Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW3 Match Day Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

38 points with Bellerin left, which I'll take and run for a non-wildcard, non-Aguero owning GW

40 with benteke
    will have aguero tonight for -4 and then have to decide on WC
    for the -4 I'll get sagna as I'm short for kolorov....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

3rd captain in a row delivers nothing, carrying on my biggest flaw in fpl over the years:o But thankfully Kolarov goal and CS makes it not the worst WC. On 50 with Sanchez to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

47 after baps with Sanchez and Bellerin to play. Kolarov and Courtois putting in good shifts today. Aguero(c) and Silva not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

48 with Gomez and Sanchez to play tomorrow. A big game for Sanchez tomorrow would be MASSIVE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

49 points with Sanchez left. Satisfied with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Am I the only one to experience some connectivity problems with boards? Couldn't connect earlier on with my desktop (using the laptop here where I was already logged on from yesterday), it's telling me I can't connect to the site because the webpage presents a redirection loop...
    First time that ever happens. Is there some setting to change/adjust on my browser?

---

Outside that: catastrophic Sunday for me, despite Azpi goal. All popular WC choices overperformed (e.g. Courtois, Kolarov). None of my big guns involved, including a captain fail. Not playing the WC looks like a mistake now, especially since the GW2 WC template paid great dividends.

Only saving grace is my 4 pts hit was even pts wise and worked well value wise. Kane & Rooney (C) to Gomis & Aguero (C).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

shineon23 wrote: »
    Southampton defence looked solid today.

If they continue their 3 at the back formation and keep clean sheets there is value to be had there;

Cedric (5.0)
    Targett(4.0)/Bertrand(5.4)
    playing as wingers

Yoshida (4.5) centre back.

Cedric/Bertrand are a bit expensive at the moment but would be a threat going forward.

Watched the game too.
    Had mane Yosh and Stek.
    Wouldn't put anyone off considering a Watford def. either.
    They handled Pelle well and looked good on the counter.
    Think Anya is best 4.5M mid.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Jaysus Sagna hoovered up the bonus. I don't know how many games so far this year a defender with no attacking returns has gotten bonus.

Looks like Sagna 3, Kolarov 2, Ya(fcuking)ya 1.

68 with Sanchez to play. Had I not Wildcarded, I'd be on 19 with 2 to play. :D

Having said that, all the picks were long term ones...never expected all the returns in this week. Delighted I took the plunge when my gut told me to though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

iroced wrote: »
    Am I the only one to experience some connectivity problems with boards? Couldn't connect earlier on with my desktop (using the laptop here where I was already logged on from yesterday), it's telling me I can't connect to the site because the webpage presents a redirection loop...
    First time that ever happens. Is there some setting to change/adjust on my browser?

---

Outside that: catastrophic Sunday for me, despite Azpi goal. All popular WC choices overperformed (e.g. Courtois, Kolarov). None of my big guns involved, including a captain fail. Not playing the WC looks like a mistake now, especially since the GW2 WC template paid great dividends.

Only saving grace is my 4 pts hit was even pts wise and worked well value wise. Kane & Rooney (C) to Gomis & Aguero (C).

I've been having trouble all day connecting.
    I think it's too early to call WCers this GW a success. We missed out on a 15 point Kolarov haul (some might have gone Kompany anyway) but not too much else. I had a captain return from Sakho I wouldn't have had otherwise and just got Aguero in for free

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Well might as well admit I have wilson on the bench, unless arsenal Liverpool gets called off he ain't coming on, didn't think West ham would have such a poor defensive display.

42 (-4) with benteke and bellerin.

Also what's wrong with boards keeps crashing on me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

There are problems with boards today alright. Pretty happy with things today. Should even pick up a few BP but regret not shipping Fab instead of Sterling for Yaya which was my original plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Looks like I'm finishing on 62 today with Sanchez (c) to go.

Happy with that with no Chelsea coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

FutureGuy wrote: »

Will Kolarov not pass Sagna when the winning goal bps are added?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

How did Sterling play? I see he got an assist and just saw one brief highlight where he slipped a pass to Silva but Silva hit the post.

I've been having trouble all day connecting.
    Right. Big thunderstorms day down here so that may be a reason but was only having troubles with boards...
    I think it's too early to call WCers this GW a success. We missed out on a 15 point Kolarov haul (some might have gone Kompany anyway) but not too much else. I had a captain return from Sakho I wouldn't have had otherwise and just got Aguero in for free
    Was mainly talking about my own team as I debated for half the week using it or not. Would be a good 30 pts better (need to see Benteke's return tomorrow) with no 4 pts hits and Sanchez to play tomorrow had I played it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

ElTel wrote: »
    Watched the game too.
    Had mane Yosh and Stek.
    Wouldn't put anyone off considering a Watford def. either.
    They handled Pelle well and looked good on the counter.
    Think Anya is best 4.5M mid.

Must keep an eye on them so, but I tend to steer clear of promoted sides until the table takes shape a few weeks in.

Having watched the Europa League match Thursday as well I'm keeping both eyes on Romeu, providing he keeps his place I think he'll be my 5th MF for the season.

As a Southampton fan from an FPL perspective I'm secretly hoping Spurs offer ridiculous money for Wayanama.:confused: to guarantee Romeu's place.
    Saints have depth in Central MF when they have a full squad to choose from(Davis, Classy, Reid, Hesketh, Ward-Prowse) so a sale wouldn't be a complete disaster.

Lemlin wrote: »
    How did Sterling play? I see he got an assist and just saw one brief highlight where he slipped a pass to Silva but Silva hit the post.
    Didn't know that. When it's not your day it's not your day :pac:...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

50 points (Pre BPs from City) with Sanchez to go, normality resuming?

https://gyazo.com/d1e7821d91ac7d638a4a6e45f9755715

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Lemlin wrote: »

Best game yet. He should have had a second assist for the Silva goal but he missed a sitter from a Silva pass earlier in the game.

Not my preferred City midfielder but you may as well hold him for now if you have him. Silva was far and away the best player on the pitch by some distance but unfortunate he did not get the points to show it. I'd be very uncomfortable not having Silva for his upcoming run, he looked far more dangerous than Aguero!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

A good day with kolorav goal could've been even better if I'd stuck with Pedro over hazard that last min change cost me 8 pts . However I'm now in a position to go with both haz and Pedro next week. Also not too dissapointed with the aguero blank as I've sanchez captain.51 with sanchez captain to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Jaysus Sagna hoovered up the bonus. I don't know how many games so far this year a defender with no attacking returns has gotten bonus.

68 with Sanchez to play. Had I not Wildcarded, I'd be on 19 with 2 to play. :D

Having said that, all the picks were long term ones...never expected all the returns in this week. Delighted I took the plunge when my gut told me to though.

Same. I never thought I'd get the immediate returns I did. I don't even care about Aguero's captain fail. So far, it's proof again that the gut instinct on when to use the wildcard is often right.

65 this week with Sanchez left if BPs stay as is.

Happy out.

Kolarov+Sagna 3, Yaya 1 after ESP as expected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Kolarov sneaking a 3rd bap is great news.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

55 (-4) after Kolarov gets his three bonus. Benteke to go.

The team I would have wildcarded too also amazingly got 55 but would have had Sanchez and Benteke to go.

Gomes+Nyom 3, Caulker 1 in the other match. I wasn't paying full attention but Watford should have scored, Capoue I believe missed from 3 yards out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Gomes+Nyom 3, Caulker 1 in the other match. I wasn't paying full attention but Watford should have scored, Capoue I believe missed from 3 yards out

2 clean sheets in a row for Watford.

How did Prodl do on the bps score? Is he close to any additional pts in the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

58 with Sanchez left, delighted with WC choices like Kolarov, Gomis,Courtois,Darmian.

Invested some of my gains on Pedro, Yaya and Mignolet. Nice and early in the season to take hits and with Chelsea,Liverpool and City at home next week I may get back the -8 pretty early.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Chesty08 wrote: »
    2 clean sheets in a row for Watford.

How did Prodl do on the bps score? Is he close to any additional pts in the future?

He scored 20, he was fairly well down the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

67 with Giroud to play tomorrow, also done some pruning of the squad with Pedro for Hazard and Aguero for Kane.

Happy camper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

63 with Sanchez to go. No chelsea cover. Happy with the returns from my wildcard. Made big ground in all my leagues :)

Advertisement