Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price Changes 2015/2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

iroced wrote: »
    Depends what means "doesn't bother" though. FWIR his team value was around £104m at the end of last year, so not that much below the ones who do care. Since the removal of WC in the price changes, it's not as important as it used to be to build a huge team value. It's worth noting that last year was a year with several sub £6.0m strikers over-performing, which is a bit unusual.

I know I'm always a chaser of team value but this year i really think it could be important. Kane negated the advantage pretty much last year, but also if you had early in the season wanted Silva, Hazard and Sanchez you could have had them for 3.5m less than this year. Aguero was 12.5 iirc so all 4 cost 4m more. They remain the premuim players to have, and despite the selection of mid price mids its still impossible currently to fit them all.

After xmas, barring a new Kane, i.e.a 5m captaincy option with huge ownership, an extra 1m or 2 could be a huge advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

FHFC wrote: »
    I know I'm always a chaser of team value but this year i really think it could be important. Kane negated the advantage pretty much last year, but also if you had early in the season wanted Silva, Hazard and Sanchez you could have had them for 3.5m less than this year. Aguero was 12.5 iirc so all 4 cost 4m more. They remain the premuim players to have, and despite the selection of mid price mids its still impossible currently to fit them all.

After xmas, barring a new Kane, i.e.a 5m captaincy option with huge ownership, an extra 1m or 2 could be a huge advantage.
    Yeah. 2 years ago is the best example of the team value advantage. WC transfers were included and you could actually get one or two extra premium players by the January WC had you built a significant team value. We were talking about £106-107m January resale value then! And (the added condition) the premium players did perform!

Of course there are always exceptions and ways to make it differently. But for me, trying to build my team value early on without jumping crazy on every single £0.1m up or down to hopefully take advantage of it in the second part of the season is the simplest way I found to consistently perform ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Depends what means "doesn't bother" though. FWIR his team value was around £104m at the end of last year, so not that much below the ones who do care. Since the removal of WC in the price changes, it's not as important as it used to be to build a huge team value. It's worth noting that last year was a year with several sub £6.0m strikers over-performing, which is a bit unusual.

I think he just picks who he thinks will perform best and will hold a player even if his price is plummeting if he feels they will come good. Maybe Im wrong and swiper will confirm. Although I just checked his team and he has already made 2 transfers this week so maybe he has changed strategy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I was in the same conundrum earlier in the week, had a .1 price rise on Yaya & it looked like Silva would rise. I will be putting Silva in the team for start of GW3 so made the transfer.

What I should of done and what I would advise you to do is leave it, let them both rise. Therefore you will have gained a .1 resale on Yaya.

Now I know you will lose this as soon as you sign Silva,10.1, from your money in the bank.

But going forward when you look to sell Silva it will be for 10.1 & not 10.. if you transfer tonight /tomorrow (before rise)

You might get lucky and only Yaya will rise (which I'm dreading)

Thanks....you lost me a bit with your last two sentences,I currently have Yaya,so hold him for the night,and if I prefer Silva for final WC team,Yaya will have gained me .1 in team value if he gets second rise before I swop him out??

Hope you follow that:)

Thanks....you lost me a bit with your last two sentences,I currently have Yaya,so hold him for the night,and if I prefer Silva for final WC team,Yaya will have gained me .1 in team value if he gets second rise before I swop him out??

What he meant is, assuming both Yaya and Silva will rise £0.1m before the deadline, if you keep Yaya now and cash in your £0.1m profit on him when you'll sell him, you'd be able to get Silva for £10.1m without actually spending the extra £0.1m from your initial budget (since this extra £0.1m would be cancelled by the one you gained on Yaya). The advantage is you may be able to sell Silva for an extra £0.1m later and who knows that may help you get e.g. Hazard in easier :cool:.

• Advertisement

Yeah. 2 years ago is the best example of the team value advantage. WC transfers were included and you could actually get one or two extra premium players by the January WC had you built a significant team value. We were talking about £106-107m January resale value then! And (the added condition) the premium players did perform!

Of course there are always exceptions and ways to make it differently. But for me, trying to build my team value early on without jumping crazy on every single £0.1m up or down to hopefully take advantage of it in the second part of the season is the simplest way I found to consistently perform ;).

I had a look at last year's tv thread (of course I did!!:)) and last Jan i has tv over 108m, resale 105.6, your resale was around 1m less but many others on the thread were closer to 2m less in resale. Those kind of numbers would be a huge advantage. Btw i cant avoid mentioning i was 745 in the world at the time too so not a purely team value chaser.. .;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

At this stage you are better of sticking with Yaya until he rises again and then switching to Silva.
    So if Yaya rises again you can bank 0.1. You will probably have to buy Silva at 10.1 but he will have a resale value of 10.1 as well. If you buy Silva at 10.0 and he rises to 10.1 you will only have a resale value of 10.0.

Hope that makes sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

Was that necessary??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Do people think that Kone will go up again this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Big Borg wrote: »
    Was that necessary??

What I meant Big Borg was whether I had phrased my response clearly or not.

• Advertisement

I had a look at last year's tv thread (of course I did!!:)) and last Jan i has tv over 108m, resale 105.6, your resale was around 1m less but many others on the thread were closer to 2m less in resale. Those kind of numbers would be a huge advantage. Btw i cant avoid mentioning i was 745 in the world at the time too so not a purely team value chaser.. .;)
    Well, I keep a few files each year in my season fantasy football directory :P :o with various info/stuff I tracked/analysed during the year (I consult them at times, it's sometimes good to have an hindsight view on my past decision making, last year for example it clearly made me go for a one team GK and it was globally a success). The fpl stats site that appeared last year http://www.anewpla.net/ffpl saved me a lot of hassle for that matter ;). Anyway, hence I know my resale value was £106.9m for GW21 2 years ago and it's quicker than scrolling back the forum tongue.png...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Thanks for the info.
    No problems with giving ones fpl id. to them for logging in?

ElTel wrote: »
    Thanks for the info.
    No problems with giving ones fpl id. to them for logging in?
    Nope. Anyway what can they do with your ID? Check how good you are :D:p...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,354 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

The price changes are fairly wild so far. If a player does not perform for two weeks his price dramatically falls, regardless of the next fixtures.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

No rises, a few falls tonight

Martina
    Collins
    McManaman
    Brunt
    Rodwell
    Coates
    Odemwingie
    Bardsley
    Kaboul
    Dummett
    Bony
    Fernando
    Lambert
    Baines
    Ramires
    Terry
    Chamberlain
    Cazorla
    Walcott

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Francis lasts another night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

zarquon wrote: »
    No rises, a few falls tonight

Martina
    Collins
    McManaman
    Brunt
    Rodwell
    Coates
    Odemwingie
    Bardsley
    Kaboul
    Dummett
    Bony
    Fernando
    Lambert
    Baines
    Ramires
    Terry
    Chamberlain
    Cazorla
    Walcott

This is all down to Wenger.

I like to think he hasn't played him as he wanted Theo's price to drop in value so he could afford him for his own FPL team.

sword1 wrote: »
    Francis lasts another night

Probably won't last the big friday rush tomorrow. Expect a lot of changes in 24 hours time.

The price changes are fairly wild so far. If a player does not perform for two weeks his price dramatically falls, regardless of the next fixtures.

According to FFFIX the threshold for drops is lower this year. Keeping value killers out of your team will be key tobuilding team value.

According to FFFIX the threshold for drops is lower this year. Keeping value killers out of your team will be key tobuilding team value.

Have to agree with this. I wildcarded due to the fallers in my team, i was less concerned about rises.This week will have very few 0.2 risers unfortunately. I had hoped for a few but it looks like Yaya, Kompany and possibly Aguero will be it.

I think the main thing this year will be to maintain team value rather than trying to increase it.

• Advertisement

zarquon wrote: »
    Probably won't last the big friday rush tomorrow. Expect a lot of changes in 24 hours time.
    I realise he will drop, I don't think conceding 2 goals in 2 games is too bad and expect to hang on to him long-term

sword1 wrote: »
    I realise he will drop, I don't think conceding 2 goals in 2 games is too bad and expect to hang on to him long-term

He's a great buy at 4.4. Really should have had a clean sheet at Liverpool only for a blatently offside goal to be incorrectly awarded. He'll get attacking points too if Bournemouth can find their shooting boots.

Do you mean that if player x is transferred out by 10 k this week he could drop in price, be transferred in by 12 k next week and not rise, is that how it is working that at the end of the season a player could be owned by more than the start and cost less, not accounting for going over the threshold by large % some weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Damn it Coates, you just had to hang on two more nights! My first drop, which I guess isn't bad going.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Will Rooney drop tonight do ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Was there def no rises? my team value went up .2 for sure over night.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭8-10

What was your team?

Totalfpl shows no risers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Will Rooney drop tonight do ye think?

Coin toss and there will be a heavy amount of transfers tonight and early tomorrow morning.

I have a feeling he might just squeak through. If he doesn't perform again this weekend though I can see him dropping by .2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Don't think there was any risers.

So it looks like only Maherz and probably YaYa and Gomis will get the 0.2 rise this week. Maherz will be a keeper for whoever bought him and Gomis probably the same. I think the main gain for people wildcarding this week was in avoiding drops, I would have had up to 7 people drop which would have been a killer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Looks like my team gone up by .1 as well

Advertisement