Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2016/17 Off-Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 johnny112

Consonata wrote: »
    How are y'all feeling?

Lads, this waiting crack is horrible, I just want it to be over at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

I see there's an app for calculating the points for any of ye that simply cant make it up in year head with the pressure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭padraigmck

How are y'all feeling?
    Woke up today at 6:30 thinking today was results day.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Hulgerx10

How are y'all feeling?

Apparently the demand for the subject area I'm going for (Law) has increased by 6.5%, which is one of the highest. Not very good :(

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭linguist

Teacher here. From the bottom of my heart best of luck to all of you for tomorrow. I know today is tough going - believe me, it is for some of us too. But 24 hours from now, it will be such a different story for all of you and just about everyone will find they've done better than they expected.

Please don't torture yourselves worrying about points at this stage. I know it's easier said than done. The ramifications of the new grades will not be immediately clear but with fewer grades to award and consequently fewer combinations possible, it is likely that the points nominally required for many courses will appear to fall. But you can't extrapolate that from the results you get tomorrow. You have come through the most arduous examination of your young lives. You are a credit to yourselves and all who've taught and guided you and truly, once that envelope is open tomorrow morning, a massive weight will lift and you owe it to yourselves to enjoy the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭BadBannana

I'm feeling if tomorrow doesn't work out I can try and make money marketing the LC as a laxative

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

My stomach has been doing flips all day. I just want to rip the envelope open at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Couldn't care less at this stage about results. I'm feeling surprisingly relaxed about the whole thing

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

... the tiny pieces of paper landed in the outdoor run where I keep my hens. The hens started to pick up the pieces of paper and run around tearing them up further.
    I've finally figured out where you got your username!! :pac:
    So ya, any philosophers out there that want to interpret the meaning of the dream feel free to do so, because I'm lost.
    I suspect it's as simple as your sub-conscious yelling "I'm nervous and stressed, and I have no control over the situation!!" at you.

Which you don't at this stage, all you can do is try to keep yourself busy / distracted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lala1639

Went to a private school last year and sat the exams in a different school and my results were posted out to me.

I repeated in the same private chool this year and sat my exams in it but I'm unsure if the results will be posted out to me as I'm not an external candidate.

Does anyone know if they will be posted out to me?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Lala1639 wrote: »
    Went to a private school last year and sat the exams in a different school and my results were posted out to me.

I repeated in the same private chool this year and sat my exams in it but I'm unsure if the results will be posted out to me as I'm not an external candidate.

Does anyone know if they will be posted out to me?

If you are not an external they will go to the place you sat them.
    They will eventually be posted out to you by wherever you sat the exam.

You could get them online if you have your PIN.

For tomorrow: Points calculator 2017 (Qualifax)

Looking beyond that to CAO offers next week: How CAO offers work

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭EireLemon

Anyone else's school not told them what time to be in at?

Half the schools in the country, usually ... or more often it is mentioned at the end of year, but everyone is too stressed / distracted to remember.

Ask someone from your school who did LC last year, or chance going in after 9.30

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Consonata

Just be glad when its over haha.

10am would be a good time.

12/1pm if you want to avoid people lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I know my previous school has 10am on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭VG31

EireLemon wrote: »

Mine hasn't said anything either. I think it might have been 9.30 in previous years.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=73673077&postcount=159

See above as to what is in the envelope and what to expect. It's an old post so it refers to grades like A, but be prepared for at least two sheets. One with the results and one for booking a time to view your scripts, should you want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Shaggysheep

10 am and only open till 12

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Ponguin

Literally don't know how I feel lol so many different potential situations going on in my head 😩

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭padraigmck

Not long to go now...... the nerves are really kicking in

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭thetalker

Most of my year went and got their results at 9:00, I went at 9:20 and nearly everyone had left...

Got 565 which is great though I'll wait and see what points theoretical physics in trinity are before celebrating. I'll probably check over scripts just in case.
    Overall it seemed points went up for people who do generally well and stayed the same for those who scored a more middle ground.

Hope everyone gets what they need!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭BadBannana

H4 in maths, delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

I've a friend who's got well enough points for engineering, he has nearly 50 points to spare, but fell short of the H4 maths requirement (got a H5) he's looking into special maths exams now to try and get in.

Do many people get into engineering as a result of the special entrance exams or is it only a few here and there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Just wondering whats the latest date you can appeal your resultd by. I did not go into school to get my results so I would not know. As I viewed them online. But I plan to go Monday to get them.

Just wondering whats the latest date you can appeal your resultd by. I did not go into school to get my results so I would not know. As I viewed them online. But I plan to go Monday to get them.

To view the scripts it's Tuesday next. The actual viewings will be Friday 1st and Saturday 2nd September.

Then if you decide you want to appeal, the date to apply by is September 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

spurious wrote: »
    To view the scripts it's Tuesday next. The actual viewings will be Friday 1st and Saturday 2nd September.

Then if you decide you want to appeal, the date to apply by is September 6th.

And lets say, you appeal and your successful, come October and the points you get is enough for the course that you previously did not get because of the points you had. What happens then?

And lets say, you appeal and your successful, come October and the points you get is enough for the course that you previously did not get because of the points you had. What happens then?

I think if there's space you get in, even if the course has started, if not, they keep a place for you next year. I'm not sure of the details to be honest, but I'm sure there is someone on here has been through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

spurious wrote: »
    I think if there's space you get in, even if the course has started, if not, they keep a place for you next year. I'm not sure of the details to be honest, but I'm sure there is someone on here has been through it.

If you are successful and get the points that the course was this year, it is down to the college and they may give you a choice also. Some courses there may be a space and you can catch up. Others are too difficult to catch up and they'd keep you a place next year. Others it would simply be full and you would have to wait until next year.

• Advertisement

If there's space and if the college is happy that someone joining at that stage will be able to catch up and cope ... for a small number of courses which are pretty intensive from the get-go they will normally guarantee your place for next year rather than offering you a place this year.

Advertisement