Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price Changes 2015/2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

jimmii wrote: »
    Mahrez already over 100% on FPLS and Gomis & Yaya looking like they should get number 2 tonight as well.

Not great then so far. Was looking at keeping Mahrez and Gomis. Also took Yaya out for Silva before he rose.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I would imagine that there are some casuals who see certain teams with 5m more than them (assuming casuals know how to check team value?) and think how the hell is that fair that he has so much more than me. Whereas if, as you say, its on the FPL site then everyone is working of the same data and it levels the playing field further. Its something I half expect them to add each season but maybe they have got into this mindset of ha ha price changes are a secret ha ha we're so clever. If that is the case I would imagine the staff who call the shots at FPL will have to change for it to happen I think we've all worked somewhere where there is that one guy who has been there for ages who refuses to make an obvious change for just because.

I'm still in the opposite camp, I fully agree that the playing field should be leveled, but I think FPL should do it by making it harder for 3rd party sites to get the data.

There is no reason that they should publish NTI and NTO information if they don't want people figuring out the algorithm. If they want to level the playing field, don't publish the data. Simple. Then we're all in the same boat and we're all making our transfers for the more genuine reasons of picking players based on form and fixtures rather than the fear of price rises/drops

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

8-10 wrote: »
    I'm still in the opposite camp, I fully agree that the playing field should be leveled, but I think FPL should do it by making it harder for 3rd party sites to get the data.

There is no reason that they should publish NTI and NTO information if they don't want people figuring out the algorithm. If they want to level the playing field, don't publish the data. Simple. Then we're all in the same boat and we're all making our transfers for the more genuine reasons of picking players based on form and fixtures rather than the fear of price rises/drops

Yeh that would be just as good posting that data is like they are is just being a tease!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Mahrez already over 100% on FPLS and Gomis & Yaya looking like they should get number 2 tonight as well.

Fffix have probably been more accurate this week.

They have yaya at only 73%, Gomis at 80.5%. Both predicted for tomorrow but i'd not be surprised if it was Friday.

Mahrez at 89 and predicted to rise tonight but i'd say its borderline.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I don't agree with you on the levelling of the playing field thing. But, I do agree with you on the second part there, if they don't want us to be able to figure out who is going to rise and not rise the smartest thing to do would be take away the data rather than worrying about us copping the algorithm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Mane to united?
    That allays my fears of a price drop this week... hopefully.
    Will he play tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

ElTel wrote: »
    Mane to united?
    Will he play tonight?

Southampton not playing till tomorrow so they have time to make a decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭Invincible

ElTel wrote: »
    Mane to united?
    Will he play tonight?

Would he start for Utd or who would he replace?

Invincible wrote: »
    Would he start for Utd or who would he replace?
    It is an interesting question really. I mean the implication was that the reason that Depay and Januzaj were playing number 10 was because LVG didn't want Mata to play there. But going forward, if the bank of 3 was to be Depay, Mata and Mané, Mata is the obvious candidate to play number 10. I'd expect a pretty fluid setup between the 3, but still this was the situation United were going for whichever attacking wide player United signed so Van Gaal obviously knows what he wants to do, otherwise he'd have gone for a great 10 instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,186 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I assumed Silva would rise before Yaya does again. I'll be slightly annoyed if I'm wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

SlickRic wrote: »
    I assumed Silva would rise before Yaya does again. I'll be slightly annoyed if I'm wrong.

I reckon that'll be the case or it'll be on the same day, i'll be very disappointed on the lost .1 otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

You want it more simple? Just remove price changes. And we'll all be playing fantasyfootball only and not fantasyteamvalue alongside it.

But, since there are price changes, it'll be an absolute mascarade if we had no info whatsoever about them. Every time you want a player and you're just around £0.2-£0.3m able to afford him you'd have to get him in on the first day of the given week to be sure not to be priced out. That'd be ridiculous.

If I follow your logic to an extreme, there's also no reason why they should give us access to the players goals, assists, CS, playing time, etc... well basically all available stats on their website. After all, we can find most of these stats on other websites. But if the game becomes a pain in the ass about its own stats I'm not sure they'd keep their exponential success on.
    CSF wrote: »
    I don't agree with you on the levelling of the playing field thing. But, I do agree with you on the second part there, if they don't want us to be able to figure out who is going to rise and not rise the smartest thing to do would be take away the data rather than worrying about us copping the algorithm.
    But it's in their interest that we search for figuring it out! See how many FPL-dedicated sites it exists now? It increases the interest/excitement we all have for it. I actually think that they're changing the price changes rules for the same reason. I'd not be surprised that in next year or the year after next they bring another difference to it. 2 years ago they removed the weighting factors. Last year they removed WC transfers from the calculations. Maybe they did change something this year that we're not yet aware of. It increases the drama and that is excellent for their development!

But the fairer ways are either no price changes or they give the info themselves. Do they want it to be fair though? I'm not sure... The evolution of the bonus points system would tend to make me think so but the price changes "obscurantism" :p and the 3 new chips we have this year show that they want to add excitement and "disequilibrium" to the game.

That's a pretty interesting theory the f*ckin pr*ckteases

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Hoover

What's the predictions for tonight who do you think is up,myself I think kolarov will rise, as for the fallers it seems wide open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Hoover wrote:
    What's the predictions for tonight who do you think is up myself I think kolarov will rise,

FFFix have McCarthy, Kolarov, Gomez and Silva to rise tonight.

Loads of fallers including Cazorla, Mane and Francis.

Hoover wrote: »
    What's the predictions for tonight who do you think is up,myself I think kolarov will rise, as for the fallers it seems wide open.

Both FPL Stats and FFFix have Kolorov, Silva, Gomez and McCarthy rising. FPL Stats also have YaYa and Mahrez rising.

However, no one is massively over 100%, so no guarantee any or all will rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Benimar wrote: »
    Both FPL Stats and FFFix have Kolorov, Silva, Gomez and McCarthy rising. FPL Stats also have YaYa and Mahrez rising.

However, no one is massively over 100%, so no guarantee any or all will rise.

Please hold off on Silva till next week ;)

B1MXQwL.jpg

Also, let Gomez, Yaya and Mahrez keep skyrocketing.

Colking wrote: »
    Please hold off on Silva till next week

I think you will be out of luck. No way he survives the 'Friday night Rush' given the level of transfers in he already has.

iroced wrote: »
    You want it more simple?

Nope, more difficult. I think you missed my point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

UP

Kolarov
    Shaw
    Mahrez

DOWN

Hangeland
    McClean
    Larsson
    Gayle
    Origi
    Walters
    Ayoze
    Routledge
    Shawcross
    Oscar
    Cleverley
    José Enrique

• Advertisement

Coates survives! What a hero

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Coates survives! What a hero

Damn his oily hide !!

I took a hit on Monday swapping him for Richards as I was sure he would drop, that'll show me :(

I'm still yet to have a player drop. He's the closest

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Fpls (who are in "learning mode) seem to have adjusted their calculations quite a bit after the rises/falls last night. Silva and Gomis were 100+ last night now in the mid 80s. Coates back to -91 having been well over.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'm still yet to have a player drop. He's the closest

Same here. I've been tempted to shift him out but I'm already on -4, and really don't want to take another hit for the sake of 0.1 (granted, could have been a 0.2 swing if I replaced him with Richards, but still). Really just need to get to the weekend and hope that there aren't more pressing transfers after the GW.
    FHFC wrote: »
    Fpls (who are in "learning mode) seem to have adjusted their calculations quite a bit after the rises/falls last night. Silva and Gomis were 100+ last night now in the mid 80s. Coates back to -91 having been well over.

Bentaleb has also dropped from >100 to 87% towards a drop. Another one I need to hang on! Huth seems to have stayed the same, around mid -70s.

Same here. I've been tempted to shift him out but I'm already on -4, and really don't want to take another hit for the sake of 0.1

I'm managed to not take any hits or play the wildcard yet. Just my 2FTs and nobody has dropped yet. Definitely not going to take a hit for 0.1

Coates will be the first though. He'll go down tomorrow for sure if not tonight. Hope he scores at the weekend now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

FHFC wrote: »

How is YaYa looking? Any chance he will get the 2nd rise before Silva increases? Can't get on any of the sites in work to check myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Just the 4 of my midfielders at -72% or more to a drop! :eek:

AdpRo wrote: »
    How is YaYa looking? Any chance he will get the 2nd rise before Silva increases? Can't get on any of the sites in work to check myself!

Yaya 84.7
    Silva 88.2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Nope, more difficult. I think you missed my point
    Think you missed mine too :p.

I was responding to this simple. And I rest my case: no price changes = more simple.

If I understand correctly what you wish is that we can't have access anymore to the Net Transfers In/Out for the season and for each round? Correct? Do you realise the implications for us? Wouldn't it be really unfair in the sense that players would see movements in and out but we'd have no idea about them? Is this really the game you want? You say we'd all be "in the same boat and we're all making our transfers for the more genuine reasons of picking players based on form and fixtures rather than the fear of price rises/drops". Isn't it a bit utopian? I mean what if you're priced out because you didn't expect a few critical rises/drops to allow your "genuine" transfer? You'd make a "genuine-default" transfer? Or no transfer? And when does your "genuine" transfer become completely default? Is this really the game you want?

I'm not having a dig at you at all but if the italic part I quoted from you is the ideal game for you, don't you think the "no price changes at all" policy would be the only system to guarantee you that?

Advertisement