Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Legion

Options
1272829303133»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

BeerFarts wrote: »
    No, I avoided that in the early days and had an authenticator on it since 2011. I hope they give me a little more detail on why I was banned but they probably won't. I'd hate to have it all come to an end like this.

Raised a ticket anyway and explained my situation. They give the impression that once an account is closed then it's closed and there'll be no more about it after their "careful" investigation.

Get onto customer care over skype ect. If it was me considering the amount of have spent on my account if i was banned without good reason i be looking to take it as high as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭BeerFarts

This action has been taken in accordance with our Terms of Use and our In-game Policies (https://blizzard.com/support/article/42673), which all players acknowledge and agree to prior to playing World of Warcraft. These policies and conditions allow us to maintain a fun and safe game environment for all of our players.

Our Battle.net Terms of Use can be found at https://blizzard.com/company/about/termsofuse.html

We now consider this matter closed and would not look to enter into further discussion on the subject.

I got this generic response this morning and it seems like I'm going to get nowhere on it. It shocks me how easy it is to get banned and lose absolutely everything for doing nothing. Most people would protest their innocence having done something but I genuinely can't understand what it is I'm supposed to have done.

It stings even more having bought BfA on the account a few days ago. It's really disappointing to have wow end for me like this.

I got this generic response this morning and it seems like I'm going to get nowhere on it. It shocks me how easy it is to get banned and lose absolutely everything for doing nothing. Most people would protest their innocence having done something but I genuinely can't understand what it is I'm supposed to have done.

It stings even more having bought BfA on the account a few days ago. It's really disappointing to have wow end for me like this.

That is quite strange, we're you using anything you shouldn't have ? Normally they don't ban unless they are sure.

I was reading last night about people buying duped stuff in game who ended up getting banned. The amount you advised moving around is small fry though.

Also and I say this without judgement if you did do something to warrant this and still want to play you can create a new account and link it to your old battle.net want you will get most mounts and achievements I believe.

I called them just there and the lad restored access to my account, apologised and gave me 7 days play time as compensation. He said that the initial ban was due to a guild I was with (some random one I joined while leveling) and some illicit activities going on. It was an automated ban and he said that the appeal should have been dealt with properly but wasn't and put that down to human error. He advised me not to join random guilds which is laughable, I don't even know if that makes much sense really, why should bans be handed out for that?

It's fairly annoying just how easy it is for this kind of thing to happen considering the amount of money we put into our accounts. They really do have you by the balls at all times.

I called them just there and the lad restored access to my account, apologised and gave me 7 days play time as compensation. He said that the initial ban was due to a guild I was with (some random one I joined while leveling) and some illicit activities going on. It was an automated ban and he said that the appeal should have been dealt with properly but wasn't and put that down to human error. He advised me not to join random guilds which is laughable, I don't even know if that makes much sense really, why should bans be handed out for that?

It's fairly annoying just how easy it is for this kind of thing to happen considering the amount of money we put into our accounts. They really do have you by the balls at all times.

Very happy it worked out for you :), that is insane what he was saying.

I don't know if you want to take it further but understand if you can't be arsed.

• Advertisement

Calhoun wrote: »
    Very happy it worked out for you :), that is insane what he was saying.

I don't know if you want to take it further but understand if you can't be arsed.

Thank you

I feel like I'd want to complain but probably not worth it. No one cares. I think I was probably very lucky to get a nice lad from Cork on the phone. I'd say there would have been plenty of others who would've just gone with what the system told them.

Thank you

I feel like I'd want to complain but probably not worth it. No one cares. I think I was probably very lucky to get a nice lad from Cork on the phone. I'd say there would have been plenty of others who would've just gone with what the system told them.

Yah indeed I only ever seen to get the support in eastern Europe, who generally dislike the peasants playing the game.

What do you main btw , looking forward to legion?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Finally!! :D

d9TF0Vk.jpg

Yah indeed I only ever seen to get the support in eastern Europe, who generally dislike the peasants playing the game.

What do you main btw , looking forward to legion?

Undead Monk on Draenor, mostly playing mistweaver. I used to be a big time raider but don't have the time for it now so I'm fairly casual. I'm looking forward to the expac, hopefully it's decent.

Kiith wrote: »
    Finally!! :D

d9TF0Vk.jpg

Congrats what was the trick that did it ?

• Advertisement

Undead Monk on Draenor, mostly playing mistweaver. I used to be a big time raider but don't have the time for it now so I'm fairly casual. I'm looking forward to the expac, hopefully it's decent.

Nice the only healer I have never been able to stick with.

They have big boots to fill after legion hope it can be done .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Congrats what was the trick that did it ?

Probably just not panicking :pac: The interrupts were what did it though. I redid some of my keybinds, that got me over the line. Also managed to burst the first phase down quickly enough without using any of the orbs, which meant i had plenty of them for phase 2.

Definite sense of achievement once i got it done though (even if i did only manage it with the concordance boost) :D

Nice one who cares how you got it, sure it's a bit easier but allot of these challenges were designed around the mechanic design rather than dps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i can not for the life of me beat kruul on my druid or even get to kruul half the time, i even had a rage quit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭Glebee

Kiith wrote: »
    I've come to the realization that a absolutely suck at Warcraft. Even with the bonus power from the Artifact quest chain, i can't complete a singe Mage tower challenge. Even my Paladin, which is around 930 with good legendaries, and i can't even get close.

Never did get to complete this either on my main Rogue. Might give it another go before BFA launches if I resub soon. From what ive read i thinks its been made a small bit easier hopefully..

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lacee1986

Glebee wrote: »
    Never did get to complete this either on my main Rogue. Might give it another go before BFA launches if I resub soon. From what ive read i thinks its been made a small bit easier hopefully..

They will remove it on next Wednesday, so you don't have much time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭Glebee

lacee1986 wrote: »
    They will remove it on next Wednesday, so you don't have much time.

Thanks for that. Not going to get to it so. No time, too much else going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

all i got the was the cat form one on my druid, but i prefer my secret owl cat form. Fairly anoying that i cant get the bear form but sure i just suck at it so cant complain see plenty of people with it i dont plan on tanking with aggro changes in bfa anyway so i can live with it. But god dam it looks so cool !!

Advertisement