal defence this gw

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Thank the Lord for no Arsenal defence this gw

Used my all out attack so Clyne would be on the bench, it worked out massivly for me though, as it meant i had Wilson on the pitch. I would of been sick if he was benched.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Just the third game and Milner going to be pushed wide? I doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Liverpool will be 4-3-3 I'd imagine with Lucas holding. Milner and Can will be 'orthodox' midfielders, Coutinho and Firmino wide with Benteke central.

Advertisement