Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Legion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Assuming you didn't get nuked through a wall from one of those Fireball Mages that liked to path the small village outside the cave entrance. :D

Ahh the Defias Pillager...the cause of so many deaths back in the day :)

Xv58Nhd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Can't wait for Classic Server, Was apart of a major 60 twinking guild for years on retail and played on many vanilla private servers, so am excited for blizzard to finally announce it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I personally hope Blizz implement a lot of the new features into Classic WoW. Guild Bank, RealID, new animations/new models (as an option client side) and, most importantly, class balance.

There was nothing fun about not being able to play Retribution Paladin or Balance Druid back in Vanilla, for example, because they were so horrendously imbalanced and all around poor.

I can't see a game developer making that decision to re-release content with their classes gated behind being ****e...even if the reddit neckbeards on /r/classicwow will cry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,278 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

This is the problem, no one really knows WHAT classic means. Does it mean modern classes get to 60 and thats it? Or does it mean that anything other than a Prot warrior can't tank again?

Does it mean that AQ40 will be live straight away or is there gonna be a patch cycle? So many questions.

Vicxas wrote: »
    This is the problem, no one really knows WHAT classic means. Does it mean modern classes get to 60 and thats it? Or does it mean that anything other than a Prot warrior can't tank again?

Does it mean that AQ40 will be live straight away or is there gonna be a patch cycle? So many questions.

Personally I think that they'll re-release "vanilla" WoW without the more controversial changes (Old world re-vamp, "new" talents, LFG system) but it will contain all the other improvements made to the game. I also believe the general difficulty of the mobs, dungeons, raids and value of professions will be increased. I wouldn't be surprised to see "Classic WoW" develop into it's own version of the game that ends up with new expansions that keep with the general theme.

This is the beginning of WoW 2.0, imo.

My body is ready. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i think i would prefer a server with no lfd than vanila, that's what made the community on your server. its where all the fun came from not this no one matters any more feeling it has the last few years.

I use to know lots of people on bloodhoof and they would know me just from trading or doing groups, or if people wanted to make a all rogue group and go gank people in storm wind they would ask me along and i would fight elfmagedon in my greens and him in his warlord gear and he'd beat me all the time but just barely.

And that girl i played with for years who faked her death and her raiding guild tormented souls had a ingame send off, then i told them she aint dead that b**ch faked it because i remembered her friend switched server to play alliance and i went to ask about going over for the funeral and he said she aint dead i seen her yesterday!So people went full on internet detective and we got her contact details and collectively gave her **** for upsetting so many people.

I started out on Bloodhoof EU too! A guild named Shadowblade Rogues on Alliance because a friend from school's uncle was in it :pac:

I just want Classic so I can level a Dwarf Priest with tailoring and enchanting, that has to cook and fish and just battle my way through all the quests the world has to offer.

...I currently two shot things as Holy @ 39 in Legion. And I'm only in Tailoring crafted and quest rewards.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Looking forward to a classic server, have been dipping in and out of the game for the last 18 months, seem to get the itch to play again and then get bored after a couple of weeks.

I still remember my first proper guild, and some of the people from it. Blood will Tell on Bladefist Alliance. Made a bunch of friends from it back in the day.

As for Classic, i don't understand why people wouldn't want updated character models. It's one thing to not want some (any) of the gameplay changes or QOL additions, but there is no reason not to want the game to look better. If it's an exact copy of Vanilla, i'll probably play a few levels and then never touch it again. There's just too many things that i have no interest in doing without.

Now give me classic, with updated graphics, QOL changes that don't include cross realm, lfg etc... and i can see myself enjoying it a lot.

Kiith wrote: »
    I still remember my first proper guild, and some of the people from it. Blood will Tell on Bladefist Alliance. Made a bunch of friends from it back in the day.

As for Classic, i don't understand why people wouldn't want updated character models. It's one thing to not want some (any) of the gameplay changes or QOL additions, but there is no reason not to want the game to look better. If it's an exact copy of Vanilla, i'll probably play a few levels and then never touch it again. There's just too many things that i have no interest in doing without.

Now give me classic, with updated graphics, QOL changes that don't include cross realm, lfg etc... and i can see myself enjoying it a lot.

Exactly. If you read /r/classicwow you'll see some absolutely outrageous demands. People want the game re-released with specializations completely useless in end-game content and with well known bugs from previous patches still in the code.

This was actually posted by Blizzard themselves looking for player feedback.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc64CYad2GpAVvH6yEl-mLd2NBlCnKeIASA8mTrRwjJQ5usDw/alreadyresponded

Worth doing if you have 60 seconds spare to answer a few questions about what you'd like to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Played since vanilla, stopped playing in TBC and came back for the lich king. I was never hard core raider. Loved pvp, collecting pets/mounts and professions. Professions was a large part of the game for me, the messed it up big time in warlords, I tried my best to work around it, but it soon became apparent that to level professions like before would take endless grinding.

Grinding was always part of professions and I was was prepared to grind mats, but for someone who had every prof maxed I found it the game effectively destroyed one of the most important features for me.

I unsubbed for first time in over ten years a fear months ago and I cant ever seeing myself going back. Which is a shame, because I've stuck with it for so long only to have it push me away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,604 ✭✭✭Glebee

I rolled a new human priest last week and blasted through dead mines in fifteen minutes in a standard group. I remember the first time I played Deadmines it took ages and was really hard..

Having to use cc just to get through a thrash mob. Ahh i remember the different symbols for sheep, sap etc... Good times :)

Lower level dungeons now are laughable...but that's what people wanted it seems. Quicker to max level that way.

I can't wait to CC dungeon mobs again... with people I actually know from my server! With a group I formed myself! Van Cleaf won't know what hit him! :pac:

Definitely going down the Dwarf Shadow Priest route. Always wanted one in Vanilla/TBC but went with a Warlock instead. Now that I've discovered I like to heal, Priest it is.

Tailoring, Enchanting, Cooking and Fishing. I'll level them all! Gonna' farm myself a Winterspring Frostsaber too. All the memories of things I missed out on back in the day. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Hey, not sure if it's relevant to anyone here but legion is on sale for €19.99 at the moment for black Friday sale.

Going to pick it up, am only just getting back into game now very slowly, haven't played since before the release of MoP so I've plenty of levelling content to keep me going until the release BfA :D

Hey, not sure if it's relevant to anyone here but legion is on sale for €19.99 at the moment for black Friday sale.

Going to pick it up, am only just getting back into game now very slowly, haven't played since before the release of MoP so I've plenty of levelling content to keep me going until the release BfA :D

Welcome back, settle in its gonna be a long one :D

I think i'll come back for 7.3.5 and level some characters with the improved levelling. Supposed to be far superior and i'll get to play through some zones i never did after Cata was released.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,604 ✭✭✭Glebee

Only just started into Legion myself. it will keep me going over the Christmas I guess

I broke my hand and can only play games one handed with a mouse currently so I decided to jump on WoW.

Playing my Warlock in LFR and I clicked my way to 600,000 DPS :pac: - I also got a pair of legendary shoulders with an ilvl of 1000... never thought I'd see that in my wow life.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

If any of ye are in need of a decent guild active community, I GM an Alliance guild on a ER/DMF. ER was the other RP server at vanilla launch (ie not AD!) and its got an exceptionally nice and mature community, it also doesn't have Cross-Realm sharing so its a great spot for rares and resource gathering. Overall its a smaller population v's the EU PVE behemoths and we dont have much in the way of Mythic raiding. However for a certain type of player, its an absolute haven.

As for the guild, we're <50 players so its a place where you know everyone and much of us are first name terms. A few Irish, English and Welsh and a smatttering of the Scandies that most Eng realms have. We raid Heroic - Ahead of the Curve each tier - and normals for tier, alts and craic. We do mythic+ throughout the week, and the core team would be getting a 15 for the chest on mains every reset, but we also run lower as needed for guildies. We are mostly a bunch of Vanilla Vets whose raiding guilds went inactive and we formed the guild and have continued to recruit more like us. From Uni students to working parents, we are all adult players and as such flexible on things like raiding commitments.

So if you miss having a guild where someone is glad to see you log on and will kick demon butts with you, gimme a poke.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Sounds great KGLady, if and when i get back into wow [which i always do on and off since launch] ill look you people up, only hurdle is all my toons are horde and on another realm, might to time to level an alt with the new system.

I'm gonna roll some Horde characters with the new leveling system. Never really gone through the Horde zones, so should be interesting. Belf Hunter or Monk, Orc Shaman or Tauren DK i think. They are the classes i don't have at max so far.

Pre 7.3.5 - We demand a better leveling experience, which provides more of a challenge and allows us to experience the quest content.
    Post 7.3.5 - **** sake, it takes me 30% longer to level and now dungeons aren't face rollingly easy. And it takes longer to solo old raids! Roll it back Blizz!

:rolleyes:

People simply can't be pleased. God help Blizzard when they roll out Classic servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm gonna roll some Horde characters with the new leveling system. Never really gone through the Horde zones, so should be interesting. Belf Hunter or Monk, Orc Shaman or Tauren DK i think. They are the classes i don't have at max so far.

Go with monk, ive maxed all classes so far (Except warlock), geared up quite a few. And the monk is by far the most fun class in all speccs. The cleave WW monks can do is sick, and the healing spells MW has is so varied it makes it just so fun to play. Plus the mobility in all speccs is great, and they have probably the coolest most unique class mount ;)

Shaman is meh, they are great healers but quite boring.

Death knights, while cool looking and a fun class hall for the most part, they are just.....boring

Hunters are cool, ive only played MM mostly, great damage, my hunter was one of my last rolls, i maxed him and geared him a fair bit but i could see him getting boring.. Though i didnt try survival at all, that could have spiced things up, its changed so much, all melee now.

I started an Orc Warrior last night, and i quite enjoy my current Human Warrior. Going to play him through with no heirlooms, and even not using the hierloom mount. Want to actually enjoy getting my mount at lvl20 :P I also installed Immersion, which actually makes me enjoy reading the quest information. Definitely going to take this slow and actually go some of the zones i've never done before.

An Undead Monk is definitely on the cards though.

After my last post, we've had one of the lads here join us (and he's already fitting in like part of the furniture :D ) and we have a nice little community with a mix of folks from IRL/UK/EU. We're running M+ (capping chest each week) and taking a chill pace through Heroic Antorus.

So if any of ye are levelling alliance, consider ER/DMF poke me a DM, and we'll give you a friendly home.

KGLady wrote: »
    After my last post, we've had one of the lads here join us (and he's already fitting in like part of the furniture :D ) and we have a nice little community with a mix of folks from IRL/UK/EU. We're running M+ (capping chest each week) and taking a chill pace through Heroic Antorus.

So if any of ye are levelling alliance, consider ER/DMF poke me a DM, and we'll give you a friendly home.

Which server are you on? I'm considering coming back sometime soon.

ER/DMF

Earthen Ring/Darkmoon Faire merged server. Its RP-PVE, and its one of the original servers. Its a smaller population (AD is the behemoth) but there are many benefits like the tight knit community and rare farming and in general the more mature community ... yes even in trade :D

KGLady wrote: »
    ER/DMF

Earthen Ring/Darkmoon Faire merged server. Its RP-PVE, and its one of the original servers. Its a smaller population (AD is the behemoth) but there are many benefits like the tight knit community and rare farming and in general the more mature community ... yes even in trade :D

Ah yes, i'm on AD myself, but don't RP.

Hope thats OK :)

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »
    Ah yes, i'm on AD myself, but don't RP.

Hope thats OK :)

Absolutely :) You wont be the only one with us from AD either!

Advertisement