Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW3 Match Day Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,538 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

37 (-4)points and 3 more off the bench with benteke and bellerin to play. The struggle goes on this year.

43 points each of the first 2 weeks, wonder if I'll match that again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

45 with Sanchez and Benteke to play tonight, happy enough with that for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

35 (-4). Another day yesterday of just about staying afloat. Started off well with Courtois peno save and Hazard save, but ended up poorly with Mane injured and Aguero (c).

Mertesacker, Ozil and Benteke to go tonight, so hoping for some returns there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Another poor FPL weekend so far

38 (-8)

Bellerin, Ozil, Benteke to play

Thinking about pulling the plug on WC :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

My disastrous use of wildcards continues.

Flipflopped on a few decisions and ended up on the wrong side of them as usual

Payet instead of Pedro
    Kompany instead of kolarov
    Richards instead of Martin - And to compound that, decided to play Richards instead of Francis

and my fascination with insisting on having an ex-rovers player in the team backfires by bringing in Gestede. And as long as there are donkeys like agbonlahor getting a game at villa, gestede is never going to succeed

• Advertisement

Colking wrote: »
    Another poor FPL weekend so far

38 (-8)

Bellerin, Ozil, Benteke to play

Thinking about pulling the plug on WC :(

Thinking the same thing...though I think GW3 may have been the week to pull the trigger on the WC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Thinking the same thing...though I think GW3 may have been the week to pull the trigger on the WC

Very true, could have had a fair few risers in there. Ah well back to the drawing board.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I WC'd and am delighted I did, but there's no definitive 'the' week to do it. Loads of weeks will end up being good weeks for loads of people to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

3rd stinking week in a row. 21 (-4) with Bellerin, Ozil and Benteke tp play tonight.

Really not sure where to go to be honest other than wildcarding. My team isnt that bad on paper, but its just not producing.
    Ruddy Butland

Muniesa Bellerin Huth (Francis PvA)

Depay Ayew Ozil Hazard (Anya)

Deeney Aguero Benteke

I can wild card and improve the defence and maybe bolster attack. Pulling my hair out though.

SlickRic wrote: »
    I WC'd and am delighted I did, but there's no definitive 'the' week to do it. Loads of weeks will end up being good weeks for loads of people to do it.

Ah yeah, I know what you mean. I just mean't I don't think there'll be many price rises this week, and the returns were good for most people that used the WC to get in a lot of the common players mentioned on here (Kolarov, Mahrez, Gomis, Diouf). My issue is that, on paper my team is decent (I think!), and I feel that it could kick into gear at any time. I'm terrified of wildcarding and my pre-WC team outscoring by post-WC team!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Another sorta wildcard success story.

56 witn sanchez to play and up to 190k OR is good.

Messing about with last minute changes putting depay in for silva and fooking up my plan going fwd. Not so good.

Going soare over ward and benching martin for the og star. Annoying.

Fairly set for a -4 this week but happy enough to do that to stay ahead of the curve a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

FHFC wrote: »
    Another sorta wildcard success story.

56 witn sanchez to play and up to 190k OR is good.

Messing about with last minute changes putting depay in for silva and fooking up my plan going fwd. Not so good.

Going soare over ward and benching martin for the og star. Annoying.

Fairly set for a -4 this week but happy enough to do that to stay ahead of the curve a bit.

Our teams sound fairly similar, sitting on 55 with Sanchez to play, and I'm also considering a -4 to get Pedro in for Depay,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Our teams sound fairly similar, sitting on 55 with Sanchez to play, and I'm also considering a -4 to get Pedro in for Depay,

If I'd left it alone i coulda had silva in already and exactly enough for depay to pedro. Now I'll have to go yaya and pedro for -4 unless i go without a city mid for Watford onwards.

FHFC wrote: »
    If I'd left it alone i coulda had silva in already and exactly enough for depay to pedro. Now I'll have to go yaya and pedro for -4 unless i go without a city mid for Watford onwards.

I already have Yaya so I'd say we're fairly close.

Courtois (McCarthy)
    Souare Kolarov Richards Martin Gomez
    Surman Sanchez Yaya Payet depay
    Aguero Gomis Diouf

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

39 here with Benteke and Mertesacker to go, thank God for Jermaine Defoe, that lovely little man. I feel that the two extra points Mane would have gotten for a clean sheet would been lovely, that's how bad things are.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

41(-4) with Mertesacker, Ozil and Benteke to go.

Looks like Hazard to Pedro will be popular transfer this week.

wonski wrote: »
    41(-4) with Mertesacker, Ozil and Benteke to go.

Looks like Hazard to Pedro will be popular transfer this week.

Yep, thank fook he's protected until Friday, give me a few days to think about it

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

Benteke hopefully has a quiet game with a yellow card to boot. No more dubious decisions either would help after last Monday's game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Yep, thank fook he's protected until Friday, give me a few days to think about it

It is Hazard's price I am worried about now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I benched Bellerin for Ward instead as I didn't want a MNF conflict. Almost worked out if it wasn't for a dodgy OG. I have Mignolet and Benteke left, so I'm all for Liverpool tonight!

36 points with no hits taken!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Either a Liverpool clean sheet or a Liverpool win 2-1 with Ox scoring for Arsenal to make up for my lost clean sheet from Gomez would have me quite happy. Either would have me passing 50 for the first time this season :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Paddy_Irishman

AdMMM wrote: »
    I benched Bellerin for Ward instead as I didn't want a MNF conflict. Almost worked out if it wasn't for a dodgy OG. I have Mignolet and Benteke left, so I'm all for Liverpool tonight!

36 points with no hits taken!

Yeah I was opposite to you, I was cursing benching Ward until the OG!

My heart as a liverpool fan says says 2-0 Benteke brace but my fantasy head says 2-1 to Arsenal. Ozil brace, bellerin x2 assist and Benteke scorer!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

69 with Sanchez to go tonight. Up from 2.1m to 300k.

Sanchez has been doing extra training like a beast and I'm really excited by what he could possibly do tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,335 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Going into GW4 with less than 100pts total.

Disaster of a season.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Rikand wrote: »

My disastrous use of wildcards continues.

Flipflopped on a few decisions and ended up on the wrong side of them as usual

Payet instead of Pedro
    Kompany instead of kolarov
    Richards instead of Martin - And to compound that, decided to play Richards instead of Francis

and my fascination with insisting on having an ex-rovers player in the team backfires by bringing in Gestede. And as long as there are donkeys like agbonlahor getting a game at villa, gestede is never going to succeed

Did you plan on setting your team up for just one GW, or for the next 14?

You can't say the WC was a success or failure after one GW, it's like the folk saying captaining Aguero was wrong after he blanked yesterday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 On The Q.T

38 with Mertesacker, Benteke and Henderson to go (Hoping Henderson is out as I have 6 points from Steven Taylor coming off the bench)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

On 63 with Sanchez to go. Jumped from 1.9m to around 350k.
    Really glad that I wildcarded, had a rough two weeks with my initial team.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Decent week so far.
    On 54 with Benteke and Sanchez to play.

Hoping for a high scoring affair this evening.

After a terrible GW 1 of 25 points, I got 51 in GW 2 and 54 so far in GW 3 has me on 130 points which is ok.

I'd like an average score of 55 per week for The rest of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 13,335 ✭✭✭✭8-10

On The Q.T wrote: »
    38 with Mertesacker, Benteke and Henderson to go (Hoping Henderson is out as I have 6 points from Steven Taylor coming off the bench)

Pretty sure he's out judging by the rumoured lineups doing the rounds. Sounds like Can, Lucas, Firmino in for Henderson, Ibe & Lallana (who is our for up to 4 weeks)

Jordan Rossiter on the bench

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hi lads, couldn't log in at all yesterday due to the forum being in meltdown. You only realise how much you miss the banter etc during the games on here when it's gone!

I had no Chelsea so started fearing for the worst when Courtois saved that penalty and Hazard chipped in with the assist, but overall, considering they scored 3 goals, it went alright. I don't think anyone can begrudge Courtois owners that penalty save after what happened on the opening day. Pedro is going to be superb value at £9.5m I'd imagine and a much easier route into Chelsea attacking coverage than the aforementioned and Costa. I'm already looking to work him in for Depay before his price explodes despite being encouraged with the United man on Saturday. Just a shame Hazard got the assist as he would have dropped £0.2m without it.

I had Aguero (C), Silva and Kolarov in the City game and if I was offered 22 points pre-game I'd have taken it all day long. Silva was the best player on the pitch by a country mile, so it was disappointing to be kicked in the bollocks by Yaya's late assist. I know I'm biased due to owning him, but I'd feel a lot more encouraged with Silva than I would Toure. He's involved in absolutely everything and it probably isn't a coincidence that Toure's assist came with Aguero off the field, as most of his hauls seem come without the Argentinian.

59 points so far with Sanchez to go tonight who is a massive differential in my main leagues. A very good GW.

Advertisement