Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Legion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Hi Guys,

I am thinking of jumping back in. I need to pick up Legion. Anybody know a good place to pick it up. Blizzard still want 45 euro for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭Glebee

Tzardine wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I am thinking of jumping back in. I need to pick up Legion. Anybody know a good place to pick it up. Blizzard still want 45 euro for it.

Almost sure this is where I got my copy.

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/world-of-warcraft-legion-pc-standard?mw_aref=8023ef0aa94165947417b567beee956d&utm_source=www.allkeyshop.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=allkeyshop

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Bought a few games from CD Keys including Legion and never had any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

That's where I got mine as well after its launch, no problems with them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Anyone levelled up or currently doing so with the new system?
    How is it?

Im tempted to resub and reroll on Alliance for KGLady`s guild .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I'm on the fence about the leveling change.

In theory, it's good. More XP required per level, plus a dynamic scaling world, means you can finish the story arc in most zones instead of doing a handful of quests in each zone and hitting max level.

However, in practice, most quests are poorly executed and simply boring. Yes, you might get a good one eventually (such as the end 'Rambo' chain in Redridge mountains) that can be fun an engaging, but the vast, vast majority are you standard kill X, pick up Y. It gets boring, fast.

You also have 110 levels to get through which was a slog enough without this change making it feel like it's taking an awful lot longer (as dungeons no longer give insane XP, so you're forced into doing multiple zones to quest - if questing isn't your thing... good luck)

In saying that, the open world is definitely more alive and that is something everyone will appreciate. It's great seeing so many players out questing and personally, on Tarren Mill EU, I've had fantastic world PVP in Duskwood, Redridge, STV and Stormheim against all sorts of players and lots of 110s. It's been great in that (perhaps unintended?) respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

Dcully wrote: »
    Anyone levelled up or currently doing so with the new system?
    How is it?

Im tempted to resub and reroll on Alliance for KGLady`s guild .

Doooo it! :pac: We have lads levelling new chars, and we are also gradually working towards having a Herald of the Titans group on the way to cap too. I've not had much time to level yet but the bit I have, its more engaging in combat terms, as you no longer completely overpower the mobs and you need to actually play your class in a more realistic way. Depending on what zones you pick, you can have a good pace, and while its more involved, you still have all the travel perks and such so its not like vanilla/tbc where more time was spent running through vast zones back and forth than actually engaged in combat and questing. Bellular has a vid with some recommendations for content choice when levelling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-3qnbKQzDM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZhXUnxr2zg

Never played a Death Kinght before, might roll on on Earthen Ring. My main is on Steamwheelde Cartel server.

@ KGLady i just resubbed and will roll a warlock and rogue on Alliance on Earthen Ring, im not sure which ill level up as a main for this server yet.
    Who do i whisper for a g invite :)

@ KGLady i just resubbed and will roll a warlock and rogue on Alliance on Earthen Ring, im not sure which ill level up as a main for this server yet.
    Who do i whisper for a g invite :)

I wont be around tonight, but I'll pm you my BTag and that of two of the lads who can look after you :) I'll tell em to expect a poke. Welcome to the gang!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Gonna roll a Night Elf Druid, KGLady. Can I get a PM too please?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll roll one as well. Human Hunter i think. Worgen Warlock names Ruin :)

I rolled and find the server way too quiet unfortunately, main cities at peak times were dead and met literally nobody out in the world questing, just not for me sadly.
    I decided to roll my free 110 toon on a decently populated server, unlocked my allied races on there too and leveling up is great with loads of people around.

Hard going from having infinite gold to nothing after my move to alliance, bored of horde after 13 years on and off playing :P

I rolled and find the server way too quiet unfortunately, main cities at peak times were dead and met literally nobody out in the world questing, just not for me sadly.
    I decided to roll my free 110 toon on a decently populated server, unlocked my allied races on there too and leveling up is great with loads of people around.

Hard going from having infinite gold to nothing after my move to alliance, bored of horde after 13 years on and off playing :P

Aye it is a much quieter server, but that's part of the charm for the community who are happy there, and in the right guild that doesn't much matter anyway :)

If you are looking to move your gold, don't forget pet sales! Buy on one toon with gold, cage on another to sell. Good luck with it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Just curious, if I was to buy Legion does that give you any free game time too? 14 days or anything? I haven't played since Lich King so I'm out of the loop quite a while now. :o

Dont think you get game time. You could drop Blizzard a mail from your account page and they might give you a weeks free game time. They have done it for me in the past.

I've come to the realization that a absolutely suck at Warcraft. Even with the bonus power from the Artifact quest chain, i can't complete a singe Mage tower challenge. Even my Paladin, which is around 930 with good legendaries, and i can't even get close.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Kiith wrote: »
    I've come to the realization that a absolutely suck at Warcraft. Even with the bonus power from the Artifact quest chain, i can't complete a singe Mage tower challenge. Even my Paladin, which is around 930 with good legendaries, and i can't even get close.

Which ones are you trying? Other than Pally i mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lacee1986

What spec do you play with the paladin?

Have been trying the Protection Paladin one, which is supposed to be quite tough. Just have a hard time getting the silences right, and staying out of the floor ****e till i lose the dot. I actually went back and completed the Affliction Warlock one last night, so that's given me a little bit of hope that i don't utterly suck :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 lacee1986

Have been trying the Protection Paladin one, which is supposed to be quite tough. Just have a hard time getting the silences right, and staying out of the floor ****e till i lose the dot. I actually went back and completed the Affliction Warlock one last night, so that's given me a little bit of hope that i don't utterly suck :P

I highly recommend to use WeakAuras for this. Here is the one I used. I was a bit scared of the prot paladin challenge, but I managed to complete it under 10 tries.

Watch video on youtube and read the guide on Wowhead, it will help a lot.

Once you know the fight, it's pretty easy with ilvl 930.

I've got WeakAura's, but i tend to make everything tiny as i don't usually like having anything on screen. Might change that for the challenges though. If i can get the Paladin one done, i might try a few others, but most of my characters are around ilvl900 with no legendaries, so might not be doable for the rest.

I do like that they have these challenges. There's almost never been any difficult solo content in the game, which is a shame.

I would pick what classes you really want them on and go from there. It shouldnt take too long to get up to 920-930 and maybe get a legendary or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭BeerFarts

Has anyone been banned permanently before? I got an email tonight completely out of the blue that my account was permanently banned due to exploitation of the economy. I just recently returned to play and only used the auction house once to sell since I resubbed. I'm fairly annoyed now as I genuinely did nothing wrong and just bought BFA the other day.

I transferred a character to a realm last week with 90k on him and then changed my mind and transferred him to another to play with some friends instead, could that be why? Seems silly to me but that's all I can come up with.

Anyone else had anything similar? I've had this account for 11 years now so I'm worried it's gone for good.

You actually logged in? could be one of the phishing emails.

Calhoun wrote: »
    You actually logged in? could be one of the phishing emails.

I did and it says the account has been closed permanently.

You need to raise a ticket, i have never heard of them doing something like that. Normally they dont go as far as permabanning unless something really serious has happened.

I have moved toons allot and never had this happen, and i even know a few guys who have got banned periodically for stuff. Never have they got a permaban.

You need to raise a ticket, i have never heard of them doing something like that. Normally they dont go as far as permabanning unless something really serious has happened.

I have moved toons allot and never had this happen, and i even know a few guys who have got banned periodically for stuff. Never have they got a permaban.

I think I might have pinpointed it. I joined a random lfg group the other night that had a 101 twink warrior blowing through dungeons and telling us to afk. He got annoyed at me healing him. I went along with it in the end as it was easy enough but never expected it'd be bannable. Maybe they thought it was a paid service or something....no clue.

That's the only other thing I can think of. Fairly pissed off now given what I've put into it.

BeerFarts wrote: »
    I think I might have pinpointed it. I joined a random lfg group the other night that had a 101 twink warrior blowing through dungeons and telling us to afk. He got annoyed at me healing him. I went along with it in the end as it was easy enough but never expected it'd be bannable. Maybe they thought it was a paid service or something....no clue.

That's the only other thing I can think of. Fairly pissed off now given what I've put into it.

No way it was that especially if it was LFG, you need to raise a ticket im afraid.

Was your account ever hacked?

• Advertisement

No way it was that especially if it was LFG, you need to raise a ticket im afraid.

Was your account ever hacked?

No, I avoided that in the early days and had an authenticator on it since 2011. I hope they give me a little more detail on why I was banned but they probably won't. I'd hate to have it all come to an end like this.

Raised a ticket anyway and explained my situation. They give the impression that once an account is closed then it's closed and there'll be no more about it after their "careful" investigation.

Advertisement