Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW3 Match Day Thread

Options
1313233343537»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,081 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

That was a meh night for me, only because of one rival's luck.

He had Cech, Bellerin and Henderson. He also had Callum Wilson as second sub, with Danny Simpson as first sub.

The lad made 35 points last night for making weird ass choices like doubling up on Arsenal's defence then getting Wilson's points anyway, even though he played Wanyama instead of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

50 (-8) held onto WC, hopefully it was the right thing to do.

Mixed Feelings, a bit like this guy :

PYRGKjd.jpg

The surprised look is the residue of GW 1 and 2 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Top of my work league. Beating the boss, like a boss! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

50 for the week after last nights game, not fantastic considering I used my WC but happy to hit 50 for the second week in a row.

Happy with the away draw for Liverpool so all good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

8-10 wrote: »
    My first ever visit to the TRIPLE millionaire's club this GW.

Not sure I like this place very much

Well I haven't left the millionaires club since the start of the year, 1.5m week 1, 2.3m week 2, and 1.3m this week. Sees me sitting in 1.7m overall:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

58 all in after WC. Equates to 31 points more than my old team would have gotten me, so happy about that.

Think I made two poor picks on my WC, Deeney and (yes!) Sanchez. I don't think Alexis warrants 11% of my budget as, although he will have the odd explosion, there will be a lot of 2 and 3 pointers thrown in there. I don't rate him as captain material as you can never be confident he won't blank.

Have the cash for Sanchez and Deeney to Pedro and Benteke for -4 so will be having a think about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

It's too early to judge Aguero and Sanchez they have had no pre season. It's after the international break they should be up to speed. I think we all got a bit excited by their gw 2 performances myself included.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Well I haven't left the millionaires club since the start of the year, 1.5m week 1, 2.3m week 2, and 1.3m this week. Sees me sitting in 1.7m overall:o

Me neither.

GW1 - millionaire
    GW2 - double millionaire
    GW3 - triple millionaire

And I'm already -8 for GW4....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

70 at the end of the week, Benteke's 2 points had me drop from 9k to 24k.

Just had a quick look at the top of my work league, top has Cech and Hart, Kompany as captain, Azpil, Cahill, Coleman and Koscielny,

It's like he started spending the money on a goalie first basis, front three of Wickham, Cisse and Pelle

30 points ahead of me:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Not playing Bellerin has cost me dearly at this stage but I'm happy with that decision. If I can keep making decisions like that throughout the season, I think I'll eventually come out in front.

Still in the double millionaires club, however. That does suck a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Just had a quick look at the top of my work league, top has Cech and Hart, Kompany as captain, Azpil, Cahill, Coleman and Koscielny,

It's like he started spending the money on a goalie first basis, front three of Wickham, Cisse and Pelle

The lad that finished second in my work league last year would have been top 15k. He regularly played 5-4-1 and went with five top defenders and expensive goalie. He always played at least 4 defenders each week.

It amazed me how well he did. He didn't even have Aguero when he got his huge captain haul vs QPR.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Top of my league has had triple United defence with a Liverpool or two every week :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

There is a guy who is on the same points as me in my ML. He WC'ed last week and now has the following midfield - Mahrez, Henderson, Wanyama, Fletcher and Barry :eek:

He also has Falcao up front. Have to say I fancy my chances of finishing ahead of him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

57 (-4) for the week. 153 points in total. 180k rank. -8 for next week though which will see that fall a bit.

-4 worked out well enough. Aguero only matched Rooney but Shaw got 6 to Coates' 1 and there was a 0.2 swing in value.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

Happy enough with the GW - 61 with 17 from the 0-0 last night. Will probably bank the transfer this week as i wildcarded last week unless there is some money to be made on Wilson.

Have cleared out all the deadwood so noon in danger of losing value for the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭shano_88

35 points. Didnt have much luck this week. Rooney and Ramsey offside goals could have turned this into a good week.

Wildcard played. Ive lost ground already.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

51 all in,139pts in total. Cpt fail x3. Just outside 500k,annoying that 2k non 1st week starters have passed me!!!!

51 all in,139pts in total. Cpt fail x3. Just outside 500k,annoying that 2k non 1st week starters have passed me!!!!

If your week 1 ranking is the same as your overall ranking it means you have had a great season, don't worry about that at this stage, you seem to have a healthy enough total.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Lemlin wrote: »
    57 (-4) for the week. 153 points in total. 180k rank. -8 for next week though which will see that fall a bit.

-4 worked out well enough. Aguero only matched Rooney but Shaw got 6 to Coates' 1 and there was a 0.2 swing in value.
    Similar GW for me... without Kolarov.

46 (-4). 159 points in total. 106k rank (surprised that my 9 pts yesterday made me fall 20k+ positions, people must be loaded with Liverpool defenders?). -4 for next week which hopefully won't see me fall :p.

-4 worked OK too. Kane + Rooney (C) out for Gomis + Aguero (C). Same points. £0.4m positive diff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

If your week 1 ranking is the same as your overall ranking it means you have had a great season, don't worry about that at this stage, you seem to have a healthy enough total.

Not really bothered at all,2m after 1st week

Advertisement