Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Legion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Discipline is a lot of fun now and a real challenge to play, knowledge of when damage is incoming is a big plus, time to learn fights allover again plus the new stuff ,,,,, thats if i do decide to resub :P

but yeah discipline is probably the hardest spec ive played in the game since release but its so so rewarding when you get it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,276 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Dcully wrote: »
    Discipline is a lot of fun now and a real challenge to play, knowledge of when damage is incoming is a big plus, time to learn fights allover again plus the new stuff ,,,,, thats if i do decide to resub :P

but yeah discipline is probably the hardest spec ive played in the game since release but its so so rewarding when you get it right.

Disc is meant to be very rewarding once you learn it properly, same with a Feral Druid.

I remember playing my Disc priest right after the changes came through and before Artifact weapons came out. Was a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Odds on a new expansion announcement at Gamescon anyone?

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Odds on a new expansion announcement at Gamescon anyone?

If not Gamescon then it'll be Blizzcon.

FINALLY got to down KJ nomal this morning, after like.... 30 pug attempts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Aaaaand im back, i just cant help subbing every few months to itch that mmo itch..

Anybody know quickest way to grind legion rep? trying to get that flying sorted for alts..

Also any tips with acquiring the class mounts? does it take long?

I've tried looking it up but its wow and y'know, information overload! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Welcome back, get in and grind dailies in the broken shore is the quickest way.
    There are also rep missions for your alts (if you have any) and sometimes the tokens for those are BoA, so you can mail them to your main to get his/her rep up faster. Drawback to that is that they might not be Legion rep tokens.

Class mounts doesnt take long but some require you to have unlocked other bits of the story you might have skipped. I know for my pally that I didnt unlock suramar and he is stalled very near the end.

I'm looking to come back too :pac:

I'm thinking of leveling a Human Paladin or Priest. I'm not sure which. I have both at 110 but none of the Legion end-game of space aliens appeals to me so I figure I'll just clear some zones with quests.

Anyone recommend a good Alliance EU realm? Preferably PvP.

Also; a side note, have you seen how Blizzard turned off sharding for some RP event on MoonGuard-US? The server actually looks alive again! Why on earth can't they do that for all zones...

I understand sharding launches but after that...

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I'm looking to come back too :pac:

I'm thinking of leveling a Human Paladin or Priest. I'm not sure which. I have both at 110 but none of the Legion end-game of space aliens appeals to me so I figure I'll just clear some zones with quests.

Anyone recommend a good Alliance EU realm? Preferably PvP.

Also; a side note, have you seen how Blizzard turned off sharding for some RP event on MoonGuard-US? The server actually looks alive again! Why on earth can't they do that for all zones...

I understand sharding launches but after that...

Looks like Sharding has been turned off for most of the servers for Northrend, looks Bustling!

Well i enjoyed my free 7 days so asked for 7 more and blizz obliged, im now subbed for the next 60 days :P

Still maining disc priest but started to level up alts thanks to ability to upgrade heirlooms to 110, super fast leveling now.

Having a blast with my demon hunter, never knew they were so enjoyable to play, currently tanking away and enjoying it.
    Nearly have my Dk to 110 too now, also fun tanking on him although i think i enjoy the demon hunter tanking gameplay a bit more.

Could i have a tank as a main? ive never done so before but cant get over how enjoyable demon hunter is.

I need flaying in broken isles soooo much.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've been levelling alts pretty much entirely, and once they get to LFR levels (860ish), i tend to move on to another one. Hadn't originally planned it, but i think i might try get all classes to 110 over the next few weeks.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    I've been levelling alts pretty much entirely, and once they get to LFR levels (860ish), i tend to move on to another one. Hadn't originally planned it, but i think i might try get all classes to 110 over the next few weeks.

Yeah im doing kinda similar, have a shaman, rogue and druid at 110, working on a paladin now.. The shaman and rogue are fairly geared as far as LFR gearing goes..

Anybody on horde stormscale in a decent guild?

I've been playing solo for a long time now, people i used to play with are either done for good or alliance.

I don't think i'll bother gearing any of the alts, as the catch up mechanics in 7.3 will remove the need for that. Struggling to get any of them levelled though, and i might just stick to doing invasions when they are up.

Or just not bother and play something else for a while.

what are they adding in 7.3 to help gear alts?

nix wrote: »
    what are they adding in 7.3 to help gear alts?

You get instant lvl900 champions with an item from Argus, everyone gets lvl40 AK, and everyones AK goes up every week. Plus, most of the unlocks (for the Argus systems) are account wide soon.

7.3 is out today.

I sit in work determined to re-sub and level a character again, then I get home and lose all drive to play :pac:

Going to stay away a while longer I think. I did see those 7.3 Animations for Casters which looked nice. Still an absolute shame that your character doesn't incorporate their weapon into the casting, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Kiith wrote: »
    7.3 is out today.

Had a look at some US streams yesterday, and where historically I'd maybe take a day of work for a patch launch, doesn't feel justified for this patch. While there is a lot of content, its all gated and looks like you kinda "finish" pretty quickly.

Did some reading yesterday as I hadnt really been keeping tabs on 7.3, patch feels like its come quickly with me still progressing ToS Mythic.

But finally looks a real alt friendly patch. You can get tokens that are BOA to send to alts, and new high ilvl gear tokens for currency for alts too. I'm levelling a priest through invasions at the moment, so be handy to fire over BOA gear tokens when he hits 110, and for him and my rogue to just do Argus content and gear themselves up. Anything to not step foot into LFR is a win for me.

Seems most people complimenting and freaking out about the lore. As someone who hasn't paid attention to whats happening since WOtLK, probably going to be a bit disappointed the content gates so quickly.

Its a huge patch and the cloesest thing to an expansion wile not being an expansion.

As for lore, im playing on and off since day one release date and took zero notice of any lore :)

http://www.wowhead.com/news=270801/comprehensive-argus-guide-now-live

I actually love the lore...it's the main reason i want to play the new patch :o

Havent had a chance to hop on and try it, will give it a bash over the weekend.

• Advertisement

I've really enjoyed Argus so far. As someone who does like the lore, it's been great. Argus looks fantastic, and there's plenty to do. And the rares are actually tough for a change. Had a few close calls even with my Prot Paladin.

I do hate time gated content though.

I love how they removed flying to encourage exploring. Makes it seem a lot busier.

Vicxas wrote: »
    I love how they removed flying to encourage exploring. Makes it seem a lot busier.

I'm a bit more cynical then that. I honestly believe the only reason they remove flying is because they can "re-gate" it behind content and have players spend a few weeks doing content to re-unlock it.

If they wanted the world to seem busier, remove sharding. If they wanted to encourage exploring, build caves, tunnels, better indoor areas - even no fly zones because NPCs will shoot you down!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Yeah its just a method to force players into experiencing the content they have built. Which to be honest is fair enough, why would they bother with all the detail and tiered design if we just fly about all over the place. And yet at the same time, everyone just wants to fly. I do anyway, do it quicker, do it faster

Remembered the game is free-to-play from 1-20 so I've rolled a Human Paladin and I'm just exploring the world. I spent a good hour walking around Stormwind reading books and doing the few quests that litter the canal ways.

I am using an addon, Storybook/Storyful or something similar that animates the quest text. It's very nice and makes reading the quests a lot more bearable. I'm going to go zone-by-zone and see how I get on. If it's still fun after Westfall/Duskwood then I'll sub and continue on.

I've never considered paying for a mount, but you get these with the Blizzcon digital pass. I love the look of both of them.

https://i.imgur.com/mWzXANj.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/Yo7UWtd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I am a mount collector and both look pretty cool, the mount special on the alliance one shoots its guns.

God Damn but those mounts look Sweet AF.

Have a feeling the new Expansion wont be teased at Blizzcon tho so 30 quid on a mount is a bit hmmmmmm for me.

So i bit the bullet and went after the lucid nightmare.

Tool me about 3 hours. An hour of which spent in that endless dungeon. That was a bloody pain

• Advertisement

I did LFR Nighthold and Tomb of Sergeras this weekend. Very nice zones. I really like the Nighthold.

Not really enjoying Argus too much - It's a bit too Sci-Fi for me - plus my poor Warlock keeps getting told how bad daemons and fel energy are while I'm blasting the indigenous with green fire and petting my Doomguard.

Fúck the light! :pac:

Advertisement